U.K. to spend 2.5% of GDP on defence by 2030, Boris Johnson announces

onthedarkside

4 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Try Googling: "rt.com genocide by Kyiv in the Donbas".

Of course, you can't quote any results here.

Call me cynical, but I'm inclined to take any 'facts' originating from (R)ussia (T)oday with more than a grain of salt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2022 at 8:29 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

One of Boris friends phoned him and asked for a favour and Boris agreed to help him and then once it became apparent that the friend wanted to attack someone, Boris began making excuses and backing out of doing that favour .

Boris wanted nothing to do with any attack on a journalist and refused to hand over the address . 

If Boris and Guppy had seriously conspired to attack a Journalist, they would have been prosecuted  

Apparently Johnson didn’t know anyone in the police or security services to report his concerns to.

7 minutes ago, RayC said:
5 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Try Googling: "rt.com genocide by Kyiv in the Donbas".

Of course, you can't quote any results here.

Call me cynical, but I'm inclined to take any 'facts' originating from (R)ussia (T)oday with more than a grain of salt.

Exactly - which is why most people cannot see (don't want to see) the other country's point of view.

5 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Exactly - which is why most people cannot see (don't want to see) the other country's point of view.

You mean the view from RT News whose owner actively promoted a famine at the St Petersburg Forum with Putin by her side

"All our hope is in the famine." "Now the famine will start and they will lift the sanctions and be friends with us, because they will realize that it is impossible not to be friends with us," said Margarita Simonian.

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You mean the view from RT News whose owner actively promoted a famine at the St Petersburg Forum with Putin by her side

"All our hope is in the famine." "Now the famine will start and they will lift the sanctions and be friends with us, because they will realize that it is impossible not to be friends with us," said Margarita Simonian.

You talk rubbish. She called it a very cynical joke.  Try again and cherry-pick something else.  

You think just because I can see Putin's point of view - he doesn't want NATO on his borders - that I am a Putin fan?

I'm not, but I've read and continue to read enough from Russian sources to understand his way of thinking.

It is clear that you don't.

48 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Point of view is not the same as facts. The war in Donbas has been extensively investigated, including by HRW, and there was nothing which could be qualified as "genocide". 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Apparently Johnson didn’t know anyone in the police or security services to report his concerns to.

I dont think that there is a section of the Police that deal with *Hi officer, I have a friend that wants to beat up my other friend" . Police only get involved if an attack takes place . 

Also, could you give a link to where Johnson makes that claim ?

10 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

You talk rubbish. She called it a very cynical joke.  Try again and cherry-pick something else.  

You think just because I can see Putin's point of view - he doesn't want NATO on his borders - that I am a Putin fan?

I'm not, but I've read and continue to read enough from Russian sources to understand his way of thinking.

It is clear that you don't.

‘Let’s starve them until they agree to be our friends’ Such a pleasant person. And then Russians wonder why no one respects them! Such a lovely joke broadcast to the world.

Was she also joking when she said this?

VIDEO: Head of RT Margarita Simonyan admits that for 10 years or more, she's been dreaming about censorship, banning Western media and Russia becoming like China by achieving total information control. Most of all, Simonyan doesn't want the idea of freedom to ever come back to Moscow.

1 hour ago, JetsetBkk said:

There is no other side to see here.

As @Candide points out, there is a fundamental difference between facts and opinion.

Johnson attended parties at #10 - fact. Johnson should resign because he is not fit for office - opinion (based on fact).

'The regime in Kyiv committed genocide in the Donbas'. Where is the evidence to support this as being a fact? There is none. It is conjecture or opinion at best but, more likely, propaganda based on outright lies.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

‘Let’s starve them until they agree to be our friends’ Such a pleasant person. And then Russians wonder why no one respects them! Such a lovely joke broadcast to the world.

Was she also joking when she said this?

Try watching the video from the beginning. THAT is when she called the words you are quoting as a "very cynical joke".

I think that you are deliberately misunderstanding what she said. 

I'm not going to waste my time any more on your lies.

24 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Try watching the video from the beginning. THAT is when she called the words you are quoting as a "very cynical joke".

I think that you are deliberately misunderstanding what she said. 

I'm not going to waste my time any more on your lies.

I've watched the videos thanks and I've already replied to you regarding that particular sick statement made by Margarita Simonyan.

I also see you totally ignored her other ramblings about admitting that for 10 years or more, she's been dreaming about censorship, banning Western media and Russia becoming like China by achieving total information control. Most of all, Simonyan doesn't want the idea of freedom to ever come back to Moscow.

Feel free, no need to waste your time on me I agree but I sure as hell will call you out when you parrot false Russian Propoganda and direct posters to Russian state media which is full of lies and misinformation

As for accusing me of being a liar ???? nice try but I provide links to my claims with direct quotes

Edited by Bkk Brian