Overnight care at hospital

I have an upcoming (cancer) operation this Wednesday at Siriraj hospital and have to stay over 1 night due to having had a general anaesthetic. Siriraj insist on me being accompanied overnight but, due to the Covid outbreak, no longer provide the service themselves. Everybody I know cannot do this. Anybody got any ideas? I am now desperate.

I'm assuming that person will need to be awake while you are 'out of it' ?

What will they be monitoring ?  When to when, as my daughter lives in Bangkok, though her time ain't cheap ????

Seriously, she keeps her own hours, so it may actually work, depending her schedule Wed/Thurs.  Between working online, and a few movies, she could actually be awake 8 ish hours while you are sleeping.

33 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

This sort of requirement is for patients in private rooms. Tell them you have no one who can stay with you and that you need to be in a ward room.

Which will also be cheaper. 

Not as comfortable but just for 1 night should be OK.

Does the ward have AC, closed windows, no mossies ...  NO THANKS

I'll tell the daughter to bring her mozzy zapper ????

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I expect ward would be fine with AC and closed windows - it was in Rajavithi Hospital cancer department six years ago when they required you stay preop for several days before major surgery.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

In Siriraj I would expect wars to have A/C. Upcountry govt hospitals are another matter. I have had friends in wards in Bangkok govt hospitals. Really not too bad.

25 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

In Siriraj I would expect wars to have A/C. Upcountry govt hospitals are another matter. I have had friends in wards in Bangkok govt hospitals. Really not too bad.

My experience was with Bkk Hosp chain up NE, and the ward was not someplace I'd want to spend the night.  #1 ... no AC, goes downhill from there ????

I live close by and have time. 

Likely pcr (at least atk) test would be needed.

They have strange rules in thailand, after an operation there should be proper medical supervision, at least ward helpers (those changing beds, cleaning patients etc). In time of covid would be safer to have inside somebody from personel, properly vaxed and tested, than complete risky stranger.

At the beginning of year during my short hospitalisation they wanted my wife to stay with me. She would have to be tested (risking hospitalisation herself, if asymptomatic) and not able to leave the ward. I have asked for reason, and doctor couldn't give one. Might be something to do with charging an additional 2.5k per night, as I suspect - judging on price difference between an initial quotation from nurse and from doctor. Stayed at common room with 6 beds and saved myself 22k for 4 nights stay. 

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

My experience was with Bkk Hosp chain up NE, and the ward was not someplace I'd want to spend the night.  #1 ... no AC, goes downhill from there ????

upcountry and Bkk are very different things. OP is in Bkk.

On 6/19/2022 at 2:39 PM, Sheryl said:

This sort of requirement is for patients in private rooms. 

All depending. I've spent a few times, over the years, in a private room at a government hospital alone. My wife has never been in a position to stay with me being as we have 3 children. She can stay during the day when they're in school but not once they're home. 

Just now, IvorBiggun2 said:

All depending. I've spent a few times, over the years, in a private room at a government hospital alone. My wife has never been in a position to stay with me being as we have 3 children. She can stay during the day when they're in school but not once they're home. 

yes, some hospitals will allow you to stay in a private room alone, some will not. Evidently Siriraj will not. What I was getting at is that you can always stay in a ward room without someone with you (in fact there is no facility for someone to stay with you 24/7 in a ward).