Thai stats indicate BA.4, BA.5 likely more serious than other COVID sub-variants

snoop1130

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

The question now is .... is it more serious or not more serious??? To be or not to be ... that is the question...Or is it just talk to impress people with nothing?

The question is, "Is it a public health emergency?" 

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

The question now is .... is it more serious or not more serious??? To be or not to be ... that is the question...Or is it just talk to impress people with nothing?

Nope, not 2B it's BA4 or BA5.

Sorry.

Edited by overherebc

This is Thai non scientific nonsense. The The BA.4 and BA.5 variants do infect more people than the older omicron variants but they are not more lethal. The reason why we see the hospitals get filled up is just a numbers game. A small percentage of a larger population will yield a larger number of patients.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhatsNext said:

O my god more dangerous ! Quickly extend the state of emergency, because really that is what it's all about ; the power not the virus.

Media BS ....the last sentence makes it clear to anyone who bothers to read more than the headline.....

He admitted, however, that the number of cases examined by the Department of Medical Sciences is not enough to determine with certainty that BA.4 and BA.5 are more serious.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

How about not being such a 'snowflake' living in fear of such a little virus?  How about not being so scared that you won't go outside unless you wear double masks and a face shield, plastic gloves and keep washing yourself down the hand sanitizer. ????

I don't live in fear.  I'm vaccinated ????

I also don't wear masks because.. you know.. I'm vaccinated.

I do wash myself regularly tho, but that's just good hygiene.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Not so easy to Work from Home I reckon

You are correct. It isn't that airplanes don't have good air filtration. They do. Yet, people were asking in 2019 how come a Chinese virus went to the UK. Ahem. ????

3 hours ago, Purdey said:

You are correct. It isn't that airplanes don't have good air filtration. They do. Yet, people were asking in 2019 how come a Chinese virus went to the UK. Ahem. ????

??? We are talking about pilots and cabin crew, don't we?

11 hours ago, bestie said:

Hard to say and to accept it, but there isn't any way that life is coming back to "normal". Like we know it before Covid.

It's here to stay it and so are the restrictions, rising prices, vaccine or mask mandates, tests and so on. Even if you trying to ignoring it, you can't really, because it effects all of us, friends or family. And this isn't normal.  

Hardly anyone cares about those issues over here. No restrictions, no masks or vaccine mandates. Hardly anyone bothers with testing anymore either. It is only sites like this concentrating on covid paranoid countries like Thailand, some Twitter nutters and a few headlines every now and then that remind me of its existence. Otherwise I wouldn't know.

On 7/11/2022 at 8:51 PM, snoop1130 said:

He admitted, however, that the number of cases examined by the Department of Medical Sciences is not enough to determine with certainty that BA.4 and BA.5 are more serious.

Nuff said.

15 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

oh..old news we have "Centaurus" now....

To reduce fear, but which government wants that right ?, we will use happy girly names for new variants and others. Let's start with Pinky or April or Suzanne. 

" you seem to have a cold, yeah it's Suzanne 4b " see how much less scary that is than CENTAURUS. 

The west has gone completely and utterly insane, it makes our home country here in SEA look almost normal. 

Edited by WhatsNext

15 hours ago, paulikens said:

@JayBird no-one is scared of a needle but the people who dont want a vaccine or a booster have a right to decide what they put in their body.   

The argument I often hear about why one does not want to have the shot are arguments that I find hard to accept:

-- 5G chips

-- Made from dead babies

-- Lizardmen blood

-- Bill gates will monitor me

-- CIA is tracking me

-- It will change my DNA and I'll turn into a lizard man

It's hard for me to agree with that reasoning.  If they come up with more coherent arguments:

-- I do not care if I get sick and make others sick

-- Keeping my body pure from this vaccine is more important than helping keep the community safe

-- I have medical conditions that make this dangerous for me

Then I may or may not agree with their position, but at least it is a coherent reasoning that I can understand.

But given that our bodies are so full of junk already, a vaccine booster is probably the cleanest thing to get put in it ????

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, JayBird said:

The argument I often hear about why one does not want to have the shot are arguments that I find hard to accept:

-- 5G chips

-- Made from dead babies

-- Lizardmen blood

-- CIA is tracking me

It's hard for me to agree with that reasoning.  If they come up with more coherent arguments:

-- Keeping my body pure from this vaccine is more important than helping keep the community safe

Then I may or may not agree with their position, but at least it is a coherent reasoning that I can understand.

But given that our bodies are so full of junk already, a vaccine booster is probably the cleanest thing to get put in it ????

@JayBird i don't think you heard the reasons you quoted often.  most people reasons are as i said its their choice what they put in their bodies and they choose not to which is their right, and you say our bodies are full of junk already, whatever is in anyone's body junk or not has still been put there by choice.     

Edited by paulikens

On 7/13/2022 at 9:05 AM, JayBird said:

-- 5G chips

-- Made from dead babies

-- Lizardmen blood

-- CIA is tracking me

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaccinelonghauler/

7 hours ago, smiggley said:

What happened to the common cold or influenza have they disappeared because of new covid strains?????

We have had less of them due to the Covid measures.... and change in behaviour. I had my first cold for many many months in June.... 

I don't believe Covid strains have affected them directly but obviously less about. 

7 hours ago, smiggley said:

What happened to the common cold or influenza have they disappeared because of new covid strains?????

No it is around and this year a lot (in Europe) . However there is a huge outbreak going on , but since most are vaccinated and came in contact with Covid before , the health risks are increasingly less then before . I had covid last month , and on the place i work , i know and heard of several others who are home with positive covid . Many aren't in the statistics anymore , since hospitals are in no way in trouble anymore . Maybe some companies get in trouble because too many get it in too short time frame but that's about it . This will be the case in all other places in this world also . Is covid away , nope , it will never go away anymore . Will it stay a issue ? , well no because it is less and less dangerous .

On 7/14/2022 at 7:04 PM, jacko45k said:

We have had less of them due to the Covid measures.... and change in behaviour. I had my first cold for many many months in June.... 

I don't believe Covid strains have affected them directly but obviously less about. 

@jacko45k????

On 7/12/2022 at 8:05 AM, JayBird said:

It's a vaccine booster shot.  You're not being asked to climb Everest naked or eat a kilo of dung everyday.  Y'all need to stop being such snowflakes and living in fear of a little needle.

Its got FA to do with the needle its the stuff inside   https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/uk-government-data-shows-nobody-should?s=r

• Like 1
  • Haha 1