Visa run options

Now that covid entry restrictions are going away, what is the best and cheapest way to get a Non O marriage visa in SE Asia from a Thai consulate as close, cheaply  and easily as possible from  Phuket or Bangkok? Looking at plane ticket prices, the cheapest price now seems to be from Phuket to Singapore at the moment but I am not sure the Thai consulate will be so easy to deal with in Singapore. I think it will take 3 days minimum to get this visa and Singapore will be very expensive for accommodation.

I did a visa run to Phnom Penh from Bangkok in February this year with my Thai wife flying round trip from  Bangkok and had no problem with the Thai consulate but I don't want to go back there again if there is another nice place to see like Vietnam.  

I would really prefer to go to Vientiane, Laos with my truck since I live in Chiang Khan but I am flying from Paris to Bangkok in 10 days and I am afraid I will need a ticket out of Thailand in order to get the Thailand Pass since my Non O Marriage Visa has expired. 

If anyone knows a simple and easy solution to be able to fly from Paris to Bangkok without having to have plane ticket out of the country, I would really prefer the land crossing at Nong Khai and a taxi to the consulate in Vientaine to get the 90 day Non O visa hopefully multi entry because the Thai consulate in Cambodia would only give me a single entry Non O marriage visa back in February. 

I used to drive to Mukdahan and take a taxi to Savanakeht and get a multi-entry Non O marriage visa easy without having to show any financials. But the last time I did this was 2016 and I am not sure if things have changed. 

Here in Paris, it seems to be impossible to get a non O marriage visa in my US passport and my local immigration office in Loei Province told me they will not give me an extension on a Non O marriage visa issued in my French passport. Besides the Thai consulate in Paris require permanent residence in France and 6000 euros in a French bank before they will give me a single entry marriage Non O marriage visa  in my French passport.

I am trying to avoid having to fly back to the states to get my marriage visa but it may be that I no longer have a choice.

You do not need a ticket out of the country to apply for a Thailand Pass.

If entering visa exempt you may be asked for a ticket out of the country by the airline. That can be a one way ticket to anywhere or a temporary onward ticket online for around $14.

Can you tell me which country to have the onward ticket out of Thailand for $14?

It looks like Savananhkept is the best option from the latest visa run report. Looks like things haven't changed in the last 5 years!

If I have a multi entry non O marriage visa can I now cross over to Laos at the Tha Li crossing in Loei Province every 90 days and come right back to get another 90 days?

2 minutes ago, thaisail said:

Can you tell me which country to have the onward ticket out of Thailand for $14?

It is a onward ticket provided by a online company. See onwardticket.com

5 minutes ago, thaisail said:

If I have a multi entry non O marriage visa can I now cross over to Laos at the Tha Li crossing in Loei Province every 90 days and come right back to get another 90 days?

Yes

You could also apply for a 60 day extension to visit you wife for each 90 day entry to get almost 5 months of it.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Laos is open for entries now. You could get a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane or Savannakhet where you can also get a multiple entry non-o visa.

Hi, is this also the same process for obtaining a non o parent of a Thai child in Savannakhet? Eg, same requirements apart from just needing the birth certificate as apposed to the marriage cert? (no seasoned funds)

Also does the birth need to be legitimised with docs or will the birth cert suffice?

Thank you. 

8 minutes ago, dontpanic said:

Hi, is this also the same process for obtaining a non o parent of a Thai child in Savannakhet? Eg, same requirements apart from just needing the birth certificate as apposed to the marriage cert? (no seasoned funds)

Yes

But will only be a single entry for being the parent of a Thai unless they have changed their rule.

8 minutes ago, dontpanic said:

Also does the birth need to be legitimised with docs or will the birth cert suffice?

Not needed.

Info here: https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/non-immigrant-visa-o-visiting-family-member-of-a-thai-nationality-a-sp?page=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453e&menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453f

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

No TP requirement from July 1 to enter Thailand.

My flight to Thailand is fixed to arrive in Bangkok on June 27. Do I have to buy 3 days of covid insurance?

8 hours ago, thaisail said:

My flight to Thailand is fixed to arrive in Bangkok on June 27. Do I have to buy 3 days of covid insurance?

You would need 30 days of covid 19 insurance with coverage of $10,000 baht to a Thailand pass since you will be entering prior to July 1st. Look here for the insurance that can purchased for as little as 650 baht.

https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/index.html

8 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

That's a Maybe until published.

Published where?

Lots of news articles about the Thailand Pass and covid 19 insurance not being need on July 1st. I am certain it will happen.

13 hours ago, nana kid said:

Can you get a 30 day extension from a Visa run?  Are 2 a year the limit?

Each entry from a tourist visa or visa exempt can be extended by 30 days.

Visa exempt entry via land are limited to 2 per calendar year.

6 hours ago, Gladsheerin said:

You have a answer in the first topic you listed.

The others do not appear to be relevant to the first one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2022 at 8:00 AM, ubonjoe said:

You would need 30 days of covid 19 insurance with coverage of $10,000 baht to a Thailand pass since you will be entering prior to July 1st. Look here for the insurance that can purchased for as little as 650 baht.

https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/index.html

I am back home now in Chiang Khan since yesterday with a 30 day visa exempt stamp in my US passport. No one requested an outbound plane ticket from Thailand. However I was ready to buy a ticket with the website link you sent me just in case. The only issue was that the immigration officer at the airport in Bangkok wanted to see my boarding pass from Air France. My wife and daughter passed through the Thailand Pass traffic jam since they are Thai and went straight to the baggage claim with my boarding pass. But since I put my flight number on the TM6 landing card, he let me in with a warning. 

My question is "Do I have to go to Loei immigration today and report my presence within 24 hours?"

8 minutes ago, thaisail said:

My question is "Do I have to go to Loei immigration today and report my presence within 24 hours?"

That is what the rules state but not sure Loei immigration will enforce the 24 hours.

On 6/17/2022 at 3:24 AM, ubonjoe said:

It is a onward ticket provided by a online company. See onwardticket.com

Thank you - again - ubonjoe!

You always have very good information ????