My Thai Buddy's electric bike.

Kwasaki

7 hours ago, Neilly said:

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/for-the-ride/brand/project-triumph-te-1/phase-4

Still not for me...but I must admit it's getting closer to usable

Yea fully agree! It's not there yet but getting closer every year. If they shave off another 20kg, add 50+km more range and the price becomes reasonable... I'm pretty confident that we'll see some big progress in the next 10 years in battery tech. 80% charge time in 20min is also nearly at the "good enough" level imho.

I wonder though why it only got a 0-100kph of 3.6s. I would expect better with the crazy torque available. Limitation of the geometry perhaps?

16 hours ago, eisfeld said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Bicycles are illegal in Thailand, then?

Let's not be dense. Of course bicycles without motor are not illegal.

Yes, let's not be "dense" (your word), nor resort to a personal attack or insult, you said that the Act states "No person shall use an unregistered vehicle."

My ever-so-slightly-tongue-in-cheek comment pointed out that a bicycle is a type of vehicle so your claim was false, bicycles can be used legally without registration.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, let's not be "dense" (your word), nor resort to a personal attack or insult, you said that the Act states "No person shall use an unregistered vehicle."

My ever-so-slightly-tongue-in-cheek comment pointed out that a bicycle is a type of vehicle so your claim was false, bicycles can be used legally without registration.

I am not sure what claim of mine is supposed to be false. All I did was quote the Vehicle Act. You were the one that brought up the idea of bicycles being illegal in what you call "ever-so-slightly-tongue-in-cheeck" [sic]. The topic is electricly powered motorcycles and a bicycle clearly does not fall under the definition of Vehicle as per Vehicle Act. Let's move on?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Saw a Thai guy on something similar to this on a footpath in Chiang Rai. Although who would shell out 30K baht on something this flimsy?

scooter.png

You can get nice ones for 15-20k, and good spec'd.   There selling point is portability.

Put 1 or 2 in the trunk, and you got knock around town transport when you arrive somewhere.