Sorry falang if this was your bike.......................lol

Iamfalang

Chiangmai Apartments, near one of the main gates.   Rented a room for many months, they had a nice mountain bike lying around.   I asked about and she said I can ride it for 400 baht a month.   Great!!!!  I rode it in the rain, changed parts (new stem, different handlebar) and the bottom bracket got pretty beat up but I didn't fix that.   Chain destroyed, brakes worn out, you get the idea.......rode it for hours every day......

I tell the lady, "Next year, when I come back, I'll use that bike again." 

she says, "Well, it is a foreigner's bike and he will be here in a few months.   So, we'll see."

OMG.   OK, late!!!!

Good stuff.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

Your story doesn't quite seem right.  Why would the foreign owner leave his bike unsecured and accessible to anyone for many months and why would you make modifications to "her" bike? 

Regardless, what's the problem?   All you did was rent a bike from her, the foreign owner's problem should be with her, not you.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Your story doesn't quite seem right.  Why would the foreign owner leave his bike unsecured and accessible to anyone for many months and why would you make modifications to "her" bike? 

Regardless, what's the problem?   All you did was rent a bike from her, the foreign owner's problem should be with her, not you.

Exactly, it's not my problem.  It's hilarious.  I needed the bike to fit me better, so I lengthened the stem.   Handlebars were too narrow and didn't sweep, so I modified that as well.

Why would the foreign owner leave his bike unsecured and accessible to anyone for many months??

This is the comedy part.   I don't know.   But I can assure you someone did.   Maybe they trusted the lady.  That's what I'm guessing.  

That's what soo funny to me.  You (falang) think they are helping you out, and they get your bike trashed to make some extra money.

Falang comes back, super confused, can't complain.  I'm laughing.   I beat that bike for like 3-4 months.  

Edited by Iamfalang
  • Sad 3

get mad at me all your want.  We had an agreement, I rode the bike as much as possible. I'm not going to bring the bike back to new before I left.  That's up to the apartment lady (owner?  nope, but I thought she was), and she looked at the bike when I left and didn't care.  Then I found out why she didn't care, and I was told that AFTER I was done riding the bike.

Rent a car, drive it 10,000,000 km and then rebuild the engine before returning it?  NO.

Buy new tires after you rent a motorbike and ride it?  NO.

She had zero interest in that bike, and told me as I moved out.   I'm NOT going to NOT leave Chiang Mai, fix the bike 100%, and then leave.

lol

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

It's hilarious.

Debatable. 

10 minutes ago, Havefunme said:

denies renting bike and blames foreigner from taking it.

If there is CCTV he could be prosecute with criminal damage and possibly theft. 

Off to prison? 

6 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

get mad at me all your want.  We had an agreement, I rode the bike as much as possible. I'm not going to bring the bike back to new before I left.  That's up to the apartment lady (owner?  nope, but I thought she was), and she looked at the bike when I left and didn't care.  Then I found out why she didn't care, and I was told that AFTER I was done riding the bike.

Rent a car, drive it 10,000,000 km and then rebuild the engine before returning it?  NO.

Buy new tires after you rent a motorbike and ride it?  NO.

She had zero interest in that bike, and told me as I moved out.   I'm NOT going to NOT leave Chiang Mai, fix the bike 100%, and then leave.

lol

If you rented a car and trashed it you would be held to account. You basically abused somebody and their  property - and you think boasting  about it is normal?

People boast about

1.  being a sexpat

2.  no helmet on motorbike

3.  driving drunk

4.   drinking on their bike

5.   bar stuff

6.  using agents, lying 

7.  you name, the falang does it!!!!!

I got offered a price, took it, beat that bike and now

the falang will learn not to be so stupid with their stuff, and make it clear to a Thai (WHO is more at fault that I am) to not rent out their stuff so she can make money.

I'm helping all you...

while the falang puts Thai lives in danger by driving drunk on the motorbike, which I see everynight.

glass houses.  

next time you think you get a "good deal," give them more money?

dog eat dog world 

16 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

People boast about

1.  being a sexpat

2.  no helmet on motorbike

3.  driving drunk

4.   drinking on their bike

5.   bar stuff

6.  using agents, lying 

7.  you name, the falang does it!!!!!

I got offered a price, took it, beat that bike and now

the falang will learn not to be so stupid with their stuff, and make it clear to a Thai (WHO is more at fault that I am) to not rent out their stuff so she can make money.

I'm helping all you...

while the falang puts Thai lives in danger by driving drunk on the motorbike, which I see everynight.

glass houses.  

next time you think you get a "good deal," give them more money?

dog eat dog world 

And falang hate the word falang, so better to use expat or foreigner. 

6 minutes ago, Bangkokhatter said:

Comedy gold.... you post a topic trying to make fun of a fellow foreigner and end up getting called out yourself.

More of a TIT if you ask me! 

Amazing Thailand with everything that comes with it for good and bad

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

More of a TIT if you ask me! 

Amazing Thailand with everything that comes with it for good and bad

I think TIT is being too kind. Ar$ewipe is a better description for someone who knowingly steals another persons property, abuses it and then boasts about it.

8 minutes ago, MisterPooFarty said:

I think TIT is being too kind. Ar$ewipe is a better description for someone who knowingly steals another persons property, abuses it and then boasts about it.

Well, I'm not especially surprised anymore by anything. I guess that's my problem and really do not care of childish people brag about such events. Should I care? I would care if he stepped on my toes, and still bragged about it. Seems to many of those online for a reason, but not to often in real life, but they exist 

Edited by Hummin

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Well, I'm not especially surprised anymore by anything. I guess that's my problem and really do not care of childish people brag about such events. Should I care? I would care if he stepped on my toes, and still bragged about it. Seems to many of those online for a reason, but not to often in real life, but they exist 

I agree. Too many pussyboy keyboard warriors like the OP on this forum.

Edited by MisterPooFarty

So common in social places like chiang mai or island where foreigners leave it and allow you to rent it out as a Thai.

Not sure what the news, shocker or funny part is anyway. OP rented bike and decided to fix it up, and expects it is his whenever he returns to rent again?

Then just offer to buy it.

I actually have a decent good motorbike I left with someone to store for me and he is allowed to use or rent it out too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH