(UK) Ambulance services branded on brink of collapse

CharlieH

20 minutes ago, Stupooey said:

Both parties get kicked out eventually. Between 1945 and 2010, when they were last 'kicked out', Labour were in power for 30 of the 65 years, not far short of half the time. You conveniently forgot about Ramsay MacDonald's governments, but facts never get in the way of a good Tory story.

I haven't forgotten anything, chum, the fact remains, Labour have had the reigns for just 25% of the time, that is fact, ask Dianne.....????

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No it’s not free.

The NHS is paid for by taxes, tge people in the queue are paying for the service they are not receiving.

So everyone in that queue pays/paid taxes......?   ????

So everyone in that queue didn't get seen......?........????

You can do better than that, err, perhaps not...????

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, bannork said:

A long queue of people  waiting outside for A&E treatment at Northampton Hospital yesterday.

20220717_130303.jpg

They don't look desperately sick. Stood in the sun in a heatwave?

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

They don't look desperately sick. Stood in the sun in a heatwave?

I think the photo was actually taken on Thursday or Friday, not Saturday, prior to heatwave perhaps. They may not be desperately ill but when told a doctor's appointment is weeks or months away, many will head to the A&E.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stupooey said:

You are very quick to lay blame on Tony Blair and Labour, but then attribute the deterioration of the NHS on Trust status, the brainchild of Thatcher and the Tories. A hint of political bias, maybe?

6 hours ago, RayC said:

Tory supporters only defence against the charge that the NHS has deteriorated progressively under their watch is to mock Diane Abbott. Says it all.

If Labour haven’t got the balls to remove that embarrassment from their party how can you expect them to take the tough decisions required to run a country?

It’s symbolic. If you can’t fix a small issue you can’t fix a big issue.

I support leaving her there. She embodies the party perfectly and ensures they won’t return to power.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, transam said:

I haven't forgotten anything, chum, the fact remains, Labour have had the reigns for just 25% of the time, that is fact, ask Dianne.....????

Cut the insults and admit you are just manipulating statistics to fit your argument.

• Haha 1

It seems most of the complaints are about non essential patients at hospitals, not the ambulance service.???? 

London ambulance service still have an average 7 minute response to class I calls. 

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You stated it is free.

You are wrong, it’s not free.

I think you are just trying to be clever, but, did any of those "UK" folk in that queue get a bill from the NHS....Yes or No....?

The fact is, no UK citizen gets a bill for NHS hospital treatment, is that correct...Yes or No....?

No UK citizen gets a bill for using a UK G.P. doctor, is that correct...Yes or No...?

How the NHS is funded is another story, and yes, it has to be funded, but by giving UK individuals a bill, naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stupooey said:

The use of the word "chum" in this context. Okay, perhaps more condescension than insult, but still not acceptable.

Eeeer, where I come from it's a common word for friend, but never mind, you can think what you like, eh.....????

• Like 1

Just because all the vans are parked at an overloaded hospital in Northampton, doesn't mean they won't attend if one is having a heart attack or had a road traffic collision.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Just because all the vans are parked at an overloaded hospital in Northampton, doesn't mean they won't attend if one is having a heart attack or had a road traffic collision.

We don’t need photos or conclusions drawn from photos, we have data:

https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/resource/ambulance-response-times#background

• Like 2
  • Confused 1