Eleven Conservatives now bidding to be next UK prime minister

CharlieH

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Your lack of an on topic response says it all really. You know he only has himself to blame.

I was making the point that it was also the relentless anti Tory media negative bias reporting which was also a contribution to his downfall .

The regular regurgitated  banana story was an example of that 

I'd like to ask the two candidates how they will deal with the inevitable long delays at ports when mandatory biometric checks come into force later this year for all non-EU citizens entering the EU. 

Everyone will have to get out of their vehicles to be checked. It should make the current six hours wait at Dover seem like the blink of an eye 

Of course the Tories haven't helped the situation with a cutback on booths' construction.

20220723_140713.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Only a Tory could blame the media and state the media are anti Tory. Any casual observer will reach a different conclusion.

Well , I was referring to the vociferous left wing media who regularly write anti Tory/Boris articles and I didn't actually blame them for his downfall , what I did actually say was  they were contribution to his downfall

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, bannork said:

There were never these delays when we were in the EU, seamless travel and trade as part of the EU.

Now we're a third country, an outsider, the red tape, restrictions and prohibitive costs for access are hurting the UK in multiple ways.

Brexit- the economic elephant in the room that future leaders of the UK will have to face.

Apparently now there are 12 booths uk side that should be staffed by the French, yesterday only 6 were staffed, due to some 'technical issues '.

The photo was from 2016.

20220723_093931.jpg

Edited by roo860

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well , I was referring to the vociferous left wing media who regularly write anti Tory/Boris articles and I didn't actually blame them for his downfall , what I did actually say was  they were contribution to his downfall

If the "vociferous left wing media" is as influential as you suggest, why hasn't it translated into election victories for Labour?

Re Johnson in particular: Johnson supplied an awful lot of tinder to light the fire.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, transam said:

This thread is not about Brexit that the UK populace voted on..????

Don't you think that the ongoing fall-out from Brexit is still relevant to today's political discussion?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, RayC said:

If the "vociferous left wing media" is as influential as you suggest, why hasn't it translated into election victories for Labour?

Re Johnson in particular: Johnson supplied an awful lot of tinder to light the fire.

Because the majority of British voters don't trust them 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bannork said:

I'd like to ask the two candidates how they will deal with the inevitable long delays at ports when mandatory biometric checks come into force later this year for all non-EU citizens entering the EU. 

'It isn't happening and anyway, it is all the EU's fault. Everything is.'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Because the majority of British voters don't trust them 

Which supports the view that the "vociferous left-wing media" aren't as influential as the Johnson apologists would have us believe.

• Like 2

I would like to ask the two candidates about the issue of Channel crossing migrants now Rwanda has announced they only have room for a maximum of 200 migrants. 

In addition, the UK has paid Rwanda £120 million in spite of the fact not one migrant has been sent.

Who is responsible for this farce, Patel or Truss?

20220723_190212.jpg

4 minutes ago, bannork said:

I would like to ask the two candidates about the issue of Channel crossing migrants now Rwanda has announced they only have room for a maximum of 200 migrants. 

In addition, the UK has paid Rwanda £120 million in spite of the fact not one migrant has been sent.

Who is responsible for this farce, Patel or Truss?

20220723_190212.jpg

I doubt very much that either Sunak or Truss read or post on these forums .

But once again, well done for managing to  squeeze an off topic post/subject in by mentioning the topic .

Hopefully no one will notice and you'll get away with it 

19 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I doubt very much that either Sunak or Truss read or post on these forums .

But once again, well done for managing to  squeeze an off topic post/subject in by mentioning the topic .

Hopefully no one will notice and you'll get away with it 

Not off topic at all. The 11 are now only two, every day they are announcing their contrasting policies on various issues to woo the blue rinse brigade.

Now the Rwanda proposal for Channel migrants has descended into a joke, it will be interesting to see their responses to the inevitable questions from reporters. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RayC said:

So you didn't approve of Sunak's furlough scheme? You would have preferred that workers were made redundant during the pandemic, and that businesses went bust?

China and the US have grown more rapidly than the UK during this period. Russia has not, and has been even more economically mismanaged than the UK.

Brexit was in 2016. The Tories had already been in power for 6 years. Six years of unnecessary austerity politics instigated by 'Boy' George, followed by an unnecessary event (Brexit) caused by 'Call me Dave' gambling his own and the country's political future; weak leadership by May, who was undermined by her own party;  3 years being led by an opportunist chancer, and now the prospect of being led by a political chameleon. 

12 years in power. How long before these promised benefits arrive?

Brexit was NOT in 2016. Its a long drawn  out process that started in 2019, then interrupted  by covid and will take at least 5 more years. As far as most Brexiteers are concerned Brexit has not started!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RayC said:

So you didn't approve of Sunak's furlough scheme? You would have preferred that workers were made redundant during the pandemic, and that businesses went bust?

China and the US have grown more rapidly than the UK during this period. Russia has not, and has been even more economically mismanaged than the UK.

Brexit was in 2016. The Tories had already been in power for 6 years. Six years of unnecessary austerity politics instigated by 'Boy' George, followed by an unnecessary event (Brexit) caused by 'Call me Dave' gambling his own and the country's political future; weak leadership by May, who was undermined by her own party;  3 years being led by an opportunist chancer, and now the prospect of being led by a political chameleon. 

12 years in power. How long before these promised benefits arrive?

Benefits of a conservative government or benefits of  Brexit?

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Brexit was NOT in 2016. Its a long drawn  out process that started in 2019, then interrupted  by covid and will take at least 5 more years. As far as most Brexiteers are concerned Brexit has not started!

But Boris said it was done, an oven ready deal. Boris had fixed it. No need to think about Brexit anymore.

As it happens Boris was telling a porkie, one of many to come 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It's far more complicated than left wing media. The DM also railed against BJ. The cultural  elite who hate and fear populism and feared the power of people who voted for Brexit and Boris were his undoing. It is not vociferous its insidious. The BBC, the tone most newspapers, the messaging from the intellectual and seat's of academia hated BJ and they got their own way. Over what? A slice of birthday  cake and a pathetic  bum pincher! Boris was no worse than  Thatcher, Blair,  Cameron, Peel, Lord Liverpool etc none whom had more 'integrity' than Johnson who was stitched up.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bannork said:

Everyone will have to get out of their vehicles to be checked. It should make the current six hours wait at Dover seem like the blink of an eye 

Of course the Tories haven't helped the situation with a cutback on booths' construction.

20220723_140713.jpg

No good you asking them on ANN they won't hear you. We can't be squandering tax money when times are hard.

If those people don't like being screwed around by the French and forced to queue for hours, they shouldn't go by ferry to France. Best they don't go to France to spend at all. 

Although it should never have happened, this is not a major problem for the whole of the UK. Most don't go by ferry anyway. They are probably all Southern Remainers who are still kicking up a fuss for the anti-Brexit anti-Boris MSM.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bannork said:

But Boris said it was done, an oven ready deal. Boris had fixed it. No need to think about Brexit anymore.

As it happens Boris was telling a porkie, one of many to come 

That was quite clearly a prediction of how future negotiations would proceed .

It was a prediction 

• Like 1