A new 90 day requirement?

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

we sometimes donate mangos or limes

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I don't roam far from home these days

So putting those two together is the "we" in your post  yourself and your carer ?  ????

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yes. More than a decade. I have filled a lot during the first years.

Seasoned members will know how many decades it exists.

It's just that the need for filling the form has vanished at many offices.

Online reporting fortunately working for me.

I recall they also wanted a photo similar to the passport one. I DO remember bringing both the form and the photo for the 90 day reporting just to be pleasantly surprised that neither were required.

5 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Just give online a try. If it works...in the future go shopping MINUS the "convenient" immigration hassle. I can see Jomtien Immigration out my window. 5 minute walk. Only PP needed and don't even go inside as there's an outdoor collection area where a gal takes PP in and delivers back shortly. All very convenient, but why? No thanks. New online system works great for many/most and will even auto-fill all your info after initial approval. ????

same for me.....2 kms away from soi 5 just go hand p/p to lady wait less than 5 mins.....JOB DONE !!!!

3 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

At Jomtien IO, Pattaya,  the form is only required if its your first report after arriving back in Thailand, or its a very first report, from then on its just your passport and receipt from the last report.

Just done my 90 day 12 day early  at jomtien immigration because this alarming post and this is my  very last one before in 2 months leaving Thailand..... i don't risk any hassle as in 8 years ret, ext. never asked about any doc. when doing so , more....  i never had a Tm30 slip and never being asked for it , also not when extending ...... "good old no hassle Jomtien .Immigr. ????"

So i confirm still Jomtien immgr. only need your passport to do your 90 days reporting 

Edited by david555

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

No big deal to spend two minutes every three months filling it in. I just wondered if it was new. The answer is no and yes. So wonderfully Thai. Not new in some offices, new in others.

It's even less of a deal if one fills out everything on the form, while leaving the date blank. Then run off 20 copies. I think I'll have to fill out another TM47 in full about 2025.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It's even less of a deal if one fills out everything on the form, while leaving the date blank. Then run off 20 copies. I think I'll have to fill out another TM47 in full about 2025.

There's at least one report of the IO refusing a photocopy and demanding it be filled in on a new form in blue ink. As I said, every office, every officer, makes up their own rules. I hope you haven't wasted 100 baht on those copies ????

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

There's at least one report of the IO refusing a photocopy and demanding it be filled in on a new form in blue ink. As I said, every office, every officer, makes up their own rules. I hope you haven't wasted 100 baht on those copies ????

I haven't wasted anything, I have my own scanner and laser printer. Hasn't seemed to matter at the Chiang Rai branch, been putting the forms in for the last 2 years.

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Hasn't seemed to matter at the Chiang Rai branch, been putting the forms in for the last 2 years.

I haven't had to put a form in at all at the Kalasin branch for the last two years. Now I have to. Things change at the whim of the office or officer. But, as I said, no big deal. That isn't why I began the thread.

• Sad 1

The very first 90 day report I ever had to file I brought with me tons of paper, and this TM47, too. The IO put some estimated 95% of my carefully composed stack of forms, copies etc, right in the waste paper basket telling me that from next time on, to bring my passport is enough. Lately, during COVID time, they collected the passports outside of the building and processed them in batches. Done in a jiffy. A no brainer.

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

The IO put some estimated 95% of my carefully composed stack of forms, copies etc, right in the waste paper basket

In 17 years all forms. copies etc surplus to requirement always get handed back. Never dispatched to the waste paper basket. That is in all the 6-7,  division 4, offices I've registered at in that time.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

Mostly i don't have to fill the form out but it depends on the officer, even then i only have to sign it, last one though the officer took my photo with his phone, he'll be coming on my home visit in about 2 hrs ????.