Moderna vaccine for booster

Nabbiex

7 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

My wife agrees on that. She refuses the vaccine because a number of people she has spoken to have had long-lasting effects from the vaccines. And as the virus has mutated to be much milder, if you're fit and healthy maybe there is no longer a big risk for you. I know someone who died from a blood clot from the AZ vaccine.

However I have had 2 x AZ followed by a Moderna booster and then a Pfizer booster. For me the benefits outweigh the risks.

You draw the correct conclusion in your final paragraph.However to suggest the benefits outweigh the risks in the context of Covid vaccinations is akin to saying the benefits outweigh the risks in flying in an aircraft - though the latter is statistically more risky.

With respect your first paragraph doesn't make much sense and anecdotal evidence/ uninformed gossip need not be taken seriously.

17 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Sorry to hear about your daughters struggle.  Hard on the parents for sure also. 

Our daughter 8 had one childs Pfeizer vaccine then got COVID.  Bad fever and cough.  Finally got her second vaccine two months ago.

Theres a lot of reluctance to get a boosters here in my parts of Issan, Unfortunately.  I'm in Sakon Nakhon near the border of Beung Khan.

Thanks for your comment the good thing is kids soon bounce back and she was treated in Chiang Mai Ram an excellent private hospital where she was born.

We always take her there if a problem sees the same pediatrician who is brilliant.

Has since had her first shot of Pfizer and due the booster end of August no side effects except doesn’t like needles.

We live in the North of Chiang Mai Province and she got hers shot at one of the local hospitals it was full of kids good to see

We are certainly not anti vaccination but there seemed to be mixed advice on the minimum age so we waited until she was six.

I suppose now she like my wife will have the

anti bodies as well hopefully as will your daughter.

Just recovered from hospital treated CO-VID. My doctor said get booster SOON. The 6 month recommendation he said is way out of date with recent  research and recommendation. 3 months better for me but certainly SOON.

Please be careful, folks! I had Pfizer and AZ last November/December. No inkling that I had Co-Vid until I felt extreme fatigue, especially when driving. I tried to ignore it (stupid me!), then had a bad fall when I fell asleep and off a chair onto a concrete path. Had bad concussion and 2 nights in hospital.

Still very tired (after 3 weeks) and avoiding driving if I can.  My balance and reaction times still not 100%.

On 7/22/2022 at 10:26 AM, recom273 said:

We are at KK Ram hospital now, discussing the same as this post. 

Moderna here is 500B - we had a Pfizer booster at the local village hospital. We arrived at 7.30 - sat under a plastic tarp tent for an hour until the admin staff showed up, no social distancing, we then proceeded to snake around the car park, completing forms that have been completed twice already, only to get to the front of the queue where they couldn’t find the westerners name on the system. It was like this last time. We got out around 3-3.5 hours later. 

This was the second attempt to get a booster, the week previous was so busy, we walked away. 

I normally wouldnt consider this, but my wife and I were just thinking, paying 500B might be the way forward, combine it with a regular trip to the hospital rather than partake in this six monthly communal activity. 

Thanks for this info mate. I'll be in KK end of the month and looking for the 4th jab, I want Moderna and happy to pay 500Bt. I'll check out Ram as soon as I hit town. 

4 hours ago, StevieAus said:

doesn’t like needles

What kid does.

Huge drama for our kids.

Funny enough.  I got a Pfizer booster #4 yesterday in the village we live in.  Only person there with 5 nurses just waiting around for people.

A lot of hesitant elderly people that probably will regret it later. 

On 7/22/2022 at 8:57 AM, Tuvoc said:

Well, my guess is that there will be modified vaccines available in time for the next booster. We get annual flu jabs so maybe that is the way Covid is heading.

It would certainly be convenient if they could manage to make a combination flu/COVID-19 shot.

5 hours ago, grain said:

Thanks for this info mate. I'll be in KK end of the month and looking for the 4th jab, I want Moderna and happy to pay 500Bt. I'll check out Ram as soon as I hit town. 

I’m back there on Monday, will post a photo .. it was in the lift or maybe a TV screen.

• 4 weeks later...

Got an email from Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok today advising that they're offering doses of the original Moderna vaccine now thru the end of October at what are discounted prices from what they've been in the past.

1485886356_ModernaviaBumrungrad.jpg.a61186ae867454ed4137b02171e0f955.jpg

"Bumrungrad International Hospital is now taking reservations for the alternative COVID-19 vaccine (Moderna), which is being offered at an exclusive price. Reservations can be made through October 15th, 2022, and vaccinations are available through October 31st, 2022.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone receives at least 3 booster doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. Booster doses should be received 4 months apart to help with reducing the chance of COVID-19 infection and reducing the severity of symptoms if contracted. "

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/packages/moderna

Meanwhile, both the UK and the U.S. are moving ahead with 2nd generation COVID vaccines specifically tailored to the more recent Omicron variants of COVID. But I have yet to see any details of when / where / how those newer vaccines will become available in Thailand.

Johns Hopkins' Aug. 18 Coronavirus email update had this recap on those developments, with the U.K. taking one approach involving the original Omicron variant, and the U.S. taking a different approach focusing on the more recent BA.4 / BA.5 ones:

"US officials have indicated that Omicron-adapted vaccine boosters could be available for everyone aged 12 and older within the next month, but the US FDA and CDC must act first to authorize and recommend a new vaccine booster. Experts have mixed opinions regarding an FDA plan to base its authorization decision on studies involving mice instead of humans.

The UK this week approved a new bivalent booster from Moderna that targets both the original SARS-CoV-2 strain as well as the original Omicron variant, BA.1. The FDA rejected BA.1 bivalent booster versions earlier this year, instead calling on vaccine manufacturers to develop bivalent boosters targeting the Omicron BA.4 and/or BA.5 subvariants."

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/--COVID-19-Updates---August-18--2022.html