BREAKING NEWS ! Boris Johnson to resign as Prime Minister

CharlieH

21 minutes ago, billd766 said:

About the same as when I voted to leave years ago. This time I will just be an interested observer as my vote ran out last year. It might be back in July 2023 though.

As for the books I am currently updating my master list of authors as I do twice a year. I m down to the last 5 or 6 on my tablet before I need to add more. I have about 190 single books and around 150 authors with multiple books to choose from. 

I have just read several books by Rhys Bowen, Some I liked and a couple I have dumped after 50 or 100 pages.

PM sent..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seppius said:

BJ certainly made UK politics interesting.

Ben Wallace for me

One of the cabinet who stayed loyal.

Interestingly being reported as the favourite amongst Tory party membership. - outside the Westminster bubble!

Me, I am waiting for Michael Gove to declare his candidacy, and then knife himself in the back!

Strange fellow - a very astute political commentator but seemingly incapable of applying that astuteness to himself!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

One of the cabinet who stayed loyal.

Interestingly being reported as the favourite amongst Tory party membership. - outside the Westminster bubble!

Me, I am waiting for Michael Gove to declare his candidacy, and then knife himself in the back!

Strange fellow - a very astute political commentator but seemingly incapable of applying that astuteness to himself!

Rolled up banknotes and mirrors. That's why...

4 hours ago, baboon said:

It's part of his image as a 'loveable buffoon'. He does it deliberately. That and walk around looking like he slept in a skip.

It's all completely fake and manufactured, just like everything else about him.

There is a political personality in the US named Steve Bannon.  A heavy boozer with a strawberry nose who always manages to look like he slept through the night wherever it was he passed out, but supposedly he is a rather wealthy man.  Perhaps it was he that helped BoJo create that image.   Oh yeah, I should mention that he is an evangelist of the world fascist initiative and one of the people who advised DT to attain the White House.  In Memo from Turner, in the movie "Performance" there is the phrase "the man who squats behind the man."  That's him.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, EricTh said:

Any reason why he always leave his hair uncombed and unkempt?

Have you not noticed how megalomaniac dictators always have weird hair?

Kim Jong-un, Trump, Hitler, Gaddafi and Boris all have weird hair.....

Not a UK citizen, but I still feel a sense of "good riddance". I will remember him for hijacking T. May's deal by adding a blatant lie about the customs check then be heralded as some kind of Brexit hero.  And for the "we are different from the commoners" parties during Covid. Even yesterday I didn't see the attitude of someone resigning, he wouldn't leave until they literally showed him the door out.

To be fair, honor to the UK for being still sufficiently democratic to be able to take him down. Something I wish the EU was able to do with von der Leyen & co.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Johnson couldn’t even get resigning right.

He’s trying to fob the nation off with ‘resignation from the Leader of the Tory Party’ while staying on as Prime Minister.

Some body needs to tell him:

Leave means Leave.

I am going to say it again 555 .... he's worse then a bad cold, hard to get rid off but I do think today the 1922 Committee will set him straight to the door

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Legally and technically, it can be undone - all it requires is for the UK to re-apply for membership.

Whether that is likely to happen though, is a different question altogether.

Although it is perhaps interesting to note that one of the most recent opinion polls on this shows a majority in the UK are in favour of re-joining.

Joining or Staying Out of the EU

heard from some friends over there in the UK, have nothing to confirm their comments besides hearsay, the current feeling to re join/going back to the EU is around 70+ percent,

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, candide said:

Just one quote from the article I linked:

"While additional trade with other counties could offset some of the decline in trade with the EU, none of the agreements concluded to date are of a sufficient scale to have a material impact on our forecast," the OBR stated.

Loiner, where are you? ????

he had it all!!!  but I guess it was not enough that he had to screw everything up

• Like 2