Foreigner in serious condition after crashing big racing bike on corner in Pattaya area

webfact

Just now, billd766 said:

I am 78 with no regular god and I managed that by my self.

Good to hear that you, like myself, have kept yourself safe all those years through safe driving/riding rather than believing in fairy tales. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is it me or Thai wrong again with the reporting completely wrong. I see two photos of a bike accident the article specify the location none seem to be right nor is the spelling of the road correct! 

Picture of a white bike then one of blue in different locations.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Is it me or Thai wrong again with the reporting completely wrong. I see two photos of a bike accident the article specify the location none seem to be right nor is the spelling of the road correct! 

Picture of a white bike then one of blue in different locations.

It's you.  The first picture shows the underside of the bike, the second is taken in the opposite direction and shows the top of the bike. You can clearly see the blue fuel tank (circled) in the first picture.

image.png.9aa3ff1763bd85562bd5c5bcce5d8d31.png

Edited by ballpoint
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Slicks are for off road, i.e. the track, and yes agree that they are for the dry conditions, that said, if you ride with them on public roads, you are asking for trouble, all it takes is a little drizzle and you have no grip and down you goes which could be the case here.

It’s the rainy season 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Expect a hammering Mr Hammer2021 with this rediculous comment. 

I've been an owner of motorbikes above 1000cc for decades, I've owned a 3 bikes over 1000cc here in Pattaya. 

You see no reason but us bikers outnumber your reasons. 

People should be allowed to use them in designated  tracks but NOT on public  roads. Theybare suitable  for long  distance road trips but big bikes are an outdated form of transport, they are dangerous, they should not be classed as a holiday  or recreational vehicle and there is no reason  for them on public  highways.

29 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

It's you.  The first picture shows the underside of the bike, the second is taken in the opposite direction and shows the top of the bike. You can clearly see the blue fuel tank (circled) in the first picture.

image.png.9aa3ff1763bd85562bd5c5bcce5d8d31.png

I'm not completely convinced one I looking at the muffler one photo shows  metal ties the other dont. As you noted it does lok like because both show the front fork and wheel missing

.But here is the catch? I live out that way the photos are in two dfferent location from all indicate the photo of the blue with the guy standng over the bike is no where even close to where the ambulance and all the diretion signs?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I'm not completely convinced one I looking at the muffler one photo shows  metal ties the other dont. As you noted it does lok like because both show the front fork and wheel missing

.But here is the catch? I live out that way the photos are in two dfferent location from all indicate the photo of the blue with the guy standng over the bike is no where even close to where the ambulance and all the diretion signs?

I too know the area, and it happened right here:

image.png.f299f0a448ee0c2c446c794734c410c0.png

Looking in the direction of the first picture:

image.png.3a9d54b3fe4aa189312cd8792d78d005.png

Looking in the opposite direction (the second picture):

image.png.18d1a1dabdd57ecee9fe6dfaf34d5957.png

The two photos are clearly the same bike.  Same blue wheels, same damaged front forks with missing wheel, same join in the concrete road near the yellow line, and, as Moonlover stated, same fuel spill pattern.

Edited by ballpoint
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jimbo53 said:

I read these posts and all i see are comments about the bike and tyres etc,no concern about the rider,a very sad and cynical bunch.

Get well soon young.man ????

I often see RIP's on some stories when people die but we don't know who they are, their history, they could be a mass murderer, pedo, psycho.

Same with a get well soon for someone we don't know. ????

Feel free to post your 'get wells/RIP' but it's not for me. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yeah, I always stop and change mine when it starts to rain, or the sun comes out!

Watching the TT over the past couple of days they can do that in about 2 minutes, including re-fill and a new visor.

Are you that quick as well???

????????

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

Watching the TT over the past couple of days they can do that in about 2 minutes, including re-fill and a new visor.

Are you that quick as well???

????????

Ah the IOM TT is on is it.... great watch.

You can see me riding around Pattaya with 2 spare tyres slung over my back...  sadly I am not so fast and by the time I get to the second wheel, it has stopped raining!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Sounds like a young tourist with inadequate motorbike cornering skills, brake control etc. If that’s a rental bike, will the shop come after him for compensation?

If it is indeed a rental bike, he is liable for the cost of replacement. The owner likely only has the compulsory insurance (CTPL), which covers limited 3rd party liability. These bikes can be rented all over town but I do not know if they restrict to whom. At least should have a full M/C licence, and in my mind be over 21. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, vandeventer said:

2 wheels are a lot more fun if you know how to ride!!!

That is true...however...the rule of thumb for riding in LOS is its not IF you have a prang but WHEN....sadly.

Edited by wombat

16 hours ago, hotchilli said:

A holiday blast he won't forget.. hope the insurance pays up.

Not me, racing the bike to get a thrill and he expects someone else to pay? Nope, all out of his pocket please. It wasn't an accident, it was a folly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo53 said:

I read these posts and all i see are comments about the bike and tyres etc,no concern about the rider,a very sad and cynical bunch.

Get well soon young.man ????

Perhaps some comments are sad and cynical to someone who condones riding a bike with bald tyres, or perhaps do it themselves, but  to those of us with more common sense it is utter foolishness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Ah the IOM TT is on is it.... great watch.

You can see me riding around Pattaya with 2 spare tyres slung over my back...  sadly I am not so fast and by the time I get to the second wheel, it has stopped raining!

Unfortunately had two deaths so far, as of yesterday. One on the bikes and one on the sidecar events.

Haven't seen todays news yet.

I'm watching things a day behind on uk tv.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Moonlover said:

O course it's the same bike lying on the same bit of road. Look at its position relative to the yellow line. Look at the position of the yellow line relative to join in the road surface. Look at the shape of the fuel stain. Even that matches. Compare these 3 details and you'll see that everything matches.

And one final question. Why fake it?

why get so hot?  I already responded looking at the photos again and agree it looks like the bike but my final question first picture location with the ambulances and all the road signs behind the ambulance I expanded the photos compare it with the other location. I live at the Lake these two photos unless you can produce a wider angle are two different locations.

Is there anything in my posting that said " fake "  Thai Rai does a poor job of reporting in the past!  They can't even spell the Soi correctly? Several weeks ago a Russian women was brutally attacked it was written it happened pretty much on that side of the Lake when the CCTV produced show it happen on the otherside!

I had a legit question the real response is to produce evidence which I got below your comment!

Edited by thailand49

11 hours ago, ballpoint said:

I too know the area, and it happened right here:

image.png.f299f0a448ee0c2c446c794734c410c0.png

Looking in the direction of the first picture:

image.png.3a9d54b3fe4aa189312cd8792d78d005.png

Looking in the opposite direction (the second picture):

image.png.18d1a1dabdd57ecee9fe6dfaf34d5957.png

The two photos are clearly the same bike.  Same blue wheels, same damaged front forks with missing wheel, same join in the concrete road near the yellow line, and, as Moonlover stated, same fuel spill pattern.

Thanks, for taking the time for the clarification you know what they say picture speaks a thousand words no need to convince me any further unlike another person comments!

24 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

why get so hot?  I already responded looking at the photos again and agree it looks like the bike but my final question first picture location with the ambulances and all the road signs behind the ambulance I expanded the photos compare it with the other location. I live at the Lake these two photos unless you can produce a wider angle are two different locations.

Is there anything in my posting that said " fake "  Thai Rai does a poor job of reporting in the past!  They can't even spell the Soi correctly? Several weeks ago a Russian women was brutally attacked it was written it happened pretty much on that side of the Lake when the CCTV produced show it happen on the otherside!

I had a legit question the real response is to produce evidence which I got below your comment!

Me, getting hot? All I did was point out the clues that you so obviously missed. Is that getting hot? Wow!

Have a nice day.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If it is indeed a rental bike, he is liable for the cost of replacement. The owner likely only has the compulsory insurance (CTPL), which covers limited 3rd party liability. These bikes can be rented all over town but I do not know if they restrict to whom. At least should have a full M/C licence, and in my mind be over 21. 

If it is a rental bike then rental company deserve to get it back in bits for allowing it to be taken out with a completely worn rear tyre. Disgraceful service.

• Like 1