Crisis for Boris Johnson as Sunak and Javid lead wave of resignations from UK government

CharlieH

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oddly though, when he appointed a known sexual predictor who then continued his sexual abuse Johnson, the decisive strong leader, backed his hand picked sexual predator.

Lied about knowing anything about that man’s past behavior. Lied about being informed about that man’s recent behavior, only removed the whip when forced to do so by public opinion.

He’s not a leader, he’s a weak, self serving liar.

He's certainly made some errors of judgement.

I would support him resigning now. He's been listening to Carrie too much about the green nonsense, we need a true blue Tory, not a green/red one. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, itsari said:

I thank you for your opinion.

The steadfast labour voters over generations used there vote tactically. 

Wrong decision by them in my opinion.

But your opinion is just that.

That the labour voters changed was up to them and them alone.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Living rent free in your head and popping out for the occasional repetitive off topic post.

But got your attention, and cant wait for the beergate duo to start using 4 letter expletives soon...Blackford has got some front bleating in the commons about folk standing down, the hypocrite...????

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

But your opinion is just that.

That the labour voters changed was up to them and them alone.

Have to agree , yet the traditional labour voters that went for voting conservative have caused problems for them selves for a desire to be out of the European Union In my opinion.

16 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

He's certainly made some errors of judgement.

I would support him resigning now. He's been listening to Carrie too much about the green nonsense, we need a true blue Tory, not a green/red one. 

I might have guessed it would be a woman’s fault. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, itsari said:

Have to agree , yet the traditional labour voters that went for voting conservative have caused problems for them selves for a desire to be out of the European Union In my opinion.

What about the Labour party ?

Had they respected the will and vote of the people . the Labour voters wouldn't have then had to vote Conservative 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What about the Labour party ?

Had they respected the will and vote of the people . the Labour voters wouldn't have then had to vote Conservative 

Yes I agree , and still the Labour party is sitting on the fence.

4 minutes ago, candide said:

In particular in the North East. Shooting themselves in the foot!

The reliance of North East firm’s on exports to the EU means the region’s economy will suffer the most

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/north-east-set-take-hardest-24289986

Much of the current situation is due the the Covid pandemic and Putin warring with Ukraine 

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Four more resignations this morning.

And why ? There reason is Mr Price they say . 

Real reason is they now see the conservative party has no chance to be back in government for a long time after the by-elections

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Webbe was expelled from Labour for threatening to send naked photos to Children and also threatening to throw acid over someone and getting jailed  , that's rather different to groping someone 

I didn't realise that BJ had added groping to his other misdemeanours! What I said was that both he and Webbe were morally unfit to be MPs, although you seem to have the facts wrong re Webbe - the suspended jail sentence was reduced to 80 days community service, the acid allegation was thrown out by the judge as being a lie, and the other woman involved is 59 years old, so I suspect the offspring, who were allegedly to be the recipients of photos, are not 'children' in the sense you were implying. Her crime was harassment, with the judge describing her as 'untruthful', a word often applied to BJ.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

it would be interesting to see the results if they do another vote of confidence now... just saying  555

Votes of no confidence don't really work like that.

Re-running a vote because you didn't like result didn't wash for Brexit, Indyref or Boris' no confidence vote. 

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Much of the current situation is due the the Covid pandemic and Putin warring with Ukraine 

The report was also prospective, looking beyond the current period.

Anyway, no need to be a genius to find out that if your region's economy is significantly relying on exports to the EU, Brexit may not have a positive impact on it..

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I might have guessed it would be a woman’s fault. 

You obviously missed my post yesterday where I favoured Liz Truss as Boris' replacement ????

Sorry to disappoint - but your mates over in the trans lobby used up all the misogyny, there's none left for straight white males like me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, candide said:

The report was also prospective, looking beyond the current period.

Anyway, no need to be a genius to find out that if your region's economy is significantly relying on exports to the EU, Brexit may not have a positive impact on it..

Then again, your report did say 

"the UK has not seen the large relative decline in its exports to the EU many predicted,"

'

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Not quite true, it was the threat of revising the 1922 committee rules for a second confidence vote that convinced Theresa May to resign.

Johnson has lost the confidence of his party, he needs to man up and resign.

I am sure he will not take notice of you, Corby or Dianne.........????