Dual Nationality passports

I have to make multiple visits to Australia - I have and extension of Non-o Marriage on an Australian passport - I will get a re-entry permit for the first visit . I also have a fresh British passport.  Can I use the British passport to gain entry for my short visits back to Thailand (30 day toutrist visa).  This would avoid me visiting immigration for more re-entry permits and stop them filling my Australian passports with large stamps?

.  Can I re-enter Thailandon my UK passport on a tourist visa?  I asked my local IO but they had no idea - the were more interested and impressed that I had 2 passports

Edited by krobert6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, krobert6 said:

This would avoid me visiting immigration for more re-entry permits and stop them filling my Australian passports with large stamps?

As others have pointed out just purchase a multiple reentry permit 3800baht.

Forget the UK pp.

BTW reentry permit is a stamp that takes half a page.

You can obtain at airport upon departure. 

On 6/24/2022 at 3:16 PM, ubonjoe said:

You mentioned a 30 day stay that is a visa exempt entry not a tourist visa applied for at a embassy or consulate.

You could probably use your UK passport for the visa exempt entry but if immigration system detects you are using a different passport it could a problem.

For a visa exempt entry you would need a ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival plus if you wanted to stay longer than 30 days you would need to apply for 30 day extension (1900 baht).

Best to get a multiple re-entry permit (3800 baht) that will valid for unlimited entries up to the day your extension expires. Each entry is only a arrival stamp.

I have two passports. I am curious why it might be a problem using the other one?. When I went to Vietnam I used the British one, mainly because they would have charged me sixty dollars on the American one, and the Brit one was free. But returned on the one with the visa in.

23 minutes ago, Mansell said:

I have two passports. I am curious why it might be a problem using the other one?. When I went to Vietnam I used the British one, mainly because they would have charged me sixty dollars on the American one, and the Brit one was free. But returned on the one with the visa in.

He is wanting to enter Thailand with another passport than than the one his extension is in to avoid getting a re-entry permit for short stays. Not the same as what you did.