No lifting of Thailand’s face masks in public mandate, some places may be exempted

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Mask wearing outdoors has been lifted from 1st July (except in busy areas).

Whatever ‘busy areas’ means is perhaps down to discretion... 

Thailand Pass also no longer a requirement from 1st July. 

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/05/thailand-pass-registration-eased-for-international-arrivals-from-1-june-2022/

Your link doesn't say that, talks about 1 June old news

Edited by aussiexpat

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I have a friend working as a surgical nurse in a big hospital. She said they have not seen a covid case in quite some time. When are YOU going to let this go? And why follow a silly mandate when there is little to no risk? Why follow the whims of a horrendous regime? 

Fear is a powerful tool when  used  by the authorities to control the masses, unfortunately as we have seen some people as so susceptible to it that they start to echo the authorities and do their work for them . An example is one guy on here telling us to obey the law

Edited by Bday Prang
omission
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

It does on twitter:

BREAKING: No more COVID-19 mask mandate outdoor starting July 1, the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Admistration has just decided Friday.

[Breaking] The registration with Thailand Pass for foreigners will be canceled, starting July 1, Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakan said after the CCSA meeting.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I have a friend working as a surgical nurse in a big hospital. She said they have not seen a covid case in quite some time. When are YOU going to let this go? And why follow a silly mandate when there is little to no risk? Why follow the whims of a horrendous regime? 

They follow the masters from Ch....

11 cases and locking down a whole city.

They have a plan.
Bringing the world economy to its knees.
Helping the Russians.
Wait a bit, once Russia has succeeded, the ch.... invade Taiwan.

32 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:
34 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Mask wearing outdoors has been lifted from 1st July (except in busy areas).

Whatever ‘busy areas’ means is perhaps down to discretion... 

Thailand Pass also no longer a requirement from 1st July. 

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/05/thailand-pass-registration-eased-for-international-arrivals-from-1-june-2022/

The news is real and up to date... ... the link was miss posted (I edited and put in the correct link already).

Edited by richard_smith237

3 minutes ago, simola said:

My wife (Thai) and I have tickets to Thailand booked for March next year. We won’t be coming if this nonsense is still in place. Tourism won’t come back either. 

What problems do you envisage in March 2023....?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simola said:

My wife (Thai) and I have tickets to Thailand booked for March next year. We won’t be coming if this nonsense is still in place. Tourism won’t come back either. 

??  You would cancel a holiday just because of an online (Thailand Pass) application which takes 10 mins to submit.... (if it comes back)... 

erm...  bit of an over-reaction don’t you think ???.....    while the Thailand Pass is now redundant, its hardly a major effort, unless of course it is the insurance cover which you are unable to secure (but even that is easy to get hold of and costs 650 baht).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

It does on twitter:

BREAKING: No more COVID-19 mask mandate outdoor starting July 1, the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Admistration has just decided Friday.

[Breaking] The registration with Thailand Pass for foreigners will be canceled, starting July 1, Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakan said after the CCSA meeting.

Darn it! Anyone interested in 580245 masks and COVID test kits? Erm.. Asking for a friend...

Just kidding!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Enhancing beauty of many who wear them...

I have to say on balance that is true. I’ve seen a few young ladies who I think look quite cute but on removal of the mask deliver less than promised,in one extreme case looked the Joker in Batman ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I am letting this go after 1st July. See no need for drama and call for ridiculous civil disobedience. One here even think it involved China’s plan to take down the world. Asinine at its worst. 

40 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I am letting this go after 1st July. See no need for drama and call for ridiculous civil disobedience. One here even think it involved China’s plan to take down the world. Asinine at its worst. 

You will have to disobey the masters, as it appears they are going to insist we continue wearing the masks as long as they want us to, despite the drop in cases, and despite all scientific information to the contrary. We need to be kept afraid. 

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

You will have to disobey the masters, as it appears they are going to insist we continue wearing the masks as long as they want us to, despite the drop in cases, and despite all scientific information to the contrary. We need to be kept afraid. 

Well the bug is still around, I have just been told of a few with it, so I will still use one where close contact is unavoidable when out and about....????

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, moogradod said:

You were just some seconds quicker saying that. What social purpose should it serve ? Something like "we all wear the same cap because we are all of the same united group", just like they do it in Japan and China ?

Only "social" part about the mask mandate is "social engineering" on the part of the government to keep everyone afraid and subservient and maintain the emergency powers for as long as possible.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

In a bar restaurant you are allowed to take your mask off, but walkig in the open air in an empty street you mus wear one....Logical is far away here...Most countrie started to get rid of the face mask before relaxing other rules.. here they relax rules but the mask must be kept on... I agree a lot of people look better with a mask than without, but tourists will not be happy... Unless just as with wearing a helmet on a motorcycle... everybody stops with it and nothing will happen..

Maybe we can get away with using masks the way Thais use crash helmets. So long as it is ON the bike it counts as wearing it. So, surely, so long as you have a mask on your person it doesn't need to be on your face? Hey, they set the legal precedent, not me. When in Rome and all that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Flink said:

Maybe we can get away with using masks the way Thais use crash helmets. So long as it is ON the bike it counts as wearing it. So, surely, so long as you have a mask on your person it doesn't need to be on your face? Hey, they set the legal precedent, not me. When in Rome and all that.

Do you wear a seat belt,

If yes why...?

If no why...?   ????

6 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Does wearing a mask bother you so much. Just a piece of cloth over part of your face and it may save you and others lives. Is this your political expression. Meant no malice but personally think you should complied to local rules. At some point in the near future, it will be lifted. 

It only bothers me when outdoors as it’s pointless. And I think you’ll find it has been lifted from July 1st when outdoor wearing becomes ‘recommended’ anyway. So I won’t be breaking the rules. For what it’s worth I have never broken the rules, but as I said, enough is enough. 

21 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Enhancing beauty of many who wear them...

When I worked in surgical operating theatres we discussed the wearing of masks and the girls tended to favour them because of cosmetic reasons rather than clinical (a new study had ben published indicating that wearing masks was not needed to protect the patient)  it made them look mysterious and attractive. Most of them took very great care with eye makup and lashes to enhance the effect, even the most plain looked attractive with a mask.

• Like 1