Tourism sector expected to recover in 2022: Ministry of Tourism and Sports

webfact

Just now, Geoffggi said:

Oh yes, and when is this scheduled event due to take place or is this another pie in the sky statement ????

It will happen, already cancelled for Thais.

They just seem to like baby steps.....

• Like 2

This is the usual whistling in the dark from an incompetent ministry.  As for the CCSA it is about time the medics were put back in their cage and returned to doing what they are trained for. What they are not is a lifestyle enforcer. As for a recovery of tourism, an eyelid flicker from a comatose patient is an improvement, and right now vast swathes of the tourism infrastructure are comatose but hasn't ever been afforded life support so any recovery is far from guaranteed and a long way off. 

• Like 1

wonder how that will happen.... already middle of 2022 and still "expecting", "hoping", "wishing" for some magic out of the hat recovery but so far nothing concrete is happening

• Like 2

Which joker(pun intended)  is going to go somewhere for their summer hols for a tan & fun - where they have to wear a mask on the beach and walking outside?

They'll come back with a nice tan and white mask around their mouths - they'd be a laughing stock  ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Too late for 2022...if you want to save 2023, get rid of TP and scam insurance today.

I disagree, they still have a shot at having a large number of tourists during 2022's high season. But I agree they need to get rid of Thai pass and mandatory masks if they want it to happen.

• Like 1

So the Chinese are still basically locked down within China and cant travel.

Most Russian airlines won't fly outside of Russia, since most of their aircraft are leased and would be seized as soon as they landed.

For the Western market, I think apart from returning expats and the diehard sexpats, that's minimal at best given all the press and social media coverage.

So we're back to the Indian's, God Bless those 9.9M Indians actively booking their tickets

What's the idea of the covid insurance anyway? Do they have a paranoia that the foreigner will get covid and run up big hospital bills then run away? If I went out of Thailand now, and want to come back a few weeks later I must get this damn covid insurance. But I've already had covid, I got it here a month ago, and I didn't go anywhere near a Thai hospital. Just stayed home and took Panadol for a week until I turned neg again. 

• Like 1