Do you fear living to long?

JAFO

On 6/20/2022 at 12:04 AM, CharlieH said:

They say that if you take the average between Mother and Father, all things being equal that is roughly your estinated expiry date. In my case that would put me at 86 !

My parents were reformed smokers, Dad reached 68 Ma, 72. They both died from tobacco damage anyway. Her side smoked and died in their mid sixties, Dad's Mother a non smoker, lived to 96 and died a month before he did!

I'm 61 don't smoke, but have drunk far too much over the years, though not as bad as many, I can still see my Todger when I look down!

I have no idea whether those averages will apply, given tobacco's role in their deaths. I'm still internally healthy, no med regime, though the knees and eyes will need surgery soon. 

16 hours ago, Adumbration said:

I think you have confused bragging with taking pride in my achievements.  I do preen my own feathers occasionally.  But that is a skill that I consciously developed and then adopted to counteract the negative impact on my mental health from living with a violent alcoholic father that used to refer to me as a worthless piece of sh*t.  Lots of people grew up poor.  That was just one of issues I had to deal with as a kid.  I have also have an incurable and chronic genetic blood disease.

Clearly still not getting it. Anonymous forum mate. Like everyone else. Don't know you, never will, not interested, don't care. 

• Like 2

On 6/20/2022 at 11:45 AM, Lacessit said:

IMO swimming is probably one of the best forms of cardio exercise anyone can do, because one's body is supported while doing it.

There's an old (1930) Irving Berlin song: Let me Sing and I'm Happy.

To me it's: Let Me Swim and I'm Happy. A nice 25m or so saltwater pool open at 6 am went it's only me. And that's what I've now got.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 2:38 PM, Lacessit said:

Thank you.

Six years ago ( age 73 ) I was on five different medications. Anti-depressant, anti-inflammatory, anti-gastric reflux, blood pressure and night cramps. I thought this is insane, I am on a pharmaceutical treadmill and I want to get off. To make matters worse, the anti-inflammatory and night cramp medication side effects were why I was on the gastric reflux medication. And the anti-inflammatory was not doing my kidneys a world of good either.

The anti-inflammatory was the first to go, followed by the anti-depressant and night cramp medications.

In NY 2021 my New Year Resolution was to get fit. As a result, I was able to progressively reduce my BP medication from 160 mg daily of Valsartan to zero.

My 2022 NY resolution was to lose weight. I am pre-diabetic, and don't want to start pricking my finger every day to know what my damn blood sugar is.

In 2016, my body mass was 96 kg. Down to 92 kg until the start of 2022, I am now at 84 kg with a reduced carb diet.

Currently, the only medication I take is finasteride for benign prostatic hyperplasia. As the stuff has the side-effect of reducing my libido, I am working on that too.

Magnesium good for joints, muscles and sleeping.

On 6/19/2022 at 7:24 PM, billd766 said:

They say that if you take the average between Mother and Father, all things being equal that is roughly your estimated expiry date. 

Rubbish. Then all siblings should die at the same age.

On 6/20/2022 at 8:55 AM, jvs said:

There are some websites that explain in detail how to go about it and exactly what

to use.

Being in Thailand you can always fire up the barbeque for your last steak and along

with a nice bottle of wine you are well on your way.

This is why they created fentynal. Of course, the ancient romans used to lay out in a bath and enjoy wine, good food, and even conversation while they slowly bled to death from a slit wrist.

On 6/20/2022 at 11:19 PM, Lacessit said:

Nothing wrong with my age pension, it's better in my pocket than having politicians pee it up a wall.

Your best days are only behind you if you think they are. I'd love to be 51 again, knowing what I know now.

Im 49. Tell me what to do. I got no idea.

On 6/20/2022 at 10:04 PM, Lacessit said:

Statistics say smoking takes 5 to 10 years off anyone's life on average. They also say vegans and vegetarians live longer than carnivores or omnivores. Your post is talking about statistical outliers.

Your death date may be programmed at birth, but it's your lifestyle choices which determine how much you extend it or shorten it.

Data from adel uni says meat eaters live longer.

On 6/20/2022 at 1:24 AM, dj230 said:

I was pretty bored at life by early 20's but I just realized it was because I didn't realize how many opportunities the world has.

Not sure your interests but its possible to really do anything, once you realize that, it opens a lot of roads.

a year ago or so I was back at university studying dietetics because I wanted to research cancer in that field, but I found there was already people smarter than me working on that so I wasn't too interested, plus I think cancer research should be geared towards more treatment than prevention since it's pretty obvious how to prevent it.

I am thinking of going back to school, finishing some degree(s) and then going to US to work at a tech company, really interesting people in tech. 

Steve Jobs said 

“For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today? ' And whenever the answer has been no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.”

Last day on earth?

Find the hottest woman and hire her for the day.