Prince Charles told by U.K. leaders to stop meddling in politics amid immigration comment backlash

onthedarkside

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Ah huh…

Just scrolled back to a post  made by  Candide about an hour ago and he  made the claim that there were more Indian/Pakistani immigrants than there are immigrants from the E.U , and I gave him the figures to show that his info was incorrect

12 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Just scrolled back to a post  made by  Candide about an hour ago and he  made the claim that there were more Indian/Pakistani immigrants than there are immigrants from the E.U , and I gave him the figures to show that his info was incorrect

Still at a loss why it matters or why anyone would debate the whys and wherefores of an irrelevancy such as the heritage of any U.K. citizen.  

Edited by Bluespunk
Poor grammar

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You did not read well. I made the point that immigration from former British colonies has been much higher than from the EU. I just mentioned India and Pakistan as example.

According to the ONS, among non-UK born, there were 3.5 million EU born (incl. 415,00 Irish who always benefited from a special regime) and 6 million non-EU born. Country heritage is not considered in these stats.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/bulletins/ukpopulationbycountryofbirthandnationality/2020

@Bluespunk the reason I mentioned it was that I was anticipating the usual EU bashing about it.. And there was no mention of country heritage.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, candide said:

You did not read well. I made the point that immigration from former British colonies has been much higher than from the EU. I just mentioned India and Pakistan as example.

According to the ONS, among non-UK born, there were 3.5 million EU born (incl. 415,00 Irish who always benefited from a special regime) and 6 million non-EU born. Country heritage is not considered in these stats.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/bulletins/ukpopulationbycountryofbirthandnationality/2020

@Bluespunk the reason I mentioned it was that I was anticipating the usual EU bashing about it.. And there was no mention of country heritage.

delete

Edited by Mac Mickmanus

15 minutes ago, candide said:

I really don't want to get into a discussion of where immigrants come from and discussions about whether some people are British or Foreign , as its sounding rather racist , but about 6.3 million E.U Citizens registered for a UK settlement visa in the last few years, which is quite a lot more than Indians/Pakistanis living in the U.K

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I really don't want to get into a discussion of where immigrants come from and discussions about whether some people are British or Foreign , as its sounding rather racist , but about 6.3 million E.U Citizens registered for a UK settlement visa in the last few years, which is quite a lot more than Indians/Pakistanis living in the U.K

I think those citizens you refer to in your final sentence are of British nationality. 

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If they are not in the UK how are they claiming benefits?

Or is your ‘broad negative stereotyped generalization wrt to foreigners from the EU’ getting in the way of you working that out?

I don’t know how they manage to do that. You have to ask one as they are pretty good at it. Haven’t you got a Rumanian mate on speed dial to tell you? 
How many millions went to Poland in child benefit? Great scam - anybody managing to do that for Thai kids?

I often use stereotyping. It saves a lot of time and is usually accurate, or the stereotypical would not be commonplace enough to arise. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Loiner said:

I don’t know how they manage to do that. You have to ask one as they are pretty good at it. Haven’t you got a Rumanian mate on speed dial to tell you? 
How many millions went to Poland in child benefit? Great scam - anybody managing to do that for Thai kids?

I often use stereotyping. It saves a lot of time and is usually accurate, or the stereotypical would not be commonplace enough to arise. 

As do genocidal meglomaniacs. It tends not to work out well for the Human Race, but just as long as you are comfortable, hey, so what?

Edited by baboon
This xxxxing 'Autocorrect'
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, baboon said:

As do genocidal meglomaniacs. It tends not to work out well for the Human Race, but just as long as you are comfortable, hey, so what?

Well that’s a troll post if ever I saw one. How do you get away with it? Give us a clue. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Excel said:

Well perhaps some of their pals who will arrive later may not be so impressed with the hotel conditions in Rwanda . Guess they will be out with their latest iphones telling their pals to give the UK a miss soon. So presumably currently the UK government will have to pay all of the costs of their hotel accommodation in Rwanda once it happens yet to date much of those costs that you highlighted have fallen on the locals by way of council tax increases ?

I don't think you know anything about the accommodation in Rwanda.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bannork said:

A couple of queries regarding this Rwandan policy.

As the government have been talking it up, saying it's a safe place, employment prospects, etc, how is that a deterrent to a prospective migrant to the UK?

Secondly, I believe for every refugee the UK sends, it has to take one back from Rwanda, mainly Congolese I read.

What a farce!

I still think it was put in place chiefly to sow hate and division, the migrants being pawns. 'If they go to Rwanda they go to Rwanda. If they don't, they don't. Who cares?'

Just as long as they get to upset civilised people and have their army of knuckle daggers at the ready to do their bidding.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, bannork said:

it's a safe place, employment prospects, etc, how is that a deterrent to a prospective migrant to the UK?

Because it’s not the UK, the land of plenty, where the streets are paved with our benefits.