Jan. 6 committee says probe shows Trump led and directed effort to overturn 2020 election

onthedarkside

17 minutes ago, g man said:

The J6

Her testimony is an act of desperation.

Cassidy Hutchinson testified that “she was told” that as then-President Donald Trump was being driven back to the White House after the Jan. 6 rally that he demanded to be taken to the Capitol and tried to grab the steering wheel from a Secret Service agent.

Now, there were several problems with this story, as we noted, including that she didn’t see any of this herself; this is what she supposedly heard from an agent. So basically, she was repeating gossip, even if you assume she was telling the truth. But it was hearsay, and it was odd that they were having her testify to it and not the SS agents.

I know why, because  “Sources close to the Secret Service and one of the individuals named by Cassidy Hutchinson told NBC News that the head of Trump's security detail and the vehicle's driver were prepared to dispute that account under oath”.

Interestingly, notice how what the Committee says differs from what Hutchinson said in her hearsay testimony.
She said the agent said this happened in The Beast. Now they’re claiming Trump was in a Surburban. So, which is it?
Whoops. Looks like their stories are not straight, they don't jive, and that tends to blow apart the rest of the story.

You don't let Cassidy Hutchinson testify if you're winning. Democrats are screwed -- and they know it.

If it's not true, it's too bad, because I had a good laugh at the idea of Trump attempting to grab the steering wheel! ????

However, even these picturesque elements are not confirmed, it remains that Trump showed his will to go to the Capitol, and that's the most important for the investigation. 

From the article you linked:

"The source said the two men do not deny that Trump was angry and wanted to go to the Capitol on Jan. 6 — but, the source said, he did not become physical inside the SUV."

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, candide said:

However:

- some of it is already corroborated by written evidence (ex. messages)

- the Committee (and the DOJ) now know exactly which other persons to interview, in order to corroborate her testimony. Of course, Trump's closest allies will refuse to testify or will take the fifth, but I guess people like Pat Cipollone will be ready to testify.

So it is likely that not 100% of her testimony will be corroborated, but a large part will be.

Why would ANYONE permit hearsay evidence from a questionable witness if the secret service involved in this "assault on the agents" could have been subpoenaed to give proper 1st hand evidence and account of the alleged incident in the Beast or Suburban and take all the unknowns out of the equation. This is telling and impactful on the committee's waning credibility IMO.

J6 is obviously in trouble with their evidence on this issue and seem to be grasping now.

Edited by g man
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, g man said:

Why would ANYONE permit hearsay evidence from a questionable witness if the secret service involved in this "assault on the agents" could have been subpoenaed to give proper 1st hand evidence and account of the alleged incident in the Beast or Suburban and take all the unknowns out of the equation. This is telling.

J6 is obviously in trouble with their evidence on this issue and seem to be grasping now.

You don't (try to) get it! Hearsay means "X told me that". By making further interviews of X, it will be easy to confirm it. After that, it is not hearsay any more.

As about the alleged incident, this is just the juicy part of it. From your source, the two agents are also ready to testify that Trump was angry and wanted to go to the Capitol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, candide said:

From your source, the two agents are also ready to testify that Trump was angry and wanted to go to the Capitol.

So what if Trump is angry, it means nothing.

The agents will testify and will show Hutchison's hearsay testimony is bogus. But this is not a court of law with normal rules of evidentiary, but it shows poor judgement by J6 to try tainting the issues with hearsay.

17 minutes ago, g man said:

Why would ANYONE permit hearsay evidence from a questionable witness if the secret service involved in this "assault on the agents" could have been subpoenaed to give proper 1st hand evidence and account of the alleged incident in the Beast or Suburban and take all the unknowns out of the equation. This is telling and impactful on the committee's waning credibility IMO.

you should get yourself familiarized with law 

Attorney Gives Rep. Jim Jordan A Scathing Personal Lesson In Hearsay

https://news.yahoo.com/attorney-gives-rep-jim-jordan-040107051.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Lawyer gives Jim Jordan a sharp personal lesson in hearsay

https://nationworldnews.com/lawyer-gives-jim-jordan-a-sharp-personal-lesson-in-hearsay/

Edited by Mavideol

4 minutes ago, g man said:

The agents will testify and will show Hutchison's hearsay testimony is bogus. But this is not a court of law with normal rules of evidentiary, but it shows poor judgement by J6 to try tainting the issues with hearsay.

... he lost and being a bad loser he's having tantrums, worse then a 6 years kid

Temper Tantrums

Tantrums may happen when kids are tired, hungry, or uncomfortable. They can have a meltdown because they can't have something they want (like a toy or candy) or can’t get someone to do what they want (like getting a parent to pay attention to them immediately or getting a sibling to give up the tablet)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, g man said:

Silly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Hmmm.

Since when does the President ride in the front seat, which is where he'd have to be to grab the steering wheel?

if I seat in the back behind the driver and he/she drives erratically, making me uncomfortable, I can easily grab the steering wheel from behind them,  easy peezy... however she didn't say that he was inside the car when trying to grab the steering wheel, did you listen to her explanation? try again 555

15 minutes ago, candide said:

Of course  you conveniently avoid to mention the most important part: Trump wanted to go to the Capitol  and it's corroborated by the same source you cited.

Seems to me, Trump "wanting to go to the Capitol"........... means exactly the opposite........... from what some people seem to think it means. 

A guy who plans and organizes a violent insurrection........... doesn't suddenly go and put himself in the middle of it.

No, what that person does is watch from afar.

Now, if you said Trump wanted to take Marine 1 and hover over the crowd in his helicopter, watching............ THAT I might find believable! Lol

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I'm calling it.

Trump's political career is now officially over.

The republicans won't nominate him now because he's too much damaged goods with no chance of winning solidly with independent voters and more right wing democrats 

Why?

The hearing yesterday.

He's toast.

Mark my words.

Doesn't matter now whether or not he's convicted of a crime.

Of course nothing matters to Trump's cult of personality people. But they're only 30 percent.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/28/politics/donald-trump-january-6/index.html

Why today's 1/6 hearing was utterly devastating for Donald Trump

Amen to that!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

if I seat in the back behind the driver and he/she drives erratically, making me uncomfortable, I can easily grab the steering wheel from behind them,  easy peezy... however she didn't say that he was inside the car when trying to grab the steering wheel, did you listen to her explanation? try again 555

No, I must confess.......... I've only read what the squak-boxes here have had to say about it.

So........ he tried to grab the steering wheel from OUTSIDE the car? HAHAHAHAHA!

"however she didn't say that he was inside the car when trying to grab the steering wheel.........."

My goodness, that's not just a little less believable............. that's exponentially less believable!

Ah well..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

No, I must confess.......... I've only read what the squak-boxes here have had to say about it.

So........ he tried to grab the steering wheel from OUTSIDE the car? HAHAHAHAHA!

"however she didn't say that he was inside the car when trying to grab the steering wheel.........."

My goodness, that's not just a little less believable............. that's exponentially less believable!

Ah well..........

where did I say he was OUTSIDE the car, please be polite, don't put words in my mouth.......again listen to her testimony, if you do so, trust me,  it all be exponentially believable..... but being a Trump admirer it will be difficult for you to accept, anyway, give it a try   555

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Ah well..........

You probably should watch the testimony. 

• Like 2