Long traffic delays at Dover ferry port are fault of Brexit, claim French

onthedarkside

1 hour ago, candide said:

In which port did 10,000 tourists/day enter Spain last week-end?

Don’t know. I’d have noticed if there were any reporting massive queues and no staff, but the Spanish were all organised. 

10 minutes ago, baboon said:

Of course you don't. Just another one out for yourself and to hell with everybody else, so why would you?

Because there are more of us than you. Democracy remember?

66 Million not shackled to the EU for the convenience of Southern Remainer ferry users. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

well somebody was clearly aware of the delays that Brexit would cause.

It’s why the UK Government spent £millions building lorry parks to deal with the delays Brexit was bound to cause.

Unless of course you think they had a heads up that COVID checks were going to be necessary when the Government planned and built the lorry parks.

????........Preparing an area for our transport, as a now free nation, was good planning, I would've thought.. ????

I mean, on the other side of the channel they have similar, for all those illegal immigrants to camp in, before the dinghy ride...????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s why the UK Government spent £millions building lorry parks to deal with the delays Brexit was bound to cause.

Not the cars and caravans that were the bulk of the delayed traffic?

Operation Stack for the lorries has been around long before Brexit. 

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2022 at 12:15 PM, nauseus said:

Strange that the French didn't worry about stamping British passports before we joined the EEC/EU.

Those were simpler times. Everybody was a lot more relaxed about immigration back then - it wasn't till a while afterwards that the politicians made it into an issue.

France wasn't particularly bothered about how long UK citizens stayed there at that time - I used to go over and stay for up to six months at a time without any issue whatsoever. I'm sure I could easily have stayed longer if I'd wanted. Other countries in Europe were similar, as far as I recall. 

Now immigration is a big issue pretty much everywhere, so there are many more checks and controls than there used to be, pretty much everywhere.

51 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Don’t know. I’d have noticed if there were any reporting massive queues and no staff, but the Spanish were all organised. 

I was being ironic. Very few people go directly to Spain by boat so there is no equivalent situation in terms of flow of tourists. 

Tourists from UK arrive in Spain either by car (and there's no control because they have been already checked in Dover), or by air. Taking into account the legendary Spanish sense of organisation, I doubt there are less queues in Spanish airports than in French airports. 

31 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Because there are more of us than you. Democracy remember?

66 Million not shackled to the EU for the convenience of Southern Remainer ferry users. 

What has the above tripe got to do with what I said?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Those were simpler times. Everybody was a lot more relaxed about immigration back then - it wasn't till a while afterwards that the politicians made it into an issue.

France wasn't particularly bothered about how long UK citizens stayed there at that time - I used to go over and stay for up to six months at a time without any issue whatsoever. I'm sure I could easily have stayed longer if I'd wanted. Other countries in Europe were similar, as far as I recall. 

Now immigration is a big issue pretty much everywhere, so there are many more checks and controls than there used to be, pretty much everywhere.

Yes...simpler times for sure and agree about the politicians. A real pity but they call it progress!

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

How did the Remain voters  know that there would be a technical glitch with the Calais immigration in six years time and that there would be vigorous Covid status checks when entering France ?

It was in the scriptures, the creed of Project Fear. 

And lo and behold it came to pass 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I was being ironic. . 

Taking into account the legendary Spanish sense of organisation, I doubt there are less queues in Spanish airports than in French airports. 

Are you being ironic again?

Check the passenger numbers for Palma or Alicante. Probably 5 or 10 times the quantity of Calais. 
Same checks according to you, but different organisation. No major queues in Spain or the Remainers would have been howling again. 
Spanish border organisation is infinitely better than the French. You need a new ledgend writer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baboon said:

What has the above tripe got to do with what I said?

Not enough Southern Remainers we’re delayed at Dover for the rest of the whole of UK to actually care. The rest of us don’t nip across the channel to our villas for the school holidays.  

3 minutes ago, bannork said:

Give us the Chapter and Verse for Armageddon again will you.  I need to have a laugh at that one. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Are you being ironic again?

Check the passenger numbers for Palma or Alicante. Probably 5 or 10 times the quantity of Calais. 
Same checks according to you, but different organisation. No major queues in Spain or the Remainers would have been howling again. 
Spanish border organisation is infinitely better than the French. You need a new ledgend writer. 

Really? ????

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com/holiday/airport/2022/05/25/101651/mallorca-long-airport-queues-getting-bad-press.html

https://www.euronews.com/travel/2022/05/20/palma-delays-majorca-airport-on-verge-of-collapse-after-weeks-of-long-queues

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/travel/spain-warning-tourists-those-flying-24149371

And it's about airports in which the flow of passengers per day and hour is known in advance from flights schedules.

The problem is that you make definitive assertions on ,matters of which you are ignorant, in order to express your own prejudices.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, candide said:

Really? ????

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com/holiday/airport/2022/05/25/101651/mallorca-long-airport-queues-getting-bad-press.html

https://www.euronews.com/travel/2022/05/20/palma-delays-majorca-airport-on-verge-of-collapse-after-weeks-of-long-queues

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/travel/spain-warning-tourists-those-flying-24149371

And it's about airports in which the flow of passengers per day and hour is known in advance from flights schedules.

The problem is that you make definitive assertions on ,matters of which you are ignorant, in order to express your own prejudices.

Although that is a prediction about the future  from the Union requesting more staff 

"Mallorca airport could “collapse” without the urgent recruitment of more staff, a Spanish police union has warned.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Although that is a prediction about the future  from the Union requesting more staff 

"Mallorca airport could “collapse” without the urgent recruitment of more staff, a Spanish police union has warned.

Hair splitting! 

Long queues in Spanish airports for non-EU passengers (mainly from UK) have been consistently reported in the Press since May, despite the Spanish border organisation being "infinitely" better! ????

7 minutes ago, candide said:

Hair splitting! 

Long queues in Spanish airports for non-EU passengers (mainly from UK) have been consistently reported in the Press since May, despite the Spanish border organisation being "infinitely" better! ????

"Infinitely better" as in not so many queues and a shorter time going through immigration ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

"Infinitely better" as in not so many queues and a shorter time going through immigration ?

What are you talking about? According to the links I posted, there have been many queues and long time going through immigration at Spanish airports.since May.

12 minutes ago, bannork said:

These will come to pass.

We're already wrestling with an acute shortage of nurses, the pound is on the floor, and the country is on the ropes regarding inflation.

There has always been a shortage of NHS staff , the Pound is 20 % higher than it was a few years ago and every Country has high inflation .

So, stop worrying 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, candide said:

What are you talking about? According to the links I posted, there have been many queues and long time going through immigration at Spanish airports.since May.

Did you not understand the first time ?

The queues in Spain are fewer/less/smaller than the queues in Calais 

• Like 2

Really? ????

Does French border control not know in advance the scheduled arrival times of the ferries? Obviously not in Calais, or else they just decided to ignore them and cause delays to the British. 

What did the Majorca Daily Bulletin report about last weekend’s delays? None, because there weren’t any. Spanish border control had prepared themselves, unlike the bloodyminded spiteful French. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Ah Project Fear.....a collection of strange tales and fiction from the dubious works of George Osborne. 

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There has always been a shortage of NHS staff , the Pound is 20 % higher than it was a few years ago and every Country has high inflation .

So, stop worrying 

You might want to edit that a bit Mac.

• Haha 1

Really? ????

The problem is that you are trying to defend the indefensible. You compatriots were totally in the wrong.