Inflation data - Thailand is doing well

Inflation here on the ground is out of control. I really pity the low income / poor Thais here trying to make ends meet. Basic fresh meat, vegetables, eggs, electricity etc were always very stable. Now increasing 5-10% a month thanks to a monopoly...and wages aren't increasing. Utter BS x 1000

Edited by Kenny202

When was the last time Thai government announced figures, about anything, that were believable?

I visit Big C almost daily, and always around the same time, so when I see that in the last week of the month the number of customers is an estimated 20% of that at the beginning of the month, then I know people are struggling.

Foreigners often buy full trolleys, so they shop maybe once every fortnight, but the majority of customers are Thai, and I don't see them buy more than a day's supply.

• Like 1

I patronise the local Big C : cooking oil up by 50%, Pasta,12%, Large peppers, a whopping 30%. and many others. In the fresh market : onions up by 20%, tomatoes , 15%, Lettuce from 20 baht to 30. Estimated total inflation 10 to 15%.