Do you fear living to long?

JAFO

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I am unable to estimate my expiry date, both my parents died at age 83 after doing their level best, most of their lives, to kill themselves with cigarettes and alcohol.

Last sentence of your post, 100% agree.

Exact ages my Mother and father passed at in the last two years, and both from exactly as yours did, my father died of a Stomach Aorta burst, and my Mother died of COPD/Heart Failure.  They smoked from the age of 14 and drank like fishes.  I rarely drink and have never smoked, so what would be the guesstimate of life expectancy, I have no clue.  My grandparents on my fathers side died at 97 and 99 years of age, my mothers Parents died at 52 and 56 from strokes and diabetes, of which I am the generation the diabetes attached to but only after a neck surgery where the doctor pushed so many steroids it caused the pancreas to go into a deep sleep......sucks to take diabetic medication, but I try to keep it at the minimum by my diet and exercise (45km a week of jog/walking).  Goal for me is to make it to at least 80, and that is 23 more years, provided I do not get run over by a bus, or flattened by a Grab rider on the sidewalk.......

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

I fear boredom. Loss of purpose. Im middle aged and bored from life.

Bored, why?  Get out and about if you can, travel and hike.  In Cha Am now and we walked over 10km today on the beach and then swam in the pool in the Villa.....life is what you make of it.  Just wish I could golf, but with a triple neck fusion and 2 double back fusions It is a non starter.

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Yes but after losing half a million dollars its hard to just forget it.

My work is patchy. My future is uncertain.

5 years ago I had a plan. Now Im digging around looking for a new plan.

I empathise, and its easier said than done, but you gotta look at it, learn from it, and push forward. Dont look too far ahead, baby steps if need be, but YOU can control it, no one is gonna do it for you. Its up to you to keep swimming or drown.

As Rocky said "Nothing hits harder than life, but you gotta take the hits and keep moving forward! Thats how winning is done.

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Bored, why?  Get out and about if you can, travel and hike.  In Cha Am now and we walked over 10km today on the beach and then swam in the pool in the Villa.....life is what you make of it.  Just wish I could golf, but with a triple neck fusion and 2 double back fusions It is a non starter.

I want to travel soon. 

• Like 1

This is my favorite quote about this topic:

Jack Nightingale in Stephen Leather’s Nightmare

Nightingale blew smoke up at the sky. ‘Everybody dies,’ he said. ‘Life is a zero sum game. The best you can do is to enjoy yourself as you go along.’

‘But smoking shortens your life.’

‘Maybe. But it only takes the years from the end of your life. Not the beginning or the middle.’

Jenny looked at him, confused. ‘I have absolutely no idea what you mean.’

Nightingale took another drag on his cigarette before continuing. ‘Say I live until I’m seventy-five without smoking. And say I die at seventy if I do smoke. I lose five years. But really, Jenny, what am I going to be doing during those five years? Sitting in a bedsit somewhere watching the football, assuming I’ve enough of a pension to be able to afford Sky Sport?

• Like 2

I have no kids and I don't want any kids. So I won't have a family life when I am old.

I see very few people who enjoy life after they are maybe 80 years old - with exceptions.

I live my life here and now. I do what I like to do, eat, drink, whatever. If I would be die in 5 minutes and I could review my life I could say I had fun until the end.

430316407_Icecream(2).thumb.jpg.a2f97d5c42ef21ad26f6521228ed93f0.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have no kids and I don't want any kids. So I won't have a family life when I am old.

I see very few people who enjoy life after they are maybe 80 years old - with exceptions.

I live my life here and now. I do what I like to do, eat, drink, whatever. If I would be die in 5 minutes and I could review my life I could say I had fun until the end.

430316407_Icecream(2).thumb.jpg.a2f97d5c42ef21ad26f6521228ed93f0.jpg

I wish i had a kid

One be enough

3 minutes ago, peter zwart said:

Same here. But i also think its temporary. Maybe a part of mid life C. A few years ago i had days that i would be happy if i didnt wake up anymore but nowdays i have more and more happy moments. I started to focus on different things in life and forget about the things i thought were important in the years before. So keep it up mate.

What did u focus on?

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

I wish i had a kid

One be enough

You feel boredom and you wish you had a kid,why not?

It does not need to be a baby of course but you could adopt a kid,all the way or just take

some one under your wing.

It can give your life great purpose.

I am doing it in a certain way and i have met other people who have done it.

Why are you trying to make all kinds of money if you are not doing anything good with it?

Giving some one the chance for a bright future can give your life a big boost.

1 minute ago, jvs said:

You feel boredom and you wish you had a kid,why not?

It does not need to be a baby of course but you could adopt a kid,all the way or just take

some one under your wing.

It can give your life great purpose.

I am doing it in a certain way and i have met other people who have done it.

Why are you trying to make all kinds of money if you are not doing anything good with it?

Giving some one the chance for a bright future can give your life a big boost.

No i want my own kid

Blood is thicker than water

• Like 1