Crisis for Boris Johnson as Sunak and Javid lead wave of resignations from UK government

CharlieH

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

Welsh farmers, British pensioners in Spain. Other groups who have shot themselves in the foot.

Still, they knew what they were voting for.

The Welsh farmers seem a lot happier than the Dutch farmers.

46 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

May resigned out of shame for her treasonous acts of colluding with the EU against her own country during BRINO negotiations.

As PM, May was flawed in many ways, but she was pragmatic and realised (somewhat belatedly) that alienating the country's biggest trading partner was an act of self-harm.

She resigned because the unholy alliance of the anti-European, borderline xenophobic ERG and opportunistic factions (not mutually exclusive) within her own party brought her down.

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

She should have been removed from the Conservative party.

Expelling a former PM wouldn't have been a good look even by Tory party standards, although I'm sure that Rees-Mogg and his motley band would have welcomed it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

As PM, May was flawed in many ways, but she was pragmatic and realised (somewhat belatedly) that alienating the country's biggest trading partner was an act of self-harm.

She resigned because the unholy alliance of the anti-European, borderline xenophobic ERG and opportunistic factions (not mutually exclusive) within her own party brought her down.

Expelling a former PM wouldn't have been a good look even by Tory party standards, although I'm sure that Rees-Mogg and his motley band would have welcomed it.

Move on, Brexit was years ago. 

38 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Then again, your report did say 

"the UK has not seen the large relative decline in its exports to the EU many predicted,"

'

Probably not as large as expected, but they did decline in 2020 and 2021. As you rightly mentioned, there was also a pandemic, so It's difficult to draw conclusions from it. 

Anyway, as I mentioned, the report is prospective.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

This could be an opportunity for the UK to have a proper Conservative party again led by Britains most renowned Conservative. Mogg. Wish I could vote.

If only, but it will not happen.   It's going to be a globalist puppet like Jeremy Hunt.  

It is over game over checkmate ...as they showed him " the straightjacket "???? he go resign...

Source Sky newsreporters on Downingstreet 10

Edited by david555

2 hours ago, candide said:

Probably not as large as expected, but they did decline in 2020 and 2021. As you rightly mentioned, there was also a pandemic, so It's difficult to draw conclusions from it. 

Anyway, as I mentioned, the report is prospective.

it appears Boris will stay until end of Summer and right after that the Tories will rush re-applying to get back into the EU.... karma comes and goes   555