Wish to cancel my True internet 30 day package

Found multiple sources in Thai language.

Google translate from one of the websites:

• It can be done easily, just press *190# to call.
  • Then the system will ask to confirm "press 1". Just like this, the system will cancel the promotion (only for the promotion that can be cancelled).
  • The system sends an SMS to notify the canceled promotion to confirm. This ends the cancellation process.
  •  We can check the promotion in our number, press *900# to call.

If that fails, you or wife call their hotline: 1242

or install/search on their app

or visit shop

*190#: I found another video in Thai where the user explicitely uses

*190*1#

As far as I know this just forces Thai language explicitely.

Edited by KhunBENQ

5 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

By not topping up your funds it would not be able to renew too. Could visit a branch too or if you use the true app there is a live chat.

I don't know about Thailand  but in the UK you will continue  to be billed, charged for  debt recovery  and contract  default  and possibly  end up in court.

• Confused 2

35 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I don't know about Thailand  but in the UK you will continue  to be billed, charged for  debt recovery  and contract  default  and possibly  end up in court.

Not true of a post paid auto-renew deal which is not the same as having a ‘Post-Paid Contract’ which often comes with a discounted phone etc.

So.. it really depends what contract or not the Op has. 

From the Ops post it seems he has a Pre-Paid Sim with a package which auto-renews each month. 

IF so - he can contact TrueMove and ask them to end the auto-renewal at the next cycle. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not true of a post paid auto-renew deal which is not the same as having a ‘Post-Paid Contract’ which often comes with a discounted phone etc.

So.. it really depends what contract or not the Op has. 

From the Ops post it seems he has a Pre-Paid Sim with a package which auto-renews each month. 

IF so - he can contact TrueMove and ask them to end the auto-renewal at the next cycle. 

Its auto renewal therefore non payment  does  not necessarily  count as legal cancellation.

In the UK you will continue  to be billed, possibly charged for  debt recovery  and contract  default  and possibly  end up in court.

You need to cancel  the contract before you  cancel payment.

Canceling a payment is just defaulting.

The OP should just go  to a TrueMove  office and  sort  it out, cancel the contract  and then cancel any payments. Defaulting on payments is not a sensible  option.

My wife just got back after 3 months - she had a 30 day internet deal with True, but it was not set to autorenew, so she did it each month, Her advice is just to go to the True shop.

Alternatively you can talk to them via True i Service app'.

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

My understanding too.

Except the topic starter tells that it is a postpaid contract? :biggrin:

For prepaid:

The only reason for explicitely cancelling is to make sure that the number is kept alive and a respecting balance not eaten up.

For prepaid there is absolutely no other consequence from not filling up (top up) than loosing the number.

There is no "billing"! It's prepaid!

Before buying my one year DTAC SIM for internet I had a one month "auto renew" DTAC SIM for the same purpose (and see whether it works).

When checking status in the app it was clearly stated that the current balance is 0, next autorenew due in one month, SIM getting cancelled after a month without topup. That's it. I let it run out and finish.

And it's just a few years (after the coup) since you had to register/identify yourself for a prepaid SIM. Before that it was completely anonymous.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Its indeed prepaid

I just ensured that balance is well below the  top up level and I stopped the internet service, which had 1 day to run as I boarded my flight.

Code is here:

https://www3.truecorp.co.th/truemoveh/selfservice/prepaid?ln=en

I will then re enable the internet when I am back in Thailand and check the balance and top up if required

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/29/2022 at 4:35 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

In the UK you will continue  to be billed, possibly charged for  debt recovery  and contract  default  and possibly  end up in court.

You need to cancel  the contract before you  cancel payment.

Canceling a payment is just defaulting.

That is true for the UK.

But you may have noticed we are not in the UK and UK rules and laws have no meaning here.

If it is a pre pay number and there are not enough funds to pay that is the finish. No default, no court.