No win No Fee Lawyers in Pattaya

bondjames007

I asked my lawyer friend and as usual didn't get a straight answer but it seems no such thing as no win no fee here, but having talked to her about many cases you often need a lawyer to push the police to take action, I don't think expensive, nothing compared to back home

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

No fee no win, yes as they won't work for you without getting paid ergo you can't win.

No win no fee, no lawyers here want to get paid first.

you've canvassed every lawyer in Pattaya and Bangkok then have you?

• Confused 1

Wouldn't the not needing to pay if there's no win just increase grumpy farangs filing frivolous lawsuits?   

"Oh, this company mad me mad, I'm going to sue them and if I lose, I don't have to pay a single satang".

• Haha 1

I like everyone came here not looking for trouble.  But at times nothing you do can trouble just comes years ago I said do the right thing you are in some one else country so I used their court system got the judgement but later found out the lawyer did some underhand stuff before I got the judgement which render it useless.

To say I was <deleted> is an understatement, one day a family member visited from H.K. with some people he knew in Bangkok, one of them was a lawyer I told him what had happened his response was with your family connections and resources why are you using our court system?  He said you do what Thais like himself do it yourself you can't get something if you are already scraping the bottom their court system is useless.  From that day I've never looked back?????

15 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

you've canvassed every lawyer in Pattaya and Bangkok then have you?

Years ago in Pattaya I pretty much did including a large list I got from the US Embassy.  After I complaint why you provide such a list half of them couldn't speak English, said look at the bottom read we take no responsibility! Then at Expat clubs got recommendation interviewed all came away shaking my head.  I remember one about speaking about my situation the guy took down the information said I will look into it come back in a week when I did he just looked at me with a blank stir? In general in Pattaya I haven't and I've not heard in Bangkok so far? 

• Thanks 2

There is no one size fits all or blanket answer to the OP's question, surely, unless

lawyers acting on a contingency basis are prohibited from doing so under Thai law?

Sure, it may not be the norm, but if a case is big enough, with a potentially large

pay-off to a lawyer who takes it, and he thinks it is win-able, then why not? His costs

are marginal, with the possibility of an above-average return.

The OP needs to dip his toe in the water, and see what may be out there, IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Mine was the opposite Thailand49--but then I obviously dont have the same family connections as you---and maybe the OP doesn't either.

I finished a 3 year court session in Issan last year (against Thai's--which I won) the lawyer fees were not to extreme and we were well compensated from that.

The Thai system (non criminal) is very much mediation--- thats why it took so long, (+ the Covid) the Adjudicator tells you what he thinks-tries to nudge it this way or that, our opponents were quite hard nosed about the hints he was giving to their lawyer and they spent a lot of time wasting, turning up without their lawyer many times asking for a 3 month stay, phoning in to say they had Covid 3 times. etc etc ...  In the end he ran out of patience, when asked on the last occasion were we any nearer to an agreement- when told no he said well you better have in 14 days when you come back here, or I will rule on it, and at moment I am more in favor of the plaintiff.***

We came to an agreement with our lawyer that he would charge X amount for the case -- seems a long time but if it wasn't for the time wasting (them- thinking we would walk away + Covid close down)--the whole would have taken about 4-5 days.

Lawyers usually know how long a case will take and should be able to give a charge cost before it starts.

***I have add lib his words-- my lawyers explanation rambled on for an hour.

Nice that you collected basically what I meant " scraping " basically the guy was telling me why go to court pay a lawyer win and collect what from a guy who has nothing. 

His only asset is himself without me going into details in explaining I think you know what happen?

This country is 3rd world it is bad influence since there is very little police intervention it is like the wild west. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Show me one who does.

prove to me that 100% of the lawyers in Bangers and Patts don't work on a contingency basis. emails will suffice, it doesn't need to be on letterhead. kthxbye.