has the west gone woke?

3 hours ago, stoner said:

2 weeks ago standing in royal bank in ontario canada the display behind the teller was advertising for black entrepreneur loans. 

so if i fill it out online and identify as a black man yet show up to the bank as a white man....what then. 

will i be denied the loan ? 

its a "grey"  area............identify as grey that way you cover both colours ....howeverWhat causes albinism?

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

Woke is a vocal, but quite small fringe movement. Sadly, it gives the far larger anti-democratic fascist movement a lot of ammo.

Frankly, of infinitely greater concern for civilized and decent society is this growing trend toward autocracy and fascism. Look at the repub party in the US---a caricature seemingly from The Onion led by a bloated, willfully ignorant, self-serving clown. His supporters---some elected---now say government should be run by religion. Of course the most visible proponent of that 'religion' idiocy is someone who didn't even graduate from high school, who thinks family Christmas cards look better if everyone---mom, dad, kids---is brandishing an AR-15, and is a QAnone disciple despite the fact her hubby did time for exposing himself to teen girls. She just closed down a cafe where packing a gun was mandatory for entrance.

It's a lot easier to ignore the Pronoun Warriors than idiots like 45 and his cult, who are hellbent on destroying the system that brought such prosperity and growing fairness to the country over almost 250 years.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

disgusting .....cave  dwellers........... surely

Quite disgusting indeed! However 'cave' can be slang for vagina, also known as the 'magic cave', and as such is demeaning anyone identifying as female. Orifice dwellers would be more appropriate.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, howlee101 said:

So what should ladyboy/ladyman be called? Personperson?  Honestly, Thais don't have a problem with the term ladyboy, only the westerners do.

I don't have a problem with it, just don't expect me to use it.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Woke is a vocal, but quite small fringe movement. Sadly, it gives the far larger anti-democratic fascist movement a lot of ammo.

Frankly, of infinitely greater concern for civilized and decent society is this growing trend toward autocracy and fascism. Look at the repub party in the US---a caricature seemingly from The Onion led by a bloated, willfully ignorant, self-serving clown. His supporters---some elected---now say government should be run by religion. Of course the most visible proponent of that 'religion' idiocy is someone who didn't even graduate from high school, who thinks family Christmas cards look better if everyone---mom, dad, kids---is brandishing an AR-15, and is a QAnone disciple despite the fact her hubby did time for exposing himself to teen girls. She just closed down a cafe where packing a gun was mandatory for entrance.

It's a lot easier to ignore the Pronoun Warriors than idiots like 45 and his cult, who are hellbent on destroying the system that brought such prosperity and growing fairness to the country over almost 250 years.

Like I mentioned earlier, there are very crazy people on the right and on the left. We shouldn't ignore them as long as they are so loud and influence other people.

For me it seems there are many crazy and/or stupid people on the right, i.e. all those people who still "think" Trump won the vote. But one reason that they stay on the right is that they see all those true information about "the left". Often fox news reports the truth. Or to be precise they report about maybe the 1% radical left. And they call it "the left". In reality most of the left is not as bad as the radical left. But do the people on the right side notice that difference?

And personally I think the biggest mistake of the center left is that they don't clearly say that the radical left is crazy. The "normal" left should do all they can to make sure everybody knows that they are not as crazy as the radical left. But that is not happening. Somehow many center left people don't say anything about the radical left. And the result is that the right can rightfully say: Look at those people on the left. Look how crazy they are and/or what crazy people they support.

And I consider myself center left.

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Like I mentioned earlier, there are very crazy people on the right and on the left. We shouldn't ignore them as long as they are so loud and influence other people.

For me it seems there are many crazy and/or stupid people on the right, i.e. all those people who still "think" Trump won the vote. But one reason that they stay on the right is that they see all those true information about "the left". Often fox news reports the truth. Or to be precise they report about maybe the 1% radical left. And they call it "the left". In reality most of the left is not as bad as the radical left. But do the people on the right side notice that difference?

And personally I think the biggest mistake of the center left is that they don't clearly say that the radical left is crazy. The "normal" left should do all they can to make sure everybody knows that they are not as crazy as the radical left. But that is not happening. Somehow many center left people don't say anything about the radical left. And the result is that the right can rightfully say: Look at those people on the left. Look how crazy they are and/or what crazy people they support.

And I consider myself center left.

But what is truly "Fair and Balanced" when it comes to reporting news?  The idea that anything can be fair is a relative question that hangs in the balance, so which is it?

https://fairandbalanced.substack.com/p/anti-woke-grievance

"In case you’re not very familiar with this topic, I’ll give a quick summary. Wokeness is generally understood to be political correctness run amok. It is a term that represents an excessive, oversensitive, and repressive response to the idea that societal inequities are systemic in nature and that societal change to remedy that fact is justifiable."

Anti-wokeness refutes the legitimacy of this idea, and decries the “woke” response to it as a threat to the fabric of liberal (free) society. A common thread in anti-woke discourse proclaims the notion that equality and equity have generally made progress over the past century (this, of course, is broadly true) and so it follows that our society should be less concerned with issues of equality and equity than we were in the past, and that these concepts should dissipate in relevance and prominence in our culture and politics (this, I contend, is false logic at best).

• Thanks 1