Court to Cancel Most Cannabis-related Cases After New Law

webfact

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Illegal in the same sense as not wearing a mc helmet, prostitution, and selling booze out of hours IMHO. 200bht fine, cash in their hand as usual. 

I sure hope the days of the franchisees extracting 100,000 baht "fines" are over. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, thaichina said:

Despite all you can read from Thai bashing posters, weed will be legal on 9, you will be able to grow ANY plant you want, and as long as you don t disturb anyone, you will be able to use it the way you want.

Seriously.......???

So I will be able to grow full strength cannabis and smoke it?......Not that I have a clue how to do that.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Haha 1

This is sending out very mixed messages.

Do not smoke/take/grow anything with a higher potency of more than 0.2% THC because this is highly illegal but you won’t get prosecuted.

You may be arrested but then you will be released without charge and the policemen that were doing their job in arresting you will be reprimanded and transferred to an inactive position.

This whole fiasco is becoming reminiscent of the communications/actions that led to the collapse of the Berlin Wall.

There are things now being said and done which will be difficult or impossible to recant, Pandora’s Box no longer has a lid on it.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Gilligan In Drag said:

I would appreciate any links that people have to articles that give them the idea ganja or "cannabis" will be completely  legalized. They are going to release prisoners on cannabis charges, ok, that doesn't mean they will stop arresting and imprisoning more people on cannabis charges. They release all kinds of criminals from Thai prisons from time to time, it doesn't mean there are no longer criminal charges for whatever crime. Then June 9th there is something else which tey seem to be trying to get people to conflate, that is, hemp will be legalized, not cannabis as the Thai government is confusingly calling it. If psychoactive Cannabis sativa/indica/ruderalis is still illegal, cannabis is not legal, however hemp would be.

Seems clear to me as well from what I've read over the last 9 months or so, you need to get approved "cannabis" seeds from the government if you are going to grow it, and that its a strain which produces almost no THC, ie its hemp not cannabis.  Fine distinctions and clarity are a nuisance to many in Thai society, including the government. So of course they want to come out all magnanimous sounding and try and gain face for themselves by just being glib and loose with the truth and say, "Yeah, cannabis is legal on June 9." And scrutize that any further and your just some kind of smart ass trouble maker.  So yeah, good, hallelujah, they are going to stop being insane about banning hemp which they shouldn't, it could obviously be a new source of income for many as a source of fibre, oils, food and whatever else hemp has been used for, it was once and can be a valuable crop apart from its pharmaceutical attributes.

As the article says in rathe semi-nonsensical English:

"The production, import, export, distribution, consumption and possession of cannabis — with the exception of psychoactive substances — will be formally legalized on June 9 when an announcement issued by the Ministry of Public Health and published in the Royal Gazette on February 9 takes effect." I take this to mean that "cannabis" which is pyschoactive will continue to be illegal. I would go out on a limb here and guess using the word "cannabis" is deliberate, it confuses the issue between pyschoactive and non-psychoactive which they would like to exploit going forward. Politicians and tourist boards would like to proclaim that they have legalized cannabis when they have done no such thing. The distinction could be made clear in English by using the word hemp for non-psychoactive varieties of the plant used for rope, food, fiber, oils etc and "cannabis" for psychoactive varieties. But no doubt that want to use the language their way and say Cannbis the psychoactive substance and cannabis the non-psychoactive substance and of course non-psychoactive and psychoactive just gets swept under the carpet and cannbis is use to mean both. Nice and unclear, vague and confusing like the Thai government always likes it, so they look down their noses and chuckle, "Oh you are so confused! Hehehe! OK, only 1 year in the hoosegow because you are so confused."

Also, as far as I understand it, THC is not the only psychoactive component of cannabis. Isn't it that CBD is supposed to help with reducing anxiety levels? Of course we can't expect these people to be bothered with any of these distinctions, its so unbecoming to get into details, they don't play that here.

For the linhk, I can not post this here but you can for exemple go on c.c.n.t bangkok, they just published an article about that.

You don t need approved seeds from the government, people can grow whatever they like and how many they like, high in THC or not, that is a fact. I don t know where you got that from.

What seems pretty clear for you is not correct, people can smoke weed in their home just not in public at the moment, and you can get just a warning first, no fine.

I can see again someone who spends more time trying to bash the government than understanding what is really happening.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, thaichina said:

You are so obsessed by criticicizing whatever Anutin is doing mo matter what.

This is a very good decision, I don t care about him, but that is really weel done.

Despite all you can read from Thai bashing posters, weed will be legal on 9, you will be able to grow ANY plant you want, and as long as you don t disturb anyone, you will be able to use it the way you want. Even if you hate Anutin, he s delivering on his promise. that s great for Thailand!

I think you get it wrong.

First you must register before you grow. Then max 6 planes. You can only grow plants with max 0,2 THC Level.

To grow and use plants with higher THC level will be still illegal.

What might come from the public prosecutor's side is not yet clear. It indicates that the process may be discontinued in the case of small amounts for self-consumption. But cannabis with more than 0.2 THC remains in drug class 5

Edited by tomacht8
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, thaichina said:

I can see again someone who spends more time trying to bash the government than understanding what is really happening.

I asked for information about this, and you won't provide them c.n.n.t Thailand is not a link to a specific article or website as far as I know. I'm clearly interested in clarifying the issue, not slagging off the government. If its truely going to be legal you can show me the links but you are too busy I guess defending your government for whom there is no defense on this issue. They are purposefully trying to confuse people and in paricular tourists and foreigners.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, vepope said:

only for people who understand nothing about this country.

What a pity that you are unable to understand a very clear post.

I would try to explain it to you but I have neither the time nor the crayons.

Do yourself a favour and shut up now before you make yourself look a bigger fool than you already have.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

What a pity that you are unable to understand a very clear post.

I would try to explain it to you but I have neither the time nor the crayons.

Do yourself a favour and shut up now before you make yourself look a bigger fool than you already have.

Pot (555) Kettle Black

It's you that is unclear on the details...  How many times do people need to see the word "extract" ( I think I saw somewhere the Thai word "san sakaat") before they grasp the meaning,,,

At this point in time, no derivatives.  Oil, wax, etc..

In no way does cutting down a plant, hanging it to dry, and cutting off the flowers result in an "extract"!

• Haha 1

Does the mean the thousands upon thousands who are current serving prison terms on petty ganga charges will be released?

I have a friend who was busted for possession of a fairly significant amount of ganja on Samui many years ago. He was asked by the police at the time if he could come up with 1 million baht, and if so they would just let him go. And if not he would be charged. He was not able to come up with the money, he was charged, and he spent two years in the Samui prison. I visited him there several times. The conditions were absolutely atrocious, about 60 men in a large room with no air conditioning, sleeping on the floor, with not enough room to lay your arms by your side when you slept. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Haha 2

On 6/6/2022 at 11:31 AM, thaichina said:

Despite all you can read from Thai bashing posters, weed will be legal on 9, you will be able to grow ANY plant you want, and as long as you don t disturb anyone, you will be able to use it the way you want. Even if you hate Anutin, he s delivering on his promise. that s great for Thailand!

As long as the THC is less than 0.02%, or is it 0.2%?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Does the mean the thousands upon thousands who are current serving prison terms on petty ganga charges will be released?

(ancient history and scare propaganda removed)

Spidey Spidey...does this mean that you don't even read the headers of the posts you respond to?

i'm giving you a pass on the ganga.. anybody can misspell a word when they are rushing to get the propaganda to press..

• Haha 1