Crisis for Boris Johnson as Sunak and Javid lead wave of resignations from UK government

CharlieH

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Seems like Boris made the choice of giving a known groper/molester a top job and they have lost confidence in his decision making and they feel that its time for a change .

The known homosexual MP Mr Price is just an excuse . The loss of the byelections is the loss of confidence for the back stabbing Tory ministers 

19 minutes ago, itsari said:

The known homosexual MP Mr Price is just an excuse . The loss of the byelections is the loss of confidence for the back stabbing Tory ministers 

How did you get that information ?

Have you spoken to the M.P's who resigned ?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Stupooey said:

There is no doubt that both major Parties have MPs who are morally unfit for the role. The fundamental difference seems to be that Labour expel them from the Party (e.g. Webbe), whereas the Tories elect them Leader (e.g....I'll leave to your imagination).

Webbe was expelled from Labour for threatening to send naked photos to Children and also threatening to throw acid over someone and getting jailed  , that's rather different to groping someone 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Not at all upset.

The damage is done.

We are just getting to the good bit, nobody does an internecine knife fight like the Tories.

Thats a bit like going to watch a football match and cheering on both teams .

Celebrate if Boris stays and also celebrate  if he Goes 

32 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Thats a bit like going to watch a football match and cheering on both teams .

Celebrate if Boris stays and also celebrate  if he Goes 

To explain it in terms of your chosen metaphor:

I don’t care if the Tory team continue to score home goals or set about fouling each other.

Do long as they are all given the red card.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That’s going down really well with a pint of Pedigree, thanks for the humour.

There seems to be a problem with intelligence these days .

Any given subject people from the left match into their corner and people from the right march into their corner and they just throw pelters at each other and no intelligent discussion 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

To explain it in terms of your chosen metaphor:

I don’t care if the Tory team continue to score home goals or set about fouling each other.

Do long as they are all given the red card.

Ugh !

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Looking from the outside and as an outsider I think it would be a huge change if the UK would get someone as the PM who tells them the truth. Including the truth about the miserable Brexit situation. Even if they try, there is no good solution. And who wants a job to tell the truth and frustrate everybody and pi#$# off maybe 50% of the voters. It's a horrible job in a bad situation. Who in his right mind would want such a job?

And that is probably the reason why another dimwit will get the job.

I hope you are not from the USA, because if you are, I think you will receive a few broadsides over that post.....????

6 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Johnson has sacked Michael Gove for telling him uncomfortable truths.

Has this poor excuse for a man no shred of decency:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2022/jul/06/boris-johnson-rishi-sunak-sajid-javid-resignations-uk-politics-live-latest

Well done Boris. Gove is a snake and has stitched him up in the past. A sign of strong leadership to remove him.

I thought Boris would be gone by now, seems he's really digging his heels in. Must be annoying a few people ????.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well that, bi election pommelings, constant lies and general incompetence.

But who’d have thought it’d be someone else’s sexual misbehavior that brought down Johnson?!

It doesn't seem like a good enough reason to me to bring down a PM who won an 80 seat majority and is more likely just another bandwagon for the people who are still salty about Brexit to jump on.  I had never heard of this MP prior to this week.   How is it that the deviants in the Labour Party (of which there are some pretty famous ones) do not bring down Starmer?    

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Well done Boris. Gove is a snake and has stitched him up in the past. A sign of strong leadership to remove him.

I thought Boris would be gone by now, seems he's really digging his heels in. Must be annoying a few people ????.

Yeh, the comedy act, Corby & Abbott....????

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, transam said:

I hope you are not from the USA, because if you are, I think you will receive a few broadsides over that post.....????

No, I am definitely not from that strange land of the free.

The UK is bad enough but the USA seems to be hopeless for the foreseeable future. 

I live since decades in Thailand and that is what I call home.

• Like 1

Just now, RayC said:

Hardly a sign of strong leadership given that Johnson appointed Gove in the first place.

Slightly annoying but mainly embarrassing for Johnson, the Tory party and the UK. So far as I'm concerned, the longer Johnson embarrasses himself and the Tories the better: They both deserve it. Unfortunately, it's the embarrassment caused to the country that's the problem.

Actually, sacking someone that you appointed is indeed a sign of strength. I have personal experience of people refusing to sack people since they appointed them and don't wish to admit they were wrong. That's weak.

As for embarrassing the country, just be glad we don't have Starmer, Rayner, Abbott, Lammy representing us. Now THAT would be embarrassing.