Crisis for Boris Johnson as Sunak and Javid lead wave of resignations from UK government

CharlieH

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Covid-19 put an incredible strain on the NHS. While the government's increased NHS spending and excellent vaccine management program helped matters, there is inevitably a backlog for treatment after such an incredibly destructive pandemic.

Ignoring the impact of Covid to score political points is disingenuous in the extreme.

How does that prevent an ambulance turning up to answer a 999 call right now?

Why can’t people get on a Dentist or GP list?

• Like 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

There is a backlog. The NHS was delaying treatment while COVID was killing millions of people throughout the world. 

Maybe an analogy would help? When you have a crash on the motorway and traffic jams back up for 20km, it doesn't all instantly disappear as soon as the damaged vehicles are moved onto the hard shoulder. It takes time. If you are the last one in that 20km queue, it can take quite a lot of time.

If you really need to blame someone, blame China for releasing this on the world. Not the Tories.

The public want solutions, blaming the Chinese is not a solution.

Nor is this failing Government 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The public want solutions, blaming the Chinese is not a solution.

Nor is this failing Government 

It appears what you want is to blame the Tories for everything, including a global pandemic and the war in Ukraine (which FYI is a big contributor in the cost of living crisis).

The solutions are being implemented but will take time. Mercifully, with Labour nowhere near power for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Everyone’s back at work in the UK.

COVID is having near zero impact. 

It’s not preventing police officers attending 999 calls.

It’s not the cause of the old and vulnerable being left without care.

It’s not the cause of the housing crisis.

It has of course been the excuse for the Government to hand tens of billions to their chums with zero benefit to the public.

Everyone's back at work in the UK?? More accurate to say that many companies have failed to hire back staff they laid off during the pandemic, and that Covid continues to see huge numbers of people - while not very sick - off work. That is having a massive impact.

That said, Johnson has to go. Enough with the "I made a mistake and I'm apologising now".

• Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

As I said earlier, the Tories have been in power for twelve years. Many of the problems ordinary people are facing today predate bother the war in Ukraine and the Pandemic.

Johnson’s belief that neither he nor his Government should ever be held to account appeals to some.

Thankfully not the majority.

Clearly it appeals to more people than are gullible enough to believe that the inept charlatans in the Labour party are fit to govern.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Thanks goodness that I don't live in the UK now, or will ever again.  It's a basket case, run by muppets, with a feckless lazy workforce, who just want to holiday, strike for more pay they don't deserve or WFH.  

Probably a lot more people in the UK are glad you don't live there anymore. ????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

More accurate to say that many companies have failed to hire back staff they laid off during the pandemic, and that Covid continues to see huge numbers of people - while not very sick - off work. That is having a massive impact.

'More accurate to say that many companies have failed to hire back staff under worse pay and conditions.'

Fixed that for you.

• Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

You need to keep up with the news more.

You might want to check out the Tories majority in the HOC.

General Elections tend to carry more weight than opinion polls and local elections.

Just now, JonnyF said:

General Elections tend to carry more weight than opinion polls and local elections.

You might want to check a few bi-election results.

The reason Tory ministers and MPs are turning on Johnson is they know their jobs are at risk.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

33 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Covid-19 put an incredible strain on the NHS. While the government's increased NHS spending and excellent vaccine management program helped matters, there is inevitably a backlog for treatment after such an incredibly destructive pandemic.

Ignoring the impact of Covid to score political points is disingenuous in the extreme.

Expand  

On your ambulance point - the problem, caused by NHS mismanagement and Covid staffing, is that in many health authorities there is currently little capacity to admit, in a timely fashion, patients arriving by ambulance. There are free beds, there are doctors, but the system is screwed up. So ambulances sit at A&E for hours waiting to offload before they can be sent out again.

My 90 year old mum fell very ill on Monday, vomiting, incoherent, in great pain. We called an ambulance at 1 pm. It never showed, despite three follow up calls to 999 and being told at 9 pm (!) that one would be blue lighted out to our rural location. Oh, and being told to get the local defibrillator ready. I don't blame the Tories for this.

But back on topic - time for Johnson to go before he does even more damage to the Conservatives. Although I suspect people are sick and tired of the sorry pack of them, not that Labour are any more edifying. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You might want to check out how many resignations there have been in the past 24 hours and still going on as we speak...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You might want to check a few bi-election results.

The reason Tory ministers and MPs are turning on Johnson is they know their jobs are at risk.

Bi Elections? ????  Clutching at straws. ..

Don't worry. Your lot will get another shot by 2025. I'm sure they'll manage to hit another trough at just the right time ????.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

I would celebrate Boris's downfall much more if there was a sensible replacement at hand. The fear of Dianne Abbot being chancellor,Lammy being anywhere or Corbyn arming his way back in is palpable. Personally I'd like to see that mr.Brexit Nigel Farage be PM. He knows how to get stuff done.

Good point, neither party have any real clue how to run the country.

Certainly Nigel Farage couldn't do any worse than the clowns at the helm right now!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

On your ambulance point - the problem, caused by NHS mismanagement and Covid staffing, is that in many health authorities there is currently little capacity to admit, in a timely fashion, patients arriving by ambulance. There are free beds, there are doctors, but the system is screwed up. So ambulances sit at A&E for hours waiting to offload before they can be sent out again.

My 90 year old mum fell very ill on Monday, vomiting, incoherent, in great pain. We called an ambulance at 1 pm. It never showed, despite three follow up calls to 999 and being told at 9 pm (!) that one would be blue lighted out to our rural location. Oh, and being told to get the local defibrillator ready. I don't blame the Tories for this.

But back on topic - time for Johnson to go before he does even more damage to the Conservatives. Although I suspect people are sick and tired of the sorry pack of them, not that Labour are any more edifying. 

Sorry to hear about your Mother.

But you're wasting your time trying to explain to this poster that Boris doesn't actually manage the ambulances. He'd blame the Tories for the floods in Sydney...

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, baboon said:

You might want to check out how many resignations there have been in the past 24 hours and still going on as we speak...

I could count them on one hand.

I'm not concerned. If Boris goes then he goes. The Conservatives will retain power, hopefully with a PM who doesn't lean to the left every time his wife puts a silly idea in his head.

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Sorry to hear about your Mother.

But you're wasting your time trying to explain to this poster that Boris doesn't actually manage the ambulances. He'd blame the Tories for the floods in Sydney...

Boris is PM, he’s running the country (remember).

He might not believe’ the buck stops at his desk’ but it does.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Boris is PM, he’s running the country (remember).

He might not believe’ the buck stops at his desk’ but it does.

Javid was health minister. He's gone and will now be replaced by someone more competent.

Edited by JonnyF

2 minutes ago, baboon said:

Because you aren't paying attention...

Javid and Sunak won't be missed, especially Sunak. They've been replaced already.

Laura Trott is insignificant. Any other 'also rans' gone yet?

Like I said, if Boris goes he goes. He was starting to lean too far to the left with some of his policies anyway.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

41% of Tory MPs have already definitely put themselves out of the running.

Still more than 200 to choose from. That's what happens when you get a massive majority.

Thanks Labour, keep up the Wokery, it's a real vote winner.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Quite so. Even when you get thru to 999, they have people answering that aren't trained properly.

https://news.sky.com/story/lord-winston-accuses-999-call-handler-of-wasting-time-as-wife-lay-dying-in-his-arms-12646058

• Like 2