Crisis for Boris Johnson as Sunak and Javid lead wave of resignations from UK government

CharlieH

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

The trainwreck of a Labour Party will have their chance at the next general election.

Who knows, if Stamer can figure out how to define a woman he might even get some votes.

There is a mechanism for the Labour Party to get rid of Johnson and his government.

Force a vote of confidence in the government. If the government loses it then you have your General Election.

Of course then they would have to win that election...

Perhaps they will continue to rely on the hostile press, and the indiscipline and opportunism of sections of the Tory party.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

People who are homeless have an address?

Yes people with money can buy dental services, which brings us back to millions skipping meals and your dislocated view of ho much poverty there is in the UK.

But ‘I’m all right Jack’.

Yes, people living in temporary accommodation are considered to be "homeless" and those people can still register with a G.P .

NHS dentists are still available for many people , although there are some people who struggle to find one locally .

Yes, it would be nice if everyone could get things for free

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, people living in temporary accommodation are considered to be "homeless" and those people can still register with a G.P .

NHS dentists are still available for many people , although there are some people who struggle to find one locally .

Yes, it would be nice if everyone could get things for free

What’s this ‘for free’ nonsense.

People in the UK are paying the highest taxes since the Second World War, and getting appalling service, if any service at all:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/09/07/highest-taxes-since-second-world-war-boris-johnson-abandons/

• Like 2

Having won 2 terms as mayor of Labour London, having won the Tory leadership election, having won a general election with an 80 seat majority, and having survived a near-death covid experience I think it can be truly said Boris is a winner. If I was a Tory I would stick with him.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Having won 2 terms as mayor of Labour London, having won the Tory leadership election, having won a general election with an 80 seat majority, and having survived a near-death covid experience I think it can be truly said Boris is a winner. If I was a Tory I would stick with him.

I really hope they do.

He’s a gift to opposition parties.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you really have to ask?

Didn't Jacob William Rees-Mogg ask the UK public recently to tell him about all the good things about Brexit?

I know that he asked but somehow I must have missed all the replies how wonderful everything is now.

04rees-mogg2-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600

Hes got his eyes closed in public !!!!!!!!!!

Thats another scandal to add to Borises woes

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

This particular piece of smugness deserves its own response because it’s a clear indication of precisely how out of touch you, and this Government, are with the problems people in the UK are facing now.

The lack of access to dentists is a significant problem and a regular point of discussion, the perhaps you’ve never had a tooth ache.

The message is clear, whether it be access to dentists, GP’s, hospital care or even responding to a 999 call, the public have been abandoned by a government that has no concern for ordinary people.

I'm just an average bloke from the nw of uk  and I have never had problem getting to see either a doctor or a dentist and I don't know of anybody who has, I Other than a bit of messing about at the beginning of covid which i guess is understandable it was pretty much soon back to normal (apart from some of the ridiculous protocols) Even saw a few accidents at work 999 and they were there in minutes on 3 different occasions  at 3 different places. So I don't think things are quite as bad as they are painted by a mainstream media that will do anything to get rid of the conservatives  

However for any one to suggest that we would be noticeably better of with a Labour government is pure fantasy

They are both as bad as each other, I would say that there are very very few that are there for the benefit of anybody else but themselves,  Its an exclusive club with two teams and once they join they are  the only two  places they will have any loyalty to( whilst it suits them). The club , and their own political party They  are all the same, no matter which side they are on

What would you imagine their actual job description say's  ?    It will only 4 words   either "get elected " or "keep seat" anything else doesn't matter, they don't even care if they are in power or opposition, Its like a football match and as long as they get a game everything is ok. 

No qualifications req'd other than the ability to get elected, it really is as simple as that        and the only thing you must not do is say the wrong thing (even if its true) at any cost

So what we are left with is the result of greed on behalf of some of them and incompetence on behalf of others . The whole system up is set up to attract the wrong sort of people, a sort of celebrity culture has started, for example,  the prime minister wife was never known as and shouldn't be referred to as "the first lady"

The whole thing needs changing, any body who wants to be a politician should never be allowed to be.  A different system is needed and I don't know what it is  But one thing is for sure, as long as people behave like they are doing on here, Throwing insults and listing problems, quoting meaningless statistics and hailing the virtues of their own party whilst vilifying the opposition nothing is going to change You all need to remember that nothing is as it seems, Pretty much everything we are told by the media is twisted to suit the powers that be. We don't have a clue what's actually going on. The enemy is not the other party its all of them in their exclusive club  They would all be very happy to watch you fighting with other rather than sussing out what they're are really up to

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

People in the UK are paying the highest taxes since the Second World War, and getting appalling service, if any service at all:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/09/07/highest-taxes-since-second-world-war-boris-johnson-abandons/

Yes, that's to pay for the Covid measures taken .

What would you like ?

Low taxes and everything for free ?

I do agree actually ,  I hate paying tax and I hate paying for dentists . 

Low taxes and free dentistry , and free Wifi , footballs and guiltars .

Everything for free and low taxes . 

37 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Do honestly think it would better with the other idiots in charge of things,? Of course it wouldn't

30 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

The problem is that the Tory Party have been in power for 12 years. 4 

General Elections ,the last one, Boris's producing by far the biggest majority!

Large sections of the party take being in government for granted, and are manoeuvring to serve their personal ambitions.

They are likely to ditch their main election winning asset. They will be left squabbling over a hollow crown.

What is more, you don't imagine for a minute, that having been central to the ousting of Johnson, that the hostile press and media ( Sky and the BBC in particular) will back off, surely?

Edited by herfiehandbag

9 hours ago, JonnyF said:

The trainwreck of a Labour Party will have their chance at the next general election.

Who knows, if Stamer can figure out how to define a woman he might even get some votes.

Ah yes, the Blessed Keir!

"Injunction, injunction, don't read all about it!"

Allegedly!

But then he is a lawyer...

13 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

The problem is that the Tory Party have been in power for 12 years. 4 

General Elections ,the last one, Boris's producing by far the biggest majority!

Large sections of the party take being in government for granted, and are manoeuvring to serve their personal ambitions.

They are likely to ditch their main election winning asset. They will be left squabbling over a hollow crown.

What is more, you don't imagine for a minute, that having been central to the ousting of Johnson, that the hostile press and media ( Sky and the BBC in particular) will back off, surely?

Hostile press?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

I hope they do. He is an election asset for both Labour and the Liberal Democrats. 

sarcasm alert-he won’t survive, the man’s toast. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You’re not getting much push back today.

You must be upset that Boris has nearly gone .

It was only last week that you were hoping that he would stay on as PM

All is not lost though, he may hang on in there and survive 

Keep the belief 

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You must be upset that Boris has nearly gone .

It was only last week that you were hoping that he would stay on as PM

All is not lost though, he may hang on in there and survive 

Keep the belief 

Not at all upset.

The damage is done.

We are just getting to the good bit, nobody does an internecine knife fight like the Tories.

12 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Not at all upset.

The damage is done.

We are just getting to the good bit, nobody does an internecine knife fight like the Tories.

Seems like Boris made the choice of giving a known groper/molester a top job and they have lost confidence in his decision making and they feel that its time for a change .

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Like Claudia Webbe's acid throwing threats?

Or Dawn Butler's race baiting?

Or Fiona Onasanya's perverting the course of justice and subsequent jail sentence.

Those 'be kind' Labour politicians are so pure by comparison ???? .

There is no doubt that both major Parties have MPs who are morally unfit for the role. The fundamental difference seems to be that Labour expel them from the Party (e.g. Webbe), whereas the Tories elect them Leader (e.g....I'll leave to your imagination).