U.K. to spend 2.5% of GDP on defence by 2030, Boris Johnson announces

onthedarkside

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

We're going to fight Russia for the Crimea again? Let's hope there's not another 'Charge of the Light Brigade'.

You’d have to confirm with @internationalism, it’s his conspiracy. 

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You can find it on Youtube 

Guppy asks Boris for a journalists address .

Boris said he would get the address , then Boris asked Guppy why he wanted the address and Guppy stated he wanted to give the Journalists  a few rugby injuries and the phone call ended and nothing more came of it 

Yeah right, that’s all that was said…youtube LOL. 

I’ll take the the reports from two newspapers that no one involved threatened to sue or print a retraction over the reports…

Edited by Bluespunk

2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

I don’t necessarily define a new hospital as must having bricks and mortar on a green field site. I happily understand a established medical location with new facilities to be a new hospital. 
Sorry, my mistake, I though all your references to Boris’s health promises came from the side of a bus. 

Even when he announced the 40 new Hospitals , he quite clearly stated that some old hospitals would be knocked down and new hospitals built in their place and that two older hospitals would be knocked down and one new one built in its place  

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Yeah right, that’s all that was said…youtube LOL. 

I’ll take the the reports from two newspapers that no one involved threatened to sue over the reports…

Well yes, other things were said , but I just wrote the relevant highlights .

Whether or not Boris did try and get anyone's address is irrelevant , the only relevant thing is that he didn't hand the address over .

As he didn't give anyone's address out , he didn't conspire to attack a journalist 

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You can find it on Youtube 

Guppy asks Boris for a journalists address .

Boris said he would get the address , then Boris asked Guppy why he wanted the address and Guppy stated he wanted to give the Journalists  a few rugby injuries and the phone call ended and nothing more came of it 

Liar. That wasn't the conversation at all..

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Whether or not Boris did try and get anyone's address is irrelevant , the only relevant thing is that he didn't hand the address over .

As he didn't give anyone's address out , he didn't conspire to attack a journalist 

Already provided 2 links that show he did conspire but backed out because he was afraid of getting caught. 

But yes, he ultimately didn’t follow through on handing over the address…

johnson failing to deliver: Quelle Surprise.

Though in this case that was a good thing. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Liar. Yes he did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Already provided 2 links that show he did conspire but backed out because he was afraid of getting caught. 

But yes, he ultimately didn’t follow through on handing over the address…

johnson failing to deliver: Quelle Surprise. 

No, he agreed to get a Journalists  home address , then Boris  asked and found out that the Guppy intended to hurt The Journalist , Boris delved to find  out Guppys intentions and then Boris didn't hand over the Journalists address when it became apparent Guppy wanted to attack the Journalist.

It didnt sound like  serious discussion  , seemed like they were joking 

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, he agreed to get a Journalists  home address , then Boris  asked and found out that the Guppy intended to hurt The Journalist , Boris delved to find  out Guppys intentions and then Boris didn't hand over the Journalists address when it became apparent Guppy wanted to attack the Journalist.

It didnt sound like  serious discussion  , seemed like they were joking 

I’ve provided links that support my statement…twice. 

• Like 1

Yes, we agree that Boris didnt hand over the journalists address and therefore he didnt conspire to attack a journalist 

Nope, we do not agree. 

He conspired and then failed to deliver. 

Not criticising his failure to deliver though.

However he backed out because he was scared of getting caught…

Now, unless you can provide any evidence of the papers being forced to retract their claims, it’s time to move on…

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Nope, we do not agree. 

He conspired and then failed to deliver. 

Not criticising his failure to deliver though.

However he backed out because he was scared of getting caught…

'Be careful of that allegation!' SNP shut down after astonishing 'inaccurate' Boris claim

The SNP's John Nicolson claimed it was true that Boris Johnson hatched a plan with Universty chum Darius Guppy to beat up a journalist. But the claims were quickly pounced upon by LBC's Ian Dale and panellist Kate Maltby for being "inaccurate" and an "allegation" which he should be very careful of making.

But in a moment that shocked the panel, Mr Nicolson made an astonishing claim about a past incident involving Mr Johnson.

The Ochil and South Perthshire MP said: ”You will remember of course that Boris Johnson conspired to have a journalist beaten up with his pal!”

But iPaper columnist Ms Malty warned the SNP MP that he should be ”careful about that allegation” after it did not land well across the panel. 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1562405/jon-nicolson-snp-cross-questions-lbc-boris-johnson-darius-guppy-vn

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

'Be careful of that allegation!' SNP shut down after astonishing 'inaccurate' Boris claim

The SNP's John Nicolson claimed it was true that Boris Johnson hatched a plan with Universty chum Darius Guppy to beat up a journalist. But the claims were quickly pounced upon by LBC's Ian Dale and panellist Kate Maltby for being "inaccurate" and an "allegation" which he should be very careful of making.

But in a moment that shocked the panel, Mr Nicolson made an astonishing claim about a past incident involving Mr Johnson.

The Ochil and South Perthshire MP said: ”You will remember of course that Boris Johnson conspired to have a journalist beaten up with his pal!”

But iPaper columnist Ms Malty warned the SNP MP that he should be ”careful about that allegation” after it did not land well across the panel. 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1562405/jon-nicolson-snp-cross-questions-lbc-boris-johnson-darius-guppy-vn

Yep I read that earlier, it was an argument on a radio panel debate…no evidence was presented to counter the newspaper reports based on the recorded conversation. 

The fact that no one involved in the reports attempted to have the newspaper claims retracted is very telling. 

Edited by Bluespunk

Yep I read that earlier, it was an argument on a radio show…no evidence was presented to counter the newspaper reports based on the recorded conversation. 

The fact that no one involved in the reports attempted to have the newspaper claims retracted is very telling. 

One of Boris friends phoned him and asked for a favour and Boris agreed to help him and then once it became apparent that the friend wanted to attack someone, Boris began making excuses and backing out of doing that favour .

Boris wanted nothing to do with any attack on a journalist and refused to hand over the address . 

If Boris and Guppy had seriously conspired to attack a Journalist, they would have been prosecuted  

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

One of Boris friends phoned him and asked for a favour and Boris agreed to help him and then once it became apparent that the friend wanted to attack someone, Boris began making excuses and backing out of doing that favour .

Boris wanted nothing to do with any attack on a journalist and refused to hand over the address . 

If Boris and Guppy had seriously conspired to attack a Journalist, they would have been prosecuted  

Time to move on, you are just repeating yourself now.

You’ve failed to refute the reports I provided links to. 

Plus I suspect we are both now off topic. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Time to move on, you are just repeating yourself now.

You’ve failed to support the above or refute the reports I provided links to. 

Plus I suspect we are both now off topic. 

I have listened to the full tape and read the transcript .

Boris did indeed initially state that he would get the guys address at the beginning of the conversation, then Boris asked what Guppy would do and the Boris began backing out of the agreement when Guppy mentioned giving rugby type injuries  .

Listen to the whole tape on YouTube .

I have listened to the full tape and read the transcript .

Boris did indeed initially state that he would get the guys address at the beginning of the conversation, then Boris asked what Guppy would do and the Boris began backing out of the agreement when Guppy mentioned giving rugby type injuries  .

Listen to the whole tape on YouTube .

No need to.

The links I provided make clear what was said.

Edited by Bluespunk

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No need to.

The links I provided make clear what was said.

You need to hear the full tape to put everything into context .

Saying that you would get someone's address and then backing out when it was revealed there would be violence is one thing .

Speaking about and agreeing with violence so the violence can happen   and then agreeing to give a persons address is another thing .

The first example actually occurred , you are trying to imply the second example occurred 

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

You need to hear the full tape to put everything into context .

Saying that you would get someone's address and then backing out when it was revealed there would be violence is one thing .

Speaking about and agreeing with violence so the violence can happen   and then agreeing to give a persons address is another thing .

The first example actually occurred , you are trying to imply the second example occurred 

Ah huh…

On 6/30/2022 at 11:00 PM, onthedarkside said:

Nicola Sturgeon’s ministers: No more Scottish money should be given to Ukraine for weapons

Kate Forbes, Scotland’s finance secretary, says £65m provided to the Treasury ‘must not be seen as any kind of precedent’

Nicola Sturgeon’s ministers have said no more of Scotland’s money should be given to Ukraine for weapons after being pressured by the Treasury to hand over £65 million.

Kate Forbes, the Scottish finance secretary, said she had agreed to provide the funding “on this occasion” but made it clear that “this must not be seen as any kind of precedent”.

Her comments were echoed by Rebecca Evans, her Welsh counterpart, who said she had been forced to give £30 million earmarked for “devolved areas like health and education”.

But the Treasury “strongly disagreed”, saying government departments across Whitehall had also been asked to make a contribution through their underspend.

(more)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/06/30/nicola-sturgeons-snp-will-no-longer-send-money-ukraine-weapons/

1281740288_TheTelegraph.jpg.1e211651c5a851a78b94ed7b430ba165.jpg

Well said Nicola Sturgeon and Rebecca Evans. 

Stop fuelling a war that cannot be won and get the actor/comedian/president Zelenskyy back to the negotiating table.

• Sad 2

25 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Well said Nicola Sturgeon and Rebecca Evans. 

Stop fuelling a war that cannot be won and get the actor/comedian/president Zelenskyy back to the negotiating table.

I understand Sturgeons position, that money is probably needed for other things.

However I don't get your position on the Ukrainian president's responsibility for what is happening regarding the invasion of Ukraine. 

And let me be clear I don't like the man, but it is Russia that needs to stop it's aggression before peace talks can take place,

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I understand Sturgeons position, that money is probably needed for other things.

However I don't get your position on the Ukrainian president's responsibility for what is happening regarding the invasion of Ukraine. 

And let me be clear I don't like the man, but it is Russia that needs to stop it's aggression before peace talks can take place,

I don't particularly "like" either of those men, but Putin's position is quite clear: he doesn't want NATO on his border. 

Just now, JetsetBkk said:

I don't particularly "like" either of those men, but Putin's position is quite clear: he doesn't want NATO on his border. 

I agree he had a point about nato expansion but that does not justify his war of aggression in Ukraine. 

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I agree he had a point about nato expansion but that does not justify his war of aggression in Ukraine. 

It all goes back to 2014. This is from a Wikipedia link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_conducting_a_special_military_operation

He said the purpose of the "operation" was to "protect the people" in the predominantly Russian-speaking region of Donbas who, according to Putin, "for eight years now, have been facing humiliation and genocide perpetrated by the Kyiv regime"

4 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

He said the purpose of the "operation" was to "protect the people" in the predominantly Russian-speaking region of Donbas who, according to Putin, "for eight years now, have been facing humiliation and genocide perpetrated by the Kyiv regime"

I honestly don’t care where it goes back to, wars of aggression benefit no one except maybe the elites who launch them. 

39 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

31 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Every decision is the outcome of several issues. Let's not forget to factor in the economic and demographic issues. The Russian population has been declining for years (less one million in 2021) and Russia is (relatively) an economic dwarf. The Eastern provinces would be a useful addition to Russia.

Edited by candide

1 hour ago, JetsetBkk said:

Notwithstanding the fact that membership of NATO should be a decision for individual nations and existing NATO members to make, Russia's invasion has had the opposite effect to what Putin desired as NATO is expanding more rapidly than it would have.

Edited by RayC
Spelling

41 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Unfortunately, it's probably true that atrocities have been committed by both Russian and Ukrainian separatists in the Donbas region, but there is no evidence to suggest that there has been "genocide perpetrated (against the Russian speaking population) by the Kyiv regime".

18 hours ago, RayC said:

Unfortunately, it's probably true that atrocities have been committed by both Russian and Ukrainian separatists in the Donbas region, but there is no evidence to suggest that there has been "genocide perpetrated (against the Russian speaking population) by the Kyiv regime".

Try Googling: "rt.com genocide by Kyiv in the Donbas".

Of course, you can't quote any results here.

26 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Try Googling: "rt.com genocide by Kyiv in the Donbas".

Of course, you can't quote any results here.

No you're right you couldn't put the results here because its sheer propaganda rubbish

• Like 1
  • Haha 1