How is Pattaya nightlife these days?

Baron Samedi

1 minute ago, Henryford said:

I can't believe the state of Walking Street. They have had 2 years to sort out the road/pavement so they just start when Pattaya reopens.

Tell us about it!

Do the bars pay the girls a salary these days or are they freelance ? I passed the newish bars at the second road end of Soi 7 yesterday and there were loads of girls but no customers, made me think how profitable they could be.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2022 at 7:45 AM, Henryford said:

I can't believe the state of Walking Street. They have had 2 years to sort out the road/pavement so they just start when Pattaya reopens.

Are you making a reference to the concept of planning? Improvement? Using down time to move the nation forward? Hah! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kinyara said:

Do the bars pay the girls a salary these days or are they freelance ? I passed the newish bars at the second road end of Soi 7 yesterday and there were loads of girls but no customers, made me think how profitable they could be.

Last I knew they have a salary but are required to make minimum numbers of Lady Drinks, Bar-fines etc, or they are subject to deductions. I guess it varies, but the numbers seen advertised will not be earned in an empty bar or playing on a phone. Some places employ 'freelancers' too.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

but the numbers seen advertised will not be earned in an empty bar or playing on a phone. Some places employ 'freelancers' too.

Many of the girls on their phones are freelancers.  If they get a lady drink, good for them, but they are sitting their on their phones working on an app. 

They can use their phone in the bar because they are commissioned based, no salary, so the boss has very little control. 

If the freelancer gets a customer from an app, she can just up and leave, which leaves the salaried girls still sitting in an empty bar, getting their salary deducted to next to nothing. 

How long before the majority of the salaried girls turn freelance, because a big percentage of customers are now using apps? 

• Like 1

Considering it's low season there are plenty of punters around, GoGo's are operating as before now, and lots of Indian tourists about.

Been to WS a couple of times, I would say 50% open, and the ones that are open doing well, but as mentioned not a cheap night

2 hours ago, Seppius said:

Considering it's low season there are plenty of punters around, GoGo's are operating as before now, and lots of Indian tourists about.

Been to WS a couple of times, I would say 50% open, and the ones that are open doing well, but as mentioned not a cheap night

ah good, which walking st agogos did you go to?

On 5/30/2022 at 8:14 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Nicely said ????

Lady drink for the "super model" 200 Baht.

Just for the interview which might end after 3 minutes because "I have to dance".

No thanks. Leave it to the Koreans Japanese and other pay alls.

Other prices not appropriate to mention here. Just use factors of 10 to 25. 

Is that how I managed to drop 10K baht last Saturday? I thought I must have been robbed. Oh, wait... I'll just have one or two beers I said...

On 5/31/2022 at 10:39 PM, Leaver said:

Many of the girls on their phones are freelancers.  If they get a lady drink, good for them, but they are sitting their on their phones working on an app. 

They can use their phone in the bar because they are commissioned based, no salary, so the boss has very little control. 

If the freelancer gets a customer from an app, she can just up and leave, which leaves the salaried girls still sitting in an empty bar, getting their salary deducted to next to nothing. 

How long before the majority of the salaried girls turn freelance, because a big percentage of customers are now using apps? 

"How long before the majority of the salaried girls turn freelance, because a big percentage of customers are now using apps?"

Which apps?

11 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

"How long before the majority of the salaried girls turn freelance, because a big percentage of customers are now using apps?"

Which apps?

There are quite a few.  Thai Friendly is popular.