Appeal to Anutin: Doctors are working 72 hours straight endangering their own health

webfact

Here in Australia we are in a similar position. All staff are overworked, not getting any time off, and shortages due to Covid. Nurses are quitting in large numbers. In todays paper there was an article about a country town up north where a doctor is being offered A$2700 per week to work there ! Our health service is crumbling.

1 hour ago, Alcat said:

Here in Australia we are in a similar position. All staff are overworked, not getting any time off, and shortages due to Covid. Nurses are quitting in large numbers. In todays paper there was an article about a country town up north where a doctor is being offered A$2700 per week to work there ! Our health service is crumbling.

Isn't this a normal salary for a doctor?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

medical practitioners were working 72 hours without a break. 

Oh really! When I lived in Thailand, my local Government Hospital always closed from noon to 1pm for lunch break. If I had not seen a doctor by noon, I was told to come back to the clinic (diabetic in my case) after 1pm. The diabetic clinic was closed completely during weekends.

Well, he is not a doctor so he probably won't share their concerns..

All jokes aside, this has been happening even before Covid and in all parts of the world. The world overall healthcare system is melting and medical staff have had enough of being exploited until they burn out.

Maybe, just maybe... Governments should start thinking about the root of the problem. Medical studies are hard, long AND expensive. It is often that doctors come from well to do families. Let's make medical studies more approachable (lower school fees, accommodations assistance and plenty of other things can be done to support medical students). Yes, it will cost money. But, not only is it worth it, it is paramount.

• Like 1

Respect and appreciation for all medical staff that have been on the front line

helping those that have been taken sick from Covid in the last couple of years.

It's been chaotic for them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Oh really! When I lived in Thailand, my local Government Hospital always closed from noon to 1pm for lunch break. If I had not seen a doctor by noon, I was told to come back to the clinic (diabetic in my case) after 1pm. The diabetic clinic was closed completely during weekends.

Definitely a shortage of qualified doctors in Sakon Nakhon.

It's a hospital in name only.  We usually head to Udon Thani if one of us is ill. 

There's no way Sakon Nakhon Hospital could manage a big wave. 

• Thanks 1

They fear monger the Thai citizens into a total mess

then complain when they go to the doctors for the slightest sniffle

If the doctors want a break get rid of Anutin completely

Educate the Thai's when to actually seek medical attention instead of flooding hospitals needlessly

17 hours ago, Alcat said:

You will have to be more liberal and bring more in from the Philippines and India.