Do you fear living to long?

JAFO

9 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

My best years were 18 to 19, 26,27 then 34 to 44.

Need a new plan.

So did I, which is why I came to Thailand after losing north of $600,000 to two women in Australia. Moved on, put down roots here which, barring bureaucratic stupidity, will see me out.

I focus on the positive, every day here for me is a new adventure.

Boredom is self-inflicted, not possible to be bored if one is doing something creative.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

So did I, which is why I came to Thailand after losing north of $600,000 to two women in Australia. Moved on, put down roots here which, barring bureaucratic stupidity, will see me out.

I focus on the positive, every day here for me is a new adventure.

Boredom is self-inflicted, not possible to be bored if one is doing something creative.

Thats my plan. I hope stocks crash first though. Then i can buy in get my money back soon enough.

My other idea is buy a cheap townhouse.

Next best idea travel 2 years. Hard atm.

If its up to me, I will live as long I want, or can Live. 

We will se differet options in the future, and more easy to make a choice to end our lifes in a decent and human way, so Im all in for taking that decission when needed or available. 

48 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

I wish i had a kid

One be enough

Which age? And why?

I know many people who have kids who are adults by now. And many are not happy with their kids and I am pretty sure many kids are not happy with their parents.

In average it seems that there are few happy parent/(adult) kids relationships.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I suggest you get your own blood pressure monitor and take readings morning and evening for a week in your home environment. Then halve your medication, and see what happens for the next week. From the sound of it, you are getting enough cardio exercise, although strictly speaking it needs to be every day.

I've got one. I take pills at 8pm and measure the systolic, diastolic & pulse at 10pm. Sometimes I forget to take the readings, but I have about 2,600 readings written in a note pad. I recently stopped taking the pills for 5 days. The readings went from about 115/65 pulse 65 to 155/85 pulse 70.

I'm back on the pills now.

• Like 1

Concerning long life, one has to be active and have interests.

The other thing is the financial means. The longer you live, the more expensive the world gets.

If you are constanting fretting and worrying about money, penny pinching, etc., that is going to put a lot of undue stress on you when you least need it.

As you age, health becomes number 1 if you want to have a high quality of life.

Diet, exercise, can make a huge difference in how you feel and quality of life.

Having choices I think makes a world of difference. Not getting trapped in a location with no way out.

Being free to find the best quality of life for YOU. No matter where in the world that might be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I said goodbye to blood pressure tablets a week and a half ago. I had tapered down from 160 mg valsartan to 25 mg losartan in about six months.

I did not realize I have significant white coat syndrome, which has led to a succession of doctors over-medicating me for about ten years. My BP increases by about 40 points any time I go near a doctor or hospital.

I suggest you get your own blood pressure monitor and take readings morning and evening for a week in your home environment. Then halve your medication, and see what happens for the next week. From the sound of it, you are getting enough cardio exercise, although strictly speaking it needs to be every day.

I do have a BP monitor and I take 5 readings when I come back from grass cutting and use the median as the rate to save, and the same thing an hour or so later after a shower and breakfast. I have been doing this for years.

I actually ran out of my BP tablets last week and did a reorder tonight. Oddly enough I feel better without them. I have been taking them since 2006 after having a couple of stents put in.

I think that I will slip on my doctors white coat and not take any for a week and see how I feel and how my BP readings go. I can always start them again if I need to.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, swissie said:

Some bad news. Switzerland had a very liberal "Assisted Suicide" legislation. Not anymore. Now 2 Doctors must confirm, that one suffers from a 100% incurable illness. No other reasons will allow for a Assisted Suicide anymore.

- So, it's back to shooting oneself in the head and leaving a bloody mess behind, or swinging from a tree, scaring schoolchildren.

Why make a dramatic  exit with a mess? 

There is better solutions called  asphyxiation, no pain no mess

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JetsetBkk said:

I've got one. I take pills at 8pm and measure the systolic, diastolic & pulse at 10pm. Sometimes I forget to take the readings, but I have about 2,600 readings written in a note pad. I recently stopped taking the pills for 5 days. The readings went from about 115/65 pulse 65 to 155/85 pulse 70.

I wrote a little excel program to log my BP results and I just update it every day and change the year at the end of December.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Why make a dramatic  exit with a mess? 

There is better solutions called  asphyxiation, no pain no mess

Me, suffering from COPD can not recommend asphyxiation. It sucks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

Ukrainians?   Euigers in China? Yemen, Afghanistan, Venezuela....list goes on and on.

It's a nice saying, but...

To be born in the west is a blessing. All others are starting out as potentional live-long losers. Can this concept last? =no!

12 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I do have a BP monitor and I take 5 readings when I come back from grass cutting and use the median as the rate to save, and the same thing an hour or so later after a shower and breakfast. I have been doing this for years.

I actually ran out of my BP tablets last week and did a reorder tonight. Oddly enough I feel better without them. I have been taking them since 2006 after having a couple of stents put in.

I think that I will slip on my doctors white coat and not take any for a week and see how I feel and how my BP readings go. I can always start them again if I need to.

Might be better to measure upon waking and in the evening. Your BP may or may not be elevated after activity, your pulse certainly will be. My average pulse upon waking is below 55 bpm, about 58 bpm in the evening.

Unless you are on minimum dose now, I would suggest halving the tablet initially to be on the safe side.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, proton said:

Me too at 71 would be quite happy to go tomorrow, always found life to be over rated and boring and I have never been any good at anything anyway, apart from being on time.????

There is always something one can be good at, except some never find it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Child birth. I want to see it. That be the highlight. All downhill from there lol

Babies are cute and lovable. Teenagers are a nusense. Adult babies (20 years old) will leave you. Sending you a christmas card. If you have money, they can't wait for your demise.

- A baby is nothing else than a future adult. This in itself is a scary thought.

• Sad 1

Today my 18 year old Thai niece died in my arms from TB ????  It made me think about life.  I was 63 years old just 4 days ago and I need another 40 years to do all the things that I want to do to help others more deserving than me.  Rest peacefully little Bam..

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

1 hour ago, JetsetBkk said:

How much exercise are you doing? You need at least 30 minutes of cardio daily.

If you are a smoker or drink alcohol every day, keep taking the pills. Exercise is a waste of time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

I fear boredom. Loss of purpose. Im middle aged and bored from life.

I was pretty bored at life by early 20's but I just realized it was because I didn't realize how many opportunities the world has.

Not sure your interests but its possible to really do anything, once you realize that, it opens a lot of roads.

a year ago or so I was back at university studying dietetics because I wanted to research cancer in that field, but I found there was already people smarter than me working on that so I wasn't too interested, plus I think cancer research should be geared towards more treatment than prevention since it's pretty obvious how to prevent it.

I am thinking of going back to school, finishing some degree(s) and then going to US to work at a tech company, really interesting people in tech. 

Steve Jobs said 

“For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today? ' And whenever the answer has been no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.”

Edited by dj230

7 minutes ago, swissie said:

Babies are cute and lovable. Teenagers are a nusense. Adult babies (20 years old) will leave you. Sending you a christmas card. If you have money, they can't wait for your demise.

- A baby is nothing else than a future adult. This in itself is a scary thought.

There are exceptions. IMO I gave my son the same sense of responsibility I have. He is my tech support here, and gives me a place to live when I go back to Australia.

From a difficult childhood, he has developed into a formidable human being.

• Like 1