Biden says U.S. sending medium-range rocket systems to Ukraine

onthedarkside

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I do admire your stance about standing up to bullys and fighting back against them . Standing up and fighting against evil dictators and fighting for what is good and righteous .

That is the spirit that won previous wars against evil  .

We need to stand up and fight against them .

The World needs brave Men like you . 

When do you intend flying back to Europe  and joining the army to fight the Russians ? 

Will you be joining the Ukrainian Army ?

Ah, a person who prefers to live on his knees. Thanks for letting us know.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I suggest you check back on what Putin has said repeatedly, he wants to restore the USSR to its former glory. IIRC, the USSR extended all the way to a partitioned Germany.

Yes, that is the Eastern Block,  the suggestion was that Putin wants to take over Europe , Western Europe ,

4 minutes ago, Smoothsailing1 said:

They are sending Ukraine weapons which will kill Russians, and now missiles that can strike deep into Russia. This is very irresponsible.

How long before Russia takes indirect action back against the United States? They can cause economic chaos by encouraging partners to move away from the dollar, or dump US treasuries as a bad bet.

If they persuade China to throw up road blocks in the way of essential exports the west is in trouble. The recent Chinese Covid lockdowns are already a concern (and suspicious).

I suggest you compare the GDP of Russia against that of the US and Europe before predicting economic chaos, Russia is a minnow in comparison. What partners? Only China has enough clout to provide an alternative world reserve currency, and it has enough on its plate with multiple property sector failures.

Western economies are already working on reducing their dependence on Chinese exports.

You have it the wrong way round, China needs imports from the West to feed its population, and support its industries. AFAIK China does not build any commercial aircraft, for example.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Smoothsailing1 said:

They are sending Ukraine weapons which will kill Russians, and now missiles that can strike deep into Russia. This is very irresponsible.

How long before Russia takes indirect action back against the United States? They can cause economic chaos by encouraging partners to move away from the dollar, or dump US treasuries as a bad bet.

If they persuade China to throw up road blocks in the way of essential exports the west is in trouble. The recent Chinese Covid lockdowns are already a concern (and suspicious).

Putin is a bully.

Bullies need to be resisted.

Otherwise they never stop.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Ah right, so you wont be going to war , you just want others to go to war ?

Which wars did you fight in when you were younger ?

I was too old to be conscripted for Vietnam, if I had been I would have gone.

What wars have you fought in? Seems to me you are just trolling.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

There was no such suggestion, what you are doing is simply gaslighting.

You compared  Putin to Hitler , and Hitler had the intention of expanding his Empire right across Europe and as you made the comparison between the two people , it seems like you were suggestion that Putin has the same intentions as Hitler . If not, why compare the two people ?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Smoothsailing1 said:

Russian oil cannot be pumped without Western technology, it has no domestic car industry, all its domestic passenger aircraft are either Boeing or Airbus. 45% of Russian imports are machinery, technology and transport, about $100 billion before sanctions.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Smoothsailing1 said:

I thought it was Russia where one could get 15 years in jail for contradicting the official line on the war, AFAIK the Ukrainians do not have a similar penalty.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I was too old to be conscripted for Vietnam, if I had been I would have gone.

What wars have you fought in? Seems to me you are just trolling.

Just pointing out if you think that "we" should stand up and fight against Russia , bravely going to war with the dictator Putin and not "live on your knees"  , thats quite easy to say if you are living in Chiang Rai and the war wont effect you .

Would you be as willing to go to war , if a Russian nuclear bomb would get dropped on Chiang Rai ?

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I compared Putin to Hitler in terms of the effectiveness of appeasement. You do like to distort or extend what what other posters say, don't you?

There are numerous other World leaders who you could have compared Putin to, World leaders where dialogue  has led to a resolvent of problems .

People who compare Putin to Hitler are making the suggestion that Putin has similar ideologies and intentions to Hitler 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Putin invaded a sovereign nation.

Putin denies the existence of Ukrainian identity and nationhood.

Putin is genocidal towards the Ukrainian people.

Close enough.

Ukraine wanted to be free from its former Associates Russia/USSR , just like the U.K wanted to be free from its former Associates , the E.U .

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Ukraine wanted to be free from its former Associates Russia/USSR , just like the U.K wanted to be free from its former Associates , the E.U .

and now, unlike in Ukraine, most UK citizens think brexit was a mistake. Poll results previously posted.

1 hour ago, Smoothsailing1 said:

Russia is closer to autarky. Western nations have a lot of climate cringe self sabotaged programmed in.

That is childish nonsense.

It's actually on point.

Look into the story of Putin's childhood.

https://robpasick.com/putin-is-a-bully/

Putin Is a Bully

A question that perplexes us all is, how do we deal with a bully? While this is a challenge we have all had to deal with multiple times, today the question is monumental: how do we deal with the bully from Russia?

• Like 1