After the PR interview in Thailand, are there officers visiting my workplace and residence?

Hello , 

i applied for PR in Thailand and went through the interview in April this year.  

Then i was told that there would be officers visiting my workplace and residence randomly , and asking questions around as one of the process.

However, two months after the interview, no officer came so far.

Is this right? Normally when will these officers appear at the door?

And if anybody who they ask says something wrong, will it affect my application? 

I am just a bit worried because normally i am not in the office to be present if they come to visit. 

Highly appreciated if anyone with such experience can answer my questions. 

maybe they have been there many times without contacting you, they check with your neighbors and/or nearby business asking people if they know you, if they see you around on a regular basis... shouldn't worry, if they need you in person they will contact you either by phone or by waiting for you when you least expect them

9 minutes ago, MRtommyR said:

Never heard of this before.

They did not visit me when I applied for PR last year nor any of the other people I know who have done it.

That because they don't visit you. As @Mavideol wrote - they come around to ask about you, and not only people you personally know.

4 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

That because they don't visit you. As @Mavideol wrote - they come around to ask about you, and not only people you personally know.

Ok, please allow me to be more precise in my answer:

Never heard of this before.

They did not visit my workplace, my residence or any of my neighbours when I applied for PR last year. None of the other people I know who have done it are aware of any such visits either.

Same here alas applied years ago. Maybe it's a random thing but I know several who applied, even just 1-2 years ago, and none ever got any visit. Not that we'd know, anyway.

Maybe they only visit if something looks fishy in the documents provided at application?

On 6/29/2022 at 5:05 PM, JS82 said:

I am just a bit worried because normally i am not in the office to be present if they come to visit

Don't worry yourself, go out and do your job. 

These people understand, if they need to interview you, I'm sure they'll make an appointment. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

I had my PR interview in April and the immigration officer who’s assigned to my case didn’t mention any of this. 

I can’t see what the point of this would be. I often work from 8-22 and on the weekend I’m at my gf or traveling or working. Even before Covid I would work at the Client most of the times. Now it’s wfh most of the time. I’m rarely in the office and our office is pretty empty these days. 

I don’t have any relationship with my neighbors or anyone here. The security guy might remember me as the guy who always forgets his keycard. What would they want here? 

Edited by cocoonclub

On 6/30/2022 at 7:28 PM, cocoonclub said:

I had my PR interview in April and the immigration officer who’s assigned to my case didn’t mention any of this. 

I can’t see what the point of this would be. I often work from 8-22 and on the weekend I’m at my gf or traveling or working. Even before Covid I would work at the Client most of the times. Now it’s wfh most of the time. I’m rarely in the office and our office is pretty empty these days. 

I don’t have any relationship with my neighbors or anyone here. The security guy might remember me as the guy who always forgets his keycard. What would they want here? 

I have called my immigration officer, she said it is handled by different departments so she is not very clear about it. 

I am in the same situation, i donot work much in the office location and i had very little connection with my neighbors.