Thai government to sell ฿80 lottery tickets online to prevent overpricing

webfact

1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

Will the Pao Tang application have an English language option and be downloadable for All phones?

I doubt it + the GF is telling me you have to have an account with Krung Thai bank to use it. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The five million lottery tickets are those from the lottery quotas withdrawn by the GLO from 10,000 vendors, after it was discovered that they were not selling the tickets to the public as required, but to unauthorised online lottery dealers instead.

Just go 100% online... end the corruption.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Alternatively the RTP could have just walked around and confiscated the overpriced tickets from each vendor. After all the lottery vendors are well established in set positions in each locale. But that would have meant actually enforcing the law and potentially upsetting the very vendors that have been paying the RTP rent each week. 

So having already been robbed of their legitimate profit by greedy, unscrupulous agents, you now want the vendors to be robbed again by the police, whose duty it is to protect them.

You're another one who needs to head off and read the full article and discover the real facts about overpricing.

Clue: It isn't the vendors.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 2

So many disabled sellers will now be out of a job through no fault of their own

but middleman manipulation, greed, graft & profiteering.

Sounds about right.

I remember when online "lotto" style was canned so the handicapped had 

an opportunity to earn a meagre living.

Oh Thailand

• Like 1

The inability to regulate the sale of lottery tickets tells you all you need to do about the current government, as this has been a pet project of the PM pretty much from day #1. A complete and utter failure. 

9 hours ago, Thailand said:

5 million being sold online, big deal.

I guess the remaining 50? million will still be at street prices as per normal.

The 5 million will be sold on day one. There is big money to be had here for Government funds, if they went for the UK model, with outlets in convenience stores, petroleum stations etc.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Moonlover said:

The vendors that you meet on the street have done nothing to themselves, It's agents above them in the feeding chain who had been jacking up the prices by illegally selling them to unauthorized dealers. 

You need to read the full article in Thai TBS world to get the picture.

I understand the intention of the lottery was that poor people and the disabled would sell the tickets to give them an income. However this has been corrupted by others.  ☹️☹️

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

tried to buy a ticket, need a Thai ID

Would the Thai vaccination Id work, has the right amount of characters. I am out of the country and it will probably be geoblocked.

Cheers