Don Muang airport - sleeping overnight

EricTh

https://www.sleepinginairports.net/guides/bangkok-don-muang-airport-guide.htm

As far as I remember there was no carpet there but I could be wrong. There are quite a few relatively cheap food outlets at the domestic departure side sесond floor, not sure if they work 24x7.

Give it a go...worst that can happen is they boot you out, there a few cheap hotels iin the vicinity, have inDriver and Grab installed on your phone.

Obviously it is not Changi but you can go though a night easily IMO.

Edited by gearbox

34 minutes ago, EricTh said:

To save cost of course, Amari one night is about 2000 Thai baht.

I am thinking of catching a very early morning flight at Don Muang so might as well sleep overnight there. 

There is no trill sleeping in Amari. Much more exciting is to lay on the floor and don't give a <deleted> about anyone passing by.

Edited by gearbox
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, gearbox said:

https://www.sleepinginairports.net/guides/bangkok-don-muang-airport-guide.htm

As far as I remember there was no carpet there but I could be wrong. There are quite a few relatively cheap food outlets at the domestic departure side sесond floor, not sure if they work 24x7.

Give it a go...worst that can happen is they boot you out, there a few cheap hotels iin the vicinity, have inDriver and Grab installed on your phone.

Obviously it is not Changi but you can go though a night easily IMO.

Thanks but I don't want to check in a hotel in Bangkok for one night just to take a flight.

Then it will be another mad rush taking the taxi from the hotel to the airport to take the early morning flight.

It's better to wait and sleep at the airport for a few hours.

Edited by EricTh

10 hours ago, EricTh said:

To save cost of course, Amari one night is about 2000 Thai baht.

I am thinking of catching a very early morning flight at Don Muang so might as well sleep overnight there. 

look ......   I hate to see anyone in a difficult situation ....  send me over your bank details and I'll throw a few bucks into your account for you .... at least you will sleep better and grab some food.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, EricTh said:

Thanks but I don't want to check in a hotel in Bangkok for one night just to take a flight.

Then it will be another mad rush taking the taxi from the hotel to the airport to take the early morning flight.

It's better to wait and sleep at the airport for a few hours.

Read my answer....just do it,  spending a night at an airport is trivial exercise. I've slept at a few, having a 10 hours stopover in Abu Dhabi tonight. Don't get discouraged.