Arrested foreigners uncooperative with Phuket police after Russian woman dies in balcony fall

webfact

I wonder if it has occurred to the police to do a DNA test on the hair.......some may laugh......but they didn't do a DNA in the recent case of the grandfather accused of impregnating his 14 year old granddaughter.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

while trying to board a flight home to Jordan

Yo Bro, you got some hair in your hand?  Oh, I see, someone dies and it's off to the airport.

I'm not saying guilty, but if someone dies and you are at the scene....well, going to the airport soon thereafter isn't a good look.  

What would I do?  I guess my embassy.   or my submarine after donning my invisible cloak.  

2 hours ago, riverhigh said:

Found dead clutching human hair. Looks like a fight took place before she allegedly fell off the balcony, Me thinks homicide involving drugs. Looking at her rough face complexion, it looks like she is no stranger to drugs. Suspects not co-operative. No real suprise, since when have drug addicts been co-operative. 

Another crime solved by online slueth.......yawn

1 hour ago, itsari said:

Refusing to talk in many countries is a admission of guilt .

Refusal to talk is usually recognized by investigators as a likelihood of guilt. But the case still has to proved in a court of law.

From the full story: (which many people don't seem to bother reading)

'It is also being reported that the three foreigners involved, led by the Russian woman Natalia Kosenkova, are refusing to answer questions from police and are demanding access to diplomatic representatives before co-operating any further with the investigation.

Police officials have accepted this request as a matter of international law and human rights but are determined nonetheless to pursue their enquiries into the death'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Chuck them all in the click, few days or weeks of a Thai prison and unless its mob related they will be singing like canaries !

One of them will crack in the the coming days and weeks,I will bet on that...

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tandor said:

..if she pulled out hair; chances are she has skin scrapings under her nails; and the perpetrator scratches..a Court Warrant will give them the authority to detain, examine and take what samples they need for forensic analysis. 

No sh*t Sherlock ????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, itsari said:

Refusing to talk in many countries is a admission of guilt .

It may lead to the coppers assuming guilt but in no way is it ever an admission of guilt. There is also in most countries a police caution, when charged, which actually warns you that anything you say may be taken down and used as evidence against you. Glad you're not my lawyer!

Edited by bradiston
  • Like 2

We really do not need police investigators, do we? Sherlock Holmes, Inespectors Morse & Clouseau & Bergerac are all here on AseanNow!

I can bet that not one of those posting their expert opinions were there at the scene.

And it seems wrong that specific details of the case have been leaked to the media.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2long said:

We really do not need police investigators, do we? Sherlock Holmes, Inespectors Morse & Clouseau & Bergerac are all here on AseanNow!

I can bet that not one of those posting their expert opinions were there at the scene.

And it seems wrong that specific details of the case have been leaked to the media.

If they were at the scene wouldn't they be the ones currently under "care" of the RTP ? so possibly they are not able to log in to ASEAN currently and respond to your question ????

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, 2long said:

Absolute rubbish..........Bergerac was a Sergeant!

Sorry ????, (I agree with everything else)

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Well done the police for catching the guy before he escaped.

That's a very interesting point. How did they identify this guy? From hotel records? Was he checked into that room? What about the other 2 suspects? They were apprehended at the scene. Doesn't sound like they attempted to run. How did they track him to the airport? An APB, whatever that is? Many unanswered questions. This one could run and run.

Edited by bradiston

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Such powers of speculation and  deductions about her complexion from a dreadful photograph, drug addicts, no evidence, cannabis users probably. Smoking dope does not make one an addict as drinking alcohol does not makeone an alcoholic

Peaceful, loving cannabis dope smokers, I doubt it. Grabbing hair and fighting on the balcony, more like your typical crackheads. Add the fact that no one could be found at the scene of the crime indicates that our "Peaceful, loving cannabis dope smokers" had done a runner, and for good reason!!

15 minutes ago, riverhigh said:

Peaceful, loving cannabis dope smokers, I doubt it. Grabbing hair and fighting on the balcony, more like your typical crackheads. Add the fact that no one could be found at the scene of the crime indicates that our "Peaceful, loving cannabis dope smokers" had done a runner, and for good reason!!

Neither crack nor fighting have been mention, yes hair in her hand, how it was there we do not know for sure,  however I am not an investigator nor a speculator, I like evidence. Yes they were not there however none of us know why or how this occurred, or how we react in similar circumstances. Facts I have found are better than speculation 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, bradiston said:

It may lead to the coppers assuming guilt but in no way is it ever an admission of guilt. There is also in most countries a police caution, when charged, which actually warns you that anything you say may be taken down and used as evidence against you. Glad you're not my lawyer!

I am glad not to represent you .

You are wrong . Simple 

The IRA members arrested years ago would refuse to talk .

That instigated a change in UK law .

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Refusal to talk is usually recognized by investigators as a likelihood of guilt. But the case still has to proved in a court of law.

From the full story: (which many people don't seem to bother reading)

'It is also being reported that the three foreigners involved, led by the Russian woman Natalia Kosenkova, are refusing to answer questions from police and are demanding access to diplomatic representatives before co-operating any further with the investigation.

Police officials have accepted this request as a matter of international law and human rights but are determined nonetheless to pursue their enquiries into the death'.

The courts can prove you guilty if you remain silent . 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, rwill said:

If she has someones hair in her hand and it is not hers you can at least rule out suicide.

Perhaps as she "fell" he leaned out to grab here and she grabbed his hair?? We can only speculate. Always surprises me how death occur here from balconies , yes many do have lower (than I am used to safety rails) , but being taller than some locals unsure of the building regs also

Just now, itsari said:

The courts can prove you guilty if you remain silent . 

No they can't. Not on the basis of silence. If they are able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you are guilty, it hardly matters if you talk or not, but the case still has to be made, method, motive and means. Sure, some go to the grave and never confess. But people aren't convicted on the basis they refused to talk. On the basis of a beyond reasonable doubt verdict, maybe. And just to point out, there are no jury trials in Thailand. And take a look at the 5th amendment in the USA. Does taking it immediately imply guilt?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Which countries have that written into their legal constitution? 
I’m struggling to think of any of note.

UK , USA . Must be more with out taking time 

If you are struggling to think , look up the case of Genovevo Salinas for a US Supreme court decision 

The UK made law changes to put a stop to the IRA members when arrested to remain silent . 

3 hours ago, riverhigh said:

Found dead clutching human hair. Looks like a fight took place before she allegedly fell off the balcony, Me thinks homicide involving drugs. Looking at her rough face complexion, it looks like she is no stranger to drugs. Suspects not co-operative. No real suprise, since when have drug addicts been co-operative. 

Little good Thai Immigration spent $$$ on catching foreign criminals entering the country.

3 minutes ago, bradiston said:

No they can't. Not on the basis of silence. If they are able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you are guilty, it hardly matters if you talk or not, but the case still has to be made, method, motive and means. Sure, some go to the grave and never confess. But people aren't convicted on the basis they refused to talk. On the basis of a beyond reasonable doubt verdict, maybe. And just to point out, there are no jury trials in Thailand. And take a look at the 5th amendment in the USA. Does taking it immediately imply guilt?

The US supreme court says something different concerning the 5th amendment .