COVID Cases Spike After Long Holiday

snoop1130

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The situation hasn't changed at all in that year.

Omicron booster from Pfizer will replace the vaccine used previously - there's a reason they won't continue to use the old vaccine once the new one is approved and available.

Do you have any idea why that might be the case?

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The situation hasn't changed at all in that year.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, and ,as it follows the "official " narrative, it probably won't get deleted or edited...

I have had 3 shots as I said before in a previous post.  However I still recognise the fact that people have a right not to be vaccinated and I don't consider them to be "crazed retards"  Why would I ?   or more to the point why do you?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

You are of course entitled to your opinion, and ,as it follows the "official " narrative, it probably won't get deleted or edited...

I have had 3 shots as I said before in a previous post.  However I still recognise the fact that people have a right not to be vaccinated and I don't consider them to be "crazed retards"  Why would I ?   or more to the point why do you?

Oh, that's real easy. Refusal to get vaccinated results in more people dying than otherwise would have, hence the crazed retards epithet. It isn't a personal rights issue, it's a public health and safety issue amid a dangerous and high;y contagious disease.

• Haha 2

Had/have Covid this week, and it wasn't the holiday, one of my girls brought it back from school. The only one who didn't get [so far] is my wife who had a Moderna booster som 4 weeks ago. 

Interestingly there were all sorts of symptoms, as far as I am concerned it was/is mostly fatigue with a strange feeling of having fever without the temperature, some cough, a bit of a running nose, and that's about it. So wear a mask and get your boosters.

Also I didn't go to see a doctor even though I am nearly 70, with several conditions. These idiots would have tried to admit me in some third world hospital and given me drugs no one prescribes where we come from. I'll continue to do so until I can visit a Private hospital and come home with a full load of Paxlovid.

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Serious condition hospitalizations from COVID in Thailand have increased 42% over the past month from 608 to 868 cases as of Friday, the highest number in the past month. (393 of those are unable to breathe on their own and have required intubation.)

New COVID deaths, 25 reported on Friday, was the second highest daily total of the past month.

Current total hospitalizations for COVID reached 11,624 on Friday, the highest total of the past month.

All the key COVID indicators for Thailand -- hospitalizations, serious condition hospitalizations and deaths -- are, and have been, on the upswing.

2022-07-22.thumb.jpg.7ae3a9a9075c2edc7d979159096066bd.jpg

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/?dashboard=30-days

......and there are loads of farangs on this blog who will deny.......blind and deaf.

A friend told me all over again you can't fix stupidity.????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

Had/have Covid this week, and it wasn't the holiday, one of my girls brought it back from school. The only one who didn't get [so far] is my wife who had a Moderna booster som 4 weeks ago. 

Interestingly there were all sorts of symptoms, as far as I am concerned it was/is mostly fatigue with a strange feeling of having fever without the temperature, some cough, a bit of a running nose, and that's about it. So wear a mask and get your boosters.

Also I didn't go to see a doctor even though I am nearly 70, with several conditions. These idiots would have tried to admit me in some third world hospital and given me drugs no one prescribes where we come from. I'll continue to do so until I can visit a Private hospital and come home with a full load of Paxlovid.

Be careful. Half the drugs you're on would probably have to be stopped during treatment with paxlovid. Important ones like blood pressure and anti-coagulants.

Edited by ozimoron

36 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Be careful. Half the drugs you're on would probably have to be stopped during treatment with paxlovid. Important ones like blood pressure and anti-coagulants.

That may be true but have no fear, some private hospitals here will no doubt offer alternatives and be twice or three times the price of those that you noted.  ???? Infact many make you feel that you have entered a sales outlet rather than a hospital.  But if people convince themselves the more you pay the better it is that's fine, let them.

Edited by Excel
  • Haha 1

We should have the option to keep wearing masks indoors, and in crowded place. And skip masking outdoors, if we choose to. And there should never be a need to mask up on a motorbike. 

Endless boosters will likely not end this. Common sense will. Let us not allow fear to prevail. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

We should have the option to keep wearing masks indoors, and in crowded place. And skip masking outdoors, if we choose to. And there should never be a need to mask up on a motorbike. 

Endless boosters will likely not end this. Common sense will. Let us not allow fear to prevail. 

As I understand it that's the status quo in Thailand now.

Last night I even saw one of the local 711 staff not wearing a mask late at night.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Serious condition hospitalizations from COVID in Thailand have increased 42% over the past month from 608 to 868 cases as of Friday, the highest number in the past month. (393 of those are unable to breathe on their own and have required intubation.)

New COVID deaths, 25 reported on Friday, was the second highest daily total of the past month.

Current total hospitalizations for COVID reached 11,624 on Friday, the highest total of the past month.

All the key COVID indicators for Thailand -- hospitalizations, serious condition hospitalizations and deaths -- are, and have been, on the upswing.

2022-07-22.thumb.jpg.7ae3a9a9075c2edc7d979159096066bd.jpg

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/?dashboard=30-days

At one stage, during darker days with COVID, I found your statistical analysis interesting and informative,

Appreciate your efforts but frankly it is not useful anymore and it just rings of scaremongering, we are entering the end game....

Researching and presenting statistics on a daily increase from 15-30 deaths a day is meaningless.

From the OP :

From July 5-17, the average number of ventilator-dependent patients increased from 300 per day to 369 per day while the average number of daily fatalities increased from 16 to 21.  so around 25%-30% of daily road deaths....look forward to the detailed government statistics and actions on that..

Dr Opas also reported an increase in fatalities among the elderly and those with underlying diseases who received their third COVID vaccination dose more than three months ago. yes, we know about risks for elderly & comorbidities after 2.5 years of COVID. Average age of "COVID" death in UK is >80. Detailed information readily available on UK government website from March 2020-present date.

The DDC director-general said people infected with the Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 sub-variants reported experiencing sore throat, irritation and muscle and body aches. He advised those exhibiting any of the symptoms to test themselves immediately and seek medical care at their nearest hospital. 

I see, that might just explain the increase in hospital admissions might it not ? A typically over-cautious Thai public servant advising presenting yourself to hospital even if no or mild symptoms ?...Pre-COVID has anyone else experienced the cultural difference between a Western and Thai doctor ? Go home, take some paracetamol and lie down for a few days vs let me prescribe you 6 different medicines and admit you to hospital ? One Thai doctor even tried to admit me once for a sore throat, once he saw my health insurance would pay out...

The end is nigh, global COVID deaths...

Screenshot 2022-07-22 203552.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

You need to snap out of your trance, it's not a 'dangerous disease', it's very mild and the vast majority of people don't care about it anymore.

‘Not just another wave’: Australia’s Covid hospitalisations reach record levels in several states

Experts warn of worse to come, with most states likely several weeks away from peak hospitalisation rates

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/16/not-just-another-wave-australias-covid-hospitalisations-reach-record-levels-in-several-states

Around 1 in 25 report long COVID with Omicron after three vaccines

18 July 2022

Around 1 in every 25 adults who were triple vaccinated reported long COVID 12 weeks after being infected with the Omicron variants BA.1 or BA.2.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19/latestinsights

WHO: Covid-19 Triples Across Europe, Hospitalisations Double

Earlier this week, editors of two British medical journals said that at no other time in the country's National Health Service have so many parts of it been so close to collapse.

https://www.outlookindia.com/international/who-covid-19-triples-across-europe-hospitalisations-double-news-210404

Super-infectious relatives of the Omicron variant have been driving the new wave of disease across the continent, with repeated infections potentially leading to long COVID.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/7/19/who-warns-pandemic-not-over-as-covid-triples-across-europe

Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told a White House press briefing on 12 July that the seven day average number of hospital admissions for covid-19 was now about 5100, double the number in early May.1

https://www.bmj.com/content/378/bmj.o1770

Edited by ozimoron

55 minutes ago, realfunster said:

At one stage, during darker days with COVID, I found your statistical analysis interesting and informative,

Appreciate your efforts but frankly it is not useful anymore and it just rings of scaremongering, we are entering the end game....

Researching and presenting statistics on a daily increase from 15-30 deaths a day is meaningless.

From the OP :

From July 5-17, the average number of ventilator-dependent patients increased from 300 per day to 369 per day while the average number of daily fatalities increased from 16 to 21.  so around 25%-30% of daily road deaths....look forward to the detailed government statistics and actions on that..

Dr Opas also reported an increase in fatalities among the elderly and those with underlying diseases who received their third COVID vaccination dose more than three months ago. yes, we know about risks for elderly & comorbidities after 2.5 years of COVID. Average age of "COVID" death in UK is >80. Detailed information readily available on UK government website from March 2020-present date.

The DDC director-general said people infected with the Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 sub-variants reported experiencing sore throat, irritation and muscle and body aches. He advised those exhibiting any of the symptoms to test themselves immediately and seek medical care at their nearest hospital. 

I see, that might just explain the increase in hospital admissions might it not ? A typically over-cautious Thai public servant advising presenting yourself to hospital even if no or mild symptoms ?...Pre-COVID has anyone else experienced the cultural difference between a Western and Thai doctor ? Go home, take some paracetamol and lie down for a few days vs let me prescribe you 6 different medicines and admit you to hospital ? One Thai doctor even tried to admit me once for a sore throat, once he saw my health insurance would pay out...

Why do you folks like to equate Road deaths with Covid, that belief is of no true comparison in either accidents or Covid cases and infections, but go on believing there is a correlation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, realfunster said:

From the OP :

You might want to rethink your post as far as the death decreasing.

https://srv1.worldometers.info/coronavirus/weekly-trends/#weekly_table

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

it's not a 'dangerous disease', it's very mild and the vast majority of people don't care about it anymore.

Of course that is your view, and those of us who think otherwise you call fearful, try again and realize that Covid is a serious issue for many, and not just the old with comorbidities.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35071254/

Approximately 91.23% (655/718) of COVID-19 patients were younger than 60 years old

• Haha 1

So 2 years later nobody is wondering if maybe their lifestyle and eating habits could not be the cause of their difficult covid ? No ! you just prefer to inject the so good vaccine and keep your fat belly and unhealthy life.

I got covid, I had half a day headache, then 3 days later I was negative, and I am not young.

Difference between you and me ? I do not eat the <deleted> that you eat and do not drink the <deleted> that you drink !

I also run 1 hour daily since almost 30 years...

So yes, keep injecting the potion if it's your solution in life, but be sure that it won't help you forever...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You might want to rethink your post as far as the death decreasing.

https://srv1.worldometers.info/coronavirus/weekly-trends/#weekly_table

At any given time, both the direction of newly reported COVID cases and new COVID deaths are moving in varying directions in different countries/regions around the world... Note below that both new COVID cases and new COVID deaths are UP week over week in the Southeast Asia region at large.

Johns Hopkins has a good recap of this comparing the most recent week with the prior week:

"The global weekly incidence remained relatively stable after an increasing trend for the past 5 weeks, up 1.54% from the previous week.

At the regional level, the Western Pacific (+37.83%), Americas (+9.53%), and Southeast Asia (+5.25%) experienced increases in new cases, while Europe (-13.88%), the Eastern Mediterranean (-3.88%), and Africa (-21.91%) regions had decreasing trends.

Global weekly mortality also remained stable, rising 0.5% over the previous week with 11,257 total reported deaths.

The number of new weekly deaths increased in the Southeast Asia (+20%), Eastern Mediterranean (+15%), and Americas (+7%) regions, decreased in the Africa (-39%) and Europe (-14%) regions, and remained stable in the Western Pacific region."

• Thanks 1

some guy thinks the situation hasn't changed that  much in one year .    hahaha

well,  No way Reuters would have written this article ,   nor Yayoo printed the COMMENTS .   Ahhh, but

seems even mainstreet Yahoo can no longer ignore what those " anti vax idiots"  are seeing.  Maybe becuase the numbers are growing ?!

https://news.yahoo.com/zealand-covid-19-death-rate-064447359.html

very sad to see this all happening .......   but i for one am not surprised .   

54 minutes ago, wbmjc said:

So 2 years later nobody is wondering if maybe their lifestyle and eating habits could not be the cause of their difficult covid ? No ! you just prefer to inject the so good vaccine and keep your fat belly and unhealthy life.

I got covid, I had half a day headache, then 3 days later I was negative, and I am not young.

Difference between you and me ? I do not eat the <deleted> that you eat and do not drink the <deleted> that you drink !

I also run 1 hour daily since almost 30 years...

So yes, keep injecting the potion if it's your solution in life, but be sure that it won't help you forever...

Well you sound very calm and balanced.  But why do you think your covid experience would be the same as other people's? And might  not some variants be worse than others.

On 7/19/2022 at 5:59 PM, Bday Prang said:

So, for what equates to a very infectious but also very mild dose of flu, an obviously senior doctor recommends leaving the house to seek medical care at hospital.  No wonder they're filling up.

You would think that at this stage, with the world moving towards living with covid and getting on with life, it would be a case of "Oh, you have covid?  Please go to your local pharmacy/clinic to collect a weeks worth of medicine, then isolate for seven days.  Only go to hospital if you experience X symptoms."

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

‘Not just another wave’: Australia’s Covid hospitalisations reach record levels in several states

Experts warn of worse to come, with most states likely several weeks away from peak hospitalisation rates

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/16/not-just-another-wave-australias-covid-hospitalisations-reach-record-levels-in-several-states

Around 1 in 25 report long COVID with Omicron after three vaccines

18 July 2022

Around 1 in every 25 adults who were triple vaccinated reported long COVID 12 weeks after being infected with the Omicron variants BA.1 or BA.2.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19/latestinsights

WHO: Covid-19 Triples Across Europe, Hospitalisations Double

Earlier this week, editors of two British medical journals said that at no other time in the country's National Health Service have so many parts of it been so close to collapse.

https://www.outlookindia.com/international/who-covid-19-triples-across-europe-hospitalisations-double-news-210404

Super-infectious relatives of the Omicron variant have been driving the new wave of disease across the continent, with repeated infections potentially leading to long COVID.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/7/19/who-warns-pandemic-not-over-as-covid-triples-across-europe

Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told a White House press briefing on 12 July that the seven day average number of hospital admissions for covid-19 was now about 5100, double the number in early May.1

https://www.bmj.com/content/378/bmj.o1770

So, if I understand you correctly, what you're saying is that the "vaccines" are totally useless.  Although I've known that all along, I'm surprised to hear you finally admit that.

15 minutes ago, rumak said:

some guy thinks the situation hasn't changed that  much in one year .    hahaha

well,  No way Reuters would have written this article ,   nor Yayoo printed the COMMENTS .   Ahhh, but

seems even mainstreet Yahoo can no longer ignore what those " anti vax idiots"  are seeing.  Maybe becuase the numbers are growing ?!

https://news.yahoo.com/zealand-covid-19-death-rate-064447359.html

very sad to see this all happening .......   but i for one am not surprised .   

There is also a consistency issue we need to clarify with the zealous vaccine supporters. First the vaccines 'are the only way out'. Then, they don't really work but 'they prevent serious illness and death'. Now cases are rising everywhere again so there are 2 options: either it's nothing to be concerned about because (as previously stated) the vaccines 'prevent serious illness and death' or it's an issue because serious illnesses and deaths are still occurring, hence my question: do the vaccines really work and if so, in what way?

Pharma proponents, please enlighten a wretched uneducated and mentally challenged anti-vaxxer such as myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

There is also a consistency issue we need to clarify with the zealous vaccine supporters. First the vaccines 'are the only way out'. Then, they don't really work but 'they prevent serious illness and death'. Now cases are rising everywhere again so there are 2 options: either it's nothing to be concerned about because (as previously stated) the vaccines 'prevent serious illness and death' or it's an issue because serious illnesses and deaths are still occurring, hence my question: do the vaccines really work and if so, in what way?

Pharma proponents, please enlighten a wretched uneducated and mentally challenged anti-vaxxer such as myself.

Brilliant! I likewise await their answers.