BREAKING NEWS ! Boris Johnson to resign as Prime Minister

CharlieH

6 hours ago, Loiner said:

How long do you think it takes to build a hospital?

I was project manager on a small private hospital that we began in August 2009 and completed in November 2010.  The size is irrelevant though - it all depends on how many people you throw at it. With modern, semi-modular building methods, there is no need for a hospital to take several years to build. Semi-modular also makes changes and future adaptations relatively simple.

Conversely, can you tell me which of Boris's hospitals are underway - Boris's note, not ones that were already underway when he took over.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I suspect he’s got to the middle of next week.

Agreed - especially as it seems he's already started meddling in the election of a new leader - trying to torpedo Sunak according to new reports tonight.  My money's on Raab taking over as deputy. They need rid of Boris immediately.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I may be wrong on the exact wording of his claims, I also may not be wrong - I really can't be bothered looking.  What I do know is that his story at the time was a complete fabrication - much the same as his claims that no lockdown rules were broken and there were no parties.

No, his claims were not a complete fabrication , the E.U did indeed have laws about bananas not being an abnormal shape, like being  too bendy .

E.U had rules about the shape of bananas .

Also , what is a "party" ?

Drinks after work in the office to mark a colleague leaving their job ?

Some people may consider that to be a party, others may not and he also thought that he was staying within the rules

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

The man's a con artist - full of words, full of promises - tell me, what has he actually done?  What did he achieve as Mayor of London - apart from wasting £43 million of taxpayer's money on a bridge that never got built.

Although Boris did support the idea of the Garden Bridge , he had little to do with it and there were many people involved and he wasn't responsible for it being built or its demise 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_Bridge

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That isn't correct .

Miles and MPH have always been used interchangeably with kilometres  .

Recently the laws forcing people to use metric were dropped , but no one wants to go back to Imperial and thus metric is still used . 

Think you are confused.  My comment was  regarding MPH in the UK, not the metric system in general but perhaps you simply didn't read all of my post or choose in your usual manner to be deflective simply to create an argument.. 

I stated "well they are still fighting tooth and nail to use miles and miles per hour so I wouldn't hold out much hope of the nation agreeing to that."

MPH are on all road signs in the UK as one example or perhaps you are confused as to what it stands for ? Its Miles Per Hour ???? More of your inaccurate rubbish. Move away from the bar, think you have had enough for one day ????

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Excel said:

Think you are confused.  My comment was  regarding MPH in the UK, not the metric system in general but perhaps you simply didn't read all of my post or choose in your usual manner to be deflective simply to create an argument.. 

I stated "well they are still fighting tooth and nail to use miles and miles per hour so I wouldn't hold out much hope of the nation agreeing to that."

MPH are on all road signs in the UK as one example or perhaps you are confused as to what it stands for ? Its Miles Per Hour ???? More of your inaccurate rubbish. Move away from the bar, think you have had enough for one day ????

And for the avoidance of doubt, contradictions or smart a""d replies my reference to MPH on all road signs in the UK was specifically for all road signs denoting speed limits or other speed limitations or advisory speed notices.

5 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I was project manager on a small private hospital that we began in August 2009 and completed in November 2010. 

Conversely, can you tell me which of Boris's hospitals are underway - Boris's note, not ones that were already underway when he took over.

I heard that 4 hospital have been built during his time in office.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Or maybe she does a good job representing her constituency rather than old school chums.

Perhaps in her constituency they are her old school chums, her "language" does seem to back that up.....????

5 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

He isn't Trump and the UK isn't the USA.  His resignation has been accepted and there's not a hope of it being undone.

He might as well be Trump and the UK might as well be the USA.

He resigned as party leader, not PM, a clear indication he is up to something. That, and his word is worth nothing anyway.

But don't get me wrong: the sooner you are back on here telling me you told me so, the better.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, baboon said:

He might as well be Trump and the UK might as well be the USA.

He resigned as party leader, not PM, a clear indication he is up to something. That, and his word is worth nothing anyway.

But don't get me wrong: the sooner you are back on here telling me you told me so, the better.

Yes, he is going to leave politics, so I heard......????

Just now, bannork said:

I wonder if Rees Mogg will run. This colourised photo taken in the 1920s shows how dapper he and his offspring were 

20220710_102117.jpg

Very funny, now do one of your Corby's ex right hand lady, Dianne Abbott....????

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

I heard that 4 hospital have been built during his time in office.

As Arthur Fallowfield, the farmer character in the legendary Radio 4 comedy series’ Beyond our Ken and Round the Horne, would have said, “The arnswer loies in the soil”, and it is in here somewhere, depending on the variation of "new hospital".

https://www.bbc.com/news/59372348

• Thanks 1