Trump, other Republicans reject gun reforms at NRA convention that showcases nation’s split

onthedarkside

Republican lawmakers on mass shootings:

"Let us pray for the victims of these terrible shootings...."

And then head back to Congress to vote against and block sensible gun control measures that the majority of Americans support.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

23 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Funny how MAGA guys suddenly discover a social conscience and start talking about e.g. US poverty whenever there's talk about the US help another country.

I don't take much of an interest in American politics  , but I would feel rather annoyed if my Country was giving away so much money , but well done to America and Americans for their generosity and I suppose that the people living in tents wont be paying much tax dollars anyway  

• Like 1

6 injured in Tennessee shooting, police say

At least six people were injured on Saturday night during an exchange of gunfire in downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee, police said.

Chattanooga Police officers were patrolling downtown at about 10:48 p.m. local time when they "observed multiple parties exchanging gunfire and numerous people fleeing the area" near 100 Cherry St.

Police said "several" gunshot victims were transported to local hospitals. Two individuals had life-threatening injuries, police said. Most of the victims were in their teens or early 20s, police said.

(more)

https://abcnews.go.com/US/multiple-people-shoot-tennessee-police/story?id=85048571

It's so bad to see what's happening but at some point it's up to the quiet majority to stand up and do something. Meanwhile happy to be in a country where we did do something and we don't have to deal with such ridiculousness, paranoia, and fear that must surely be a significant part of  living in such a gun filled environment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

It's so bad to see what's happening but at some point it's up to the quiet majority to stand up and do something. Meanwhile happy to be in a country where we did do something and we don't have to deal with such ridiculousness, paranoia, and fear that must surely be a significant part of  living in such a gun filled environment. 

Many American gun owners have the fear that if they lay down their weapons , then the USA Government will come and get them .

Give their weapons up and they will be in an incarceration camp by the week-end and all their freedoms will be removed . 

IMO, thats a form of paranoia