U.K. to spend 2.5% of GDP on defence by 2030, Boris Johnson announces

onthedarkside

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes I have already read it and know .

The famine in India was cause by :

A lack of rain and no crops growing .

Locals raising the prices and people couldn't afford to by food 

Food being sent to other areas which were suffering from food shortages .

Famines and droughts have happened throughout history

You need to read more.

There were numerous famines and you have skipped the part British policies played in those famines.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Loiner said:

No, I'm telling you that the British Empire was the best thing to happen to the whole world since the Romans. Anybody who was around at that time is not available to tell you that your hand wringing revisionist history is just soppy rhetoric.

Turn the volume down on your violins and have a recount on your hundred millions. It sounds far too exaggerated. 

thank you for telling me, but I don't buy your cheap propaganda, fed to you by skilled imperialists, monarchists and apologists for murder and oppression. Those murderers are dead now, I judge them. Very few of them were judged before they have died.

Your "best thing to happen to the whole world since the Romans" repeated twice sounds as a slogan from advert for tacky commercial product, it is just humorous. Nobody takes such statement seriously, it has comedy value.

When talking about mass murder, in hundred million, you should be more serious, to be taken seriously. By the way - roman empire was also based on murder and oppression. As all empires.

Talking about true history, beyond school handbooks prepared by the ministry of brainwashing kids into state slaves, digging up state secrets should be done. Even to improve understanding between countries and give chance for diplomacy and mutual respect. That process speed up within the recent years, with politicians and parliament apologising for atrocities.

100mln murdered is not an exaggeration. Count in those who died during imperial wars, including 2 world wars - there were not only brits, but soldiers from all colonies.

The next european war is coming - cooked up by Johnson and supporting him armament industry

https://listverse.com/2014/02/04/10-evil-crimes-of-the-british-empire/

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, internationalism said:

Your "best thing to happen to the whole world since the Romans" repeated twice sounds as a slogan from advert for tacky commercial product, it is just humorous. Nobody takes such statement seriously, it has comedy value.

OK I confess, it’s actually subliminal advertising for our next imperial acquisition in the Crimea. There you go, your conspiracy theory is proven. 

Psst, really it’s true. 

8 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

No its not a "broken promise"

Boris pledged to make 40 new hospitals by 2030 and he's refurbishing/rebuilding  old hospitals to make the new hospitals 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Boris pledged to make 40 new hospitals by 2030 and he's refurbishing/rebuilding  old hospitals to make the new hospitals 

Yeah right, LOL- just another bus. 

“The government’s official spending watchdog is to launch an inquiry into Boris Johnson’s claim that 40 new hospitals will be built by 2030, as concerns grow in Whitehall that the pledge is unaffordable and has been greatly oversold to the public.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/02/boris-johnson-faces-investigation-into-claims-over-40-new-hospitals?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes it is. Installing a new avionics suite into a clapped out old aircraft does not make it a new plane.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

But refurbishing an old hospital, makes it a new hospital

No it doesn't. Hence the words 'Refurbished' and 'New'. They don't mean the same thing which is why there are two different words.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, baboon said:

No it doesn't. Hence the words 'Refurbished' and 'New'. They don't mean the same thing which is why there are two different words.

There have also been some completely new sections built on hospital grounds , like ,a new Children's hospital built on hospital grounds can be referred to a new hospital 

48 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There have also been some completely new sections built on hospital grounds , like ,a new Children's hospital built on hospital grounds can be referred to a new hospital 

A new building or wing on the grounds of an existing hospital does not make a new hospital. 

'New' means constructed from the ground up. The whole establishment, not bits and bobs here and there.

The hospital I was born in is a shadow of its former self. Lots of it was demolished to create car parking spaces / real estate. You therefore could categorise that as being a new hospital, albeit one devoid of health services. But 'New'.

Johnson is a liar, corrupt and an adulterer. No amount of sophistry will change that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, baboon said:

A new building or wing on the grounds of an existing hospital does not make a new hospital. 

'New' means constructed from the ground up. The whole establishment, not bits and bobs here and there.

The hospital I was born in is a shadow of its former self. Lots of it was demolished to create car parking spaces / real estate. You therefore could categorise that as being a new hospital, albeit one devoid of health services. But 'New'.

Johnson is a liar, corrupt and an adulterer. No amount of sophistry will change that.

Erm , he did state there will be 40 new hospitals by 2030 .

You will have to wait until 2030 before you can call him  a liar 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Erm , he did state there will be 40 new hospitals by 2030 .

You will have to wait until 2030 before you can call him  a liar 

No, he is a liar, a cheat and an adulterer right now. No need to wait.

The man is nothing but filth.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, baboon said:

Accusing him of lying ?

Falsely accusing someone of "conspiring to attack journalists" is also lying .

I trust that you have always been faithful to your partner and have never strayed from her ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

Oh come on, don’t sit on the fence. Say what you mean. 
Or you could possibly come up with some rational reasons why the actual structure and fabric of a hospital is so important to the more important services it provides. 
If you resort to “because it said so on the side of a bus” you lost the argument. 

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Accusing him of lying ?

Falsely accusing someone of "conspiring to attack journalists" is also lying .

I trust that you have always been faithful to your partner and have never strayed from her ?

Yes, he is a proven liar.

He did conspire to have a journalist beaten up.

I have always  been faithful to Mrs baboon, no matter how much I loathe her.

Next?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, baboon said:

Yes, he is a proven liar.

He did conspire to have a journalist beaten up.

I have always  been faithful to Mrs baboon, no matter how much I loathe her.

Next?

He didn't conspire to have a journalist beaten up .

Someone phoned him asking for a journalists address and Boris asked the person why he wanted the address and what was he going to do and nothing more came of it .

No journalist got beaten up

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Oh come on, don’t sit on the fence. Say what you mean. 
Or you could possibly come up with some rational reasons why the actual structure and fabric of a hospital is so important to the more important services it provides. 
If you resort to “because it said so on the side of a bus” you lost the argument. 

Oh, come on. What part of 'New hospitals' don't you understand? Inflict your Newspeak on others. What bus are you blethering on about? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Someone phoned him asking for a journalists address and Boris asked the person why he wanted the address and what was he going to do and nothing more came of it .

Actually johnson agreed to and attempted to get the address requested, he asked 4 contacts of his for it.

In the end it is true he backed out of handing it over, not because he thought it was wrong but because he was afraid of being caught. . 

All this was caught on a secretly recorded phone call. 

Edited by Bluespunk

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You liar. Whether the crime was committed or not is irrelevant. The conspiracy IS the crime and Johnson was happy with it..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

You have previously stated that everything Boris says is a lie .

So, Boris saying  "Johnson told Guppy he had tried four contacts to obtain the reporter’s details " is untrue and Boris didnt ask anyone for contact details 

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You have previously stated that everything Boris says is a lie .

So, Boris saying  "Johnson told Guppy he had tried four contacts to obtain the reporter’s details " is untrue and Boris didnt ask anyone for contact details 

I said pledges johnson made are worthless. 

And by the by, that is a fairly sad attempt to deflect attention from the fact I provided a link showing johnson did conspire to have another journalist assaulted. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I said pledges johnson made are worthless. 

And by the by, that is a fairly sad attempt to deflect attention from the fact I provided a link showing johnson did conspire to have another journalist assaulted. 

Your link stated "During the call, Johnson told Guppy he had tried four contacts to obtain the reporter’s details but was fearful his role in the plot would be uncovered"

I have listened to the tape and no such thing is said , Johnson did offhandedly say he would get the address , but there's no evidence that he actually tried to get the address by asking four contacts 

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Your link stated "During the call, Johnson told Guppy he had tried four contacts to obtain the reporter’s details but was fearful his role in the plot would be uncovered"

I have listened to the tape and no such thing is said , Johnson did offhandedly say he would get the address , but there's no evidence that he actually tried to get the address by asking four contacts 

I’ll keep to the facts presented in the link provided. 

Unless of course you can provide a link to the recording. 

However from another link

”Mr Johnson then revealed that he had approached four people to try to get Mr Collier's details, only two of whom he could fully trust. "If it got widely known that he'd been beaten up, it would inevitably get back to the contact I've used," he said.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/darius-boris-and-a-blast-from-the-past-1658043.html?amp

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, baboon said:

Oh, come on. What part of 'New hospitals' don't you understand? Inflict your Newspeak on others. What bus are you blethering on about? 

I don’t necessarily define a new hospital as must having bricks and mortar on a green field site. I happily understand a established medical location with new facilities to be a new hospital. 
Sorry, my mistake, I though all your references to Boris’s health promises came from the side of a bus. 

9 hours ago, Loiner said:

OK I confess, it’s actually subliminal advertising for our next imperial acquisition in the Crimea. There you go, your conspiracy theory is proven. 

Psst, really it’s true. 

We're going to fight Russia for the Crimea again? Let's hope there's not another 'Charge of the Light Brigade'.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I’ll keep to the facts presented in the link provided. 

Unless of course you can provide a link to the recording. 

You can find it on Youtube 

Guppy asks Boris for a journalists address .

Boris said he would get the address , then Boris asked Guppy why he wanted the address and Guppy stated he wanted to give the Journalists  a few rugby injuries and the phone call ended and nothing more came of it