Ukraine war: Britons Aiden Aslin and Shaun Pinner sentenced to death

webfact

image.jpeg

Aiden Aslin (left) and Shaun Pinner (centre) were sentenced alongside Moroccan national Brahim Saaudun//Image: Reuters

Two Britons and a Moroccan who were captured while fighting for Ukraine have been sentenced to death by a Russian proxy court in eastern Ukraine.

Britons Aiden Aslin and Shaun Pinner, and Brahim Saaudun are accused of being mercenaries, Russian state media says.

The court, which is not internationally recognised, is in the pro-Russian so-called Donetsk People's Republic.

Full story: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61745556

BBC.jpg

-- © Copyright BBC 2022-06-10

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The court, which is not internationally recognised

Ok! And, what are the rest of the world going to do about that? As usual, stand by quiet and let the madness continue.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok! And, what are the rest of the world going to do about that? As usual, stand by quiet and let the madness continue.

totally agree .... NATO, Germany's Scholz and the EU are all  p_ss and wind .  All they ever do is talk, talk, talk....    never any action.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

The danger of propaganda. I doubt these 2 know the first thing about the Ukraine, it's history, Zelenskyy, his Panama paper scandal, the political and human rights environment in the Ukraine. Just no idea at all, and got all worked up about narratives in the news and media. I must admit, heading off to fight the good fight in the Ukraine against big bad Russia is the mother of all virtue signals. I'll bet they got sooo many likes on their facebook page. Wonderful. They deserve their sentence for stupidity alone.

They have both lived in Ukraine for the last 4 or 5 years, one is engaged to a local girl.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

words fail me .... hence no comment .... 

Here here! ... yeah when one reads stuff like this its pretty monumentally clear ...

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Ok let me correct you. 

Aiden Aslin is dual nationality, British/Ukraine who also happens to be married to a Ukraine. He joined the regular Ukraine military in 2018.

Shaun Pinner is also married to a Ukraine and had lived in Ukraine for 4 years.

Of course you can choose to believe an unrecognized kangaroo court run by a separatist movement and its propaganda machine. Why does that not surprise me...........

Here's Aiden joining up in 2018

Aiden Aslin

Well said mate???? Thank you for posting the reality of these men's lives ???????? I only hope if they are murdered that they give the firing squad the finger and shout loudly viva Ukraine! 

I ONLY HOPE 

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

In my view as Pres. Putin said he would flatten the UK with one nuclear bomb, anything with 'UK stamped' on it is going to get the full treatment. Russia is sending the message that there is no 'life imprisonment' for non-Ukrainian soldiers. If they don't die in battle a Russian court will remedy that.

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Guilty of fighting for the country that they reside in ?

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 2

Sometimes you have to bear the consequences of your actions. Sad but true. 

Aiden sound like a serial mercenary....two tours of duty in Syria and now these in Ukraine....sounds like there is no war he doesn't want to be a part of. Frankly, the world would benefit from having less warmongers.

He isn't going to be executed though,....he'll be swapped for some Russian assets frozen by the UK. The situation would have been easier but for the stupid verbal diarrhoea from gob<deleted>e Liz Truss.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Aiden sound like a serial mercenary....two tours of duty in Syria and now these in Ukraine....sounds like there is no war he doesn't want to be a part of. Frankly, the world would benefit from having less warmongers.

He isn't going to be executed though,....he'll be swapped for some Russian assets frozen by the UK. The situation would have been easier but for the stupid verbal diarrhoea from gob<deleted>e Liz Truss.

So according to you if you do tours of duties with the armed forces from the country you reside in then your a mercenary?.

So people, like myself, who have done multipul tours of duties with our own armed forces are mercenaries?

Remembering many of your previous messages you're very anti west

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Yes I am well aware. I am also very well aware of people that have lived here in Thailand for 10 or 20 years and married to a local lass and can speak enough Thai to order a beer(still needing hand signals and motions mind), wai-ing the Burmese cleaners and have zero understanding of the culture, history and politics.

I found it very disturbing that the same people that were vax mandate zealots to the point of wanting to punch a non vaxed person in the face or send them off to space to another plant, overnight became experts on the Ukraine. How is that even possible? Apart from reading their daily news website and bristling with knowledge and righteousness. So yes, it is dangerous having such propaganda used to create a uniform hatred of something - in this case Russia, which as we know started in about 2016 and hasn't let up since. They don't call it a hivemind for nothing.

If the group-think was along the lines of NATO shouldn't have behaved provocatively, and negotiations must be done by adults, none of this would have started. The art of the deal, and a peaceful world died the death in 2020, and we went back to the schoolyard bully with zero self awareness.

You need to try warming up before you attempt off topic mental gymnastics. There is nothing there relevant to the OP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

What do you call these guys, who are enlisted just as easily into the Russian army?

• 23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Russia
    • The Russian Armed Forces accepts foreigners of any country to their ranks. Under a plan, posted on the ministry's web site in 2010, foreigners without dual citizenship are able to sign up for five-year contracts – and are eligible for Russian citizenship after serving three years. According to the amended law, a citizen of any foreign country aged 18–30 with a good command of Russian and a clean record can sign an initial five-year contract to join the Army.[20][21][22]
    •  
    • List of militaries that recruit foreigners - Wikipedia

What should the Ukraine do if they capture any?

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

The danger of propaganda. I doubt these 2 know the first thing about the Ukraine, it's history, Zelenskyy, his Panama paper scandal, the political and human rights environment in the Ukraine. Just no idea at all, and got all worked up about narratives in the news and media. I must admit, heading off to fight the good fight in the Ukraine against big bad Russia is the mother of all virtue signals. I'll bet they got sooo many likes on their facebook page. Wonderful. They deserve their sentence for stupidity alone.

I can't be bothered responding to an obvious Russian troll, on ignore without further ado.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PeachCH said:

Was there decision to go fighting the Russians. Should know the risks. But unfortunately obviously not. 

But they fight in the Ukraine not in Russia. This is a big different. And this <deleted>ty Russian Republics are not legal countries.

• Like 1