Bitcoin going well

14 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Support for dow at 27,000. 

Eth was $4 in 2016. 300x higher for early investors. 

ETH was 65 cents a year earlier. For almost half of 2015. Thought about buying $5,000 worth, at the time. The DOW is in for a huge correction. Could take awhile. A year, two years? But, the Hindenburg will burst. 

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

The most important when investing, is to manage to sleep good in the nights, and not worry to much.

High risk investments had a tendency to disturb my sleep.

Investing in high risk women have that effect to ????

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Adumbration said:

And the central banks of the world will accelerate hyperinflation because inflating away the obscene levels of debt they have created is their only shot.

I understand why the US hyper-inflation narrative is attractive to crypto currency bulls, and I'm not saying this scenario isn't possible, but keep in mind that defaulting on the national debt or imposing draconian fiscal austerity are also possible solutions.

I also remain deeply skeptical that when push comes to shove major governments will ever allow crypto currencies to compete with fiat currencies on anything other than a strictly peripheral or niche basis, and the regulatory regime crypto will ultimately face has not even been sketched out yet. 

What I'm seeing in the tarot cards is a seismic slashing of US entitlement programs (which constitute 49% of Federal expenditures). This is going to be triggered by sky-rocketing borrowing costs, reduced tax revenues due to a protracted recession/depression, and mushrooming costs for entitlement programs as baby-boomers continue aging. COLA adjustments for entitlement programs will also be very difficult to manage in a persistently high inflation or hyper-inflationary environment. The national debt and deficit are going to become hot-button political issues.

Obviously slashing entitlement programs is the third-rail of American politics, but deliberately trying to inflate the debt away will also cause civil unrest among the lower and middle classes (who will suffer the most from hyper-inflation). The US government will also encounter difficulties finding overseas lenders to lend to the US if the currency is being debased deliberately. I think the US is going to find it increasingly difficult to borrow to finance the US deficit and debt because of capital liquidity problems around the globe, geopolitical tensions, and de-globalization making it not as necessary or attractive for China to lend to the US in order to keep Chinese exports flowing.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I understand why the US hyper-inflation narrative is attractive to crypto currency bulls, and I'm not saying this scenario isn't possible, but keep in mind that defaulting on the national debt or imposing draconian fiscal austerity are also possible solutions.

I also remain deeply skeptical that when push comes to shove major governments will ever allow crypto currencies to compete with fiat currencies on anything other than a strictly peripheral or niche basis, and the regulatory regime crypto will ultimately face has not even been sketched out yet. 

What I'm seeing in the tarot cards is a seismic slashing of US entitlement programs (which constitute 49% of Federal expenditures). This is going to be triggered by sky-rocketing borrowing costs, reduced tax revenues due to a protracted recession/depression, and mushrooming costs for entitlement programs as baby-boomers continue aging. COLA adjustments for entitlement programs will also be very difficult to manage in a persistently high inflation or hyper-inflationary environment. The national debt and deficit are going to become hot-button political issues.

Obviously slashing entitlement programs is the third-rail of American politics, but deliberately trying to inflate the debt away will also cause civil unrest among the lower and middle classes (who will suffer the most from hyper-inflation). The US government will also encounter difficulties finding overseas lenders to lend to the US if the currency is being debased deliberately. I think the US is going to find it increasingly difficult to borrow to finance the US deficit and debt because of capital liquidity problems around the globe, geopolitical tensions, and de-globalization making it not as necessary or attractive for China to lend to the US in order to keep Chinese exports flowing.

Crypto 10x or 20x the risk of shares. Therefore you risk less.

• Confused 1

BTC gives high rewards as it is volatile but actually not really if you understand the 4 year cycles. 

I bought some this morning and buying more if it goes below $20k. 

The comments here are exactly like they were in 2018. 

Too many think they can buy BTC and become instantly rich.  Time in the market is more important than timing the market. 

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

BTC gives high rewards as it is volatile but actually not really if you understand the 4 year cycles. 

Too many think they can buy BTC and become instantly rich.  Time in the market is more important than timing the market. 

Are there 4 year cycles in other things?

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I don't even buy green bananas, and a 4-year cycle is akin to a Kitchin cycle, which was apparently discovered on pork pricing. There does seem to be a similarity in the two commodities, both are perishables.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't even buy green bananas, and a 4-year cycle is akin to a Kitchin cycle, which was apparently discovered on pork pricing. There does seem to be a similarity in the two commodities, both are perishables.

Sorry, I have no idea why you replied to me and what you are on about.

51 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

how much have you lost? going for the double down?

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

how much have you lost? going for the double down?

What do you mean 'lost'?

Ctypto has been very good to me and I don't see why a consolidation is going to change that. Educate yourself.

I started buying BTC when it was 80,000 baht. 

I bought my DOT at $4.

I bought my EGLD at $20. 

I took profits when they peaked, like anyone who understands crypto did. 

Even the newbies who bought BTC at $68k haven't lost. 

I know people who bought BTC at 19k in 2017 and some said they had lost. They just held and it went to 69k

24 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Sorry, I have no idea why you replied to me and what you are on about.

I'm on about crypto being possibly suitable for young gamblers, not septagenarians. Calling it an investment is a bridge too far. I'm also on about fitting facts to suit a hypothesis, when it should be vice versa.

104 ema on weekly chart good guide for stocks. 2 year average. Buy quality near the avg.

Btc is a bit different. The elder bull power and obv are pretty goos guides.

5 yr chart still bearish. Looks like 6 months of rate hikes. Id avoid buying anything until clear buy signal.