Thailand in the rules-based International Order

snoop1130

11 hours ago, gearbox said:

The American "rules based order" is set of principles and rules designed to keep the vast majority of the world forever at the bottom of the food chain. The Chinese villains are attempting to break these rules because they don't want to manufacture cheap t-shirts and thongs forever.

Maybe the Chinese are thinking if Japan can get out of the cheap t-shirts and thongs so can we?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, connda said:

A small handful of Billionaire elites and their political and military henchmen will believe they can weather out the destruction in bunkers.

True enough. But they still need slaves to do the work and for fornication, so they don't turn on each other.

• Like 1

Same old,same old . The good ole US of A dictating its policies to the rest of the world by means of big stick-policy . Meanwhile, racism , gun violence and social inequities abound in America . To top it all , the right to abortion has just been banned by the supreme court . Time for the countries of the world to decide their own fate , that is if Big Brothers USA , Russia and China will let them. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

37 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

It means this is an informal way of the US HELPING countries like Thailand, if they are willing to follow the US rules.

It's an alternate to China's BELT & ROAD initiative, which will eventually make every country in Asia dependent upon China's rules (or else).

When's the last time the US invaded a country for permanent occupation?

Name one country.

China?

Tibet.

And now they're gearing up to invade Taiwan.

Hey.  Asian countries don't have to play by America's rules.

You can be subsumed by China.

Up to you. ????

A bit late for that,

If Thailand does anything that upsets China much they can just turn off the Mekong river...

• Haha 1

Just now, RichardColeman said:

I'd be more interested to know which countries - if any - would come to Thailand's aid if they got invaded. If the countries surrounding Thailand invaded, none of the outside world would really give a hoot and probably say 'whatever'

Do they have any treaties or alliances to fall back on? I bet China would come to help providing they were not the antagonists. 

Ukraine is not getting the support I would have expected prior, is that indicative of how countries really would react?

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I'd be more interested to know which countries - if any - would come to Thailand's aid if they got invaded. If the countries surrounding Thailand invaded, none of the outside world would really give a hoot and probably say 'whatever'

But Thailand's armed forces must be the best equipped in the world; they have more generals with lots of medals to deter all surrounding countries from attacking.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

China, as it would be the invading force! Are you any good at making T-shirts? 

1 hour ago, CygnusX1 said:

Yes, to all the anti-Westerners “America’s the cause of all the world’s ills” out there, would you really want to live in a world in which Russia or China was the dominant power?

Those posters are probably cccp plants 

2 hours ago, zyphodb said:

A bit late for that,

If Thailand does anything that upsets China much they can just turn off the Mekong river...

Why worry about Thailand and Chinese control. 80% of Thais are Chinese anyway. 

I'd rather be a chink than a yank they say. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NightSky said:

lets hope China or Russia don't take the reigns, at that point we really would be screwed

And that's why I'm not anti-American like most of my American friends; this is no joke. But Blinken's vision doesn't really seem to go beyond maintaining the post WWII status quo, which isn't enough.