Thai doctors say marijuana is a "danger" to society - call for immediate liberalization U-turn

webfact

No evidence given as to why these doctors want to make a u-turn. And the very next article is about two 14 year old girls on a motorcycle, one dead, the other in the hospital with serious injuries. If they are so concerned about the children, there are many other issues for them to focus on. Marijuana use is not one of them.

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

heres a cut and paste from your  authoritative article..........I stopped reading it after seeing that.....utter rubbish, 

It may be that people who use marijuana also tend to engage in risky sexual behavior or intravenous drug use

It sounds more like reefer madness than serious scientific research  

OK. Here is something more thorough for you:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6182105/

And again, there is a lot more up to date info on Google. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

I thought all you 'weed' smokers were supposed to be all 'laid back' and happy all the time, and never talked down to or badly about others?

was that in reefer madness I don't remember, either way its just another aspect of  cannabis that you don't know anything about

5 minutes ago, element555 said:

Kids, teenagers or young adult who would tends to suffer of Schizophrenia unfortunately would become have a psychotic break which would lead to the disease one day or another but a strong amount of THC so as all psychedelics (LSD, Magic Mushrooms psilocybin (psilocin), DMT (Tryptamine's family hallucinogenic drugs

Can't compare ganja and LSD, totally different. 

Amphetamines were the ones that nearly put me in the loony bin. 

Alcohol succeeded.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, dr_lucas said:

OK. Here is something more thorough for you:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6182105/

And again, there is a lot more up to date info on Google. 

here's something for you    https://www.healtheuropa.com/health-benefits-of-cannabis/92499/  plenty more on google for you too "dr"

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Exactly.

Although I don't smoke dope, I am all for legalization of all drugs, and possibly the banning of alcohol, which does more damage than all drugs.

Although drugs would cause more harm if they were legalised .

Imagine a bar/ town full of people all on Yabba  

There would be a war zone 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Although drugs would cause more harm if they were legalised .

Imagine a bar/ town full of people all on Yabba  

There would be a war zone 

Stroll down Leith Walk at 11pm on a Saturday night and you'll see what alcohol does to people regarding fighting. 

21 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

was that in reefer madness I don't remember, either way its just another aspect of  cannabis that you don't know anything about

I've noticed that having a great 'knowledge of cannabis' was never considered essential in my working life. 

Can you study it for your O or A levels or maybe a degree? Did you?

Must be fascinating to listen to a load of, quite possibly, elderly expats discussing their 'weeks best smoke'.

????????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BestB said:

No murders only more doped up idiots, acting more idiotic than the usual and a few possibly doped up drivers taking out a few electricity poles here and there ????

Those silly poles keep jumping out into the middle of the road unexpectedly 

So where do you get your info from to support this derogatory and childish post ?

• Thanks 1

This must constitute a rebellion. Why? Surely the Minister for Health would have polled senior members of the medical fraternity to get their tacit agreement to derestrict use of the plant? Of course he did.???? Off with their heads I say!

I'm away to get me a cup of the world's most used drug, caffeine.

Edited by PETERTHEEATER
Add comment
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I've noticed  andthat having a great 'knowledge of cannabis' was never considered essential in my working life. 

Can you study it for your O or A levels or maybe a degree? Did you?

Must be fascinating to listen to a load of, quite possibly, elderly expats discussing their 'weeks best smoke'.

????????

not as entertaining as listening to you prohibitionists spouting rubbish about something that by you own admission you know very little about.

None of your "chicken little" predictions have come true and neither will they,  the  sudden concern for the" potential damage " to "young people" (for whom cannabis is prohibited) is evidence of desperation setting in, so a few quack doctors have been persuaded to spread a bit of fear add a bit of wieght to the failing prohibitionists arguments

Just out of interest what has anybody's  age got to do with anything ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Silencer said:

I have never visited a doctor that is for alcohol consumption or cigarette smoking. Regardless of the benefits, or problems, of wide-spread marijuana availability in Thailand, the real problem was there was no public discourse or planning before an "out of the blue" decision by Anutin was announced. The police, hospitals/doctors, politicians, and regular citizens were all surprised. 

but that's all that happened    a few people were "surprised"   no big deal really

9 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Anutin wanted his dream come true but its turning out to be a nightmare. 

There are only a few of you having nightmares,,  you should try smoking cannabis  It will help

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

If the Doctors believe that Cannabis is a " Danger  to Society ", just wait out a while until things are " Spiced " up a little by the Thai users.

Then that will be a real problem for Society.

Anybody? 

6 hours ago, MaiDong said:

There are many many more things that are a danger to society in Thailand than weed, I'd say the useless education system is multitudes more dangerous. 

Let's try and focus here...

3 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

Weed is not the problem....the THC content is. 

My time the THC was a mere 3% ....now they growers have pumped this up to 25% and more. Weed is now psychotic. 

Alcohol content is controlled ... would/could you drink spirits with, say, 80 % alcohol? Hardly. 

Regulate the THC content? Maybe taxing the THC content? 

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

of course it´s going to be a health problem. Like all drugs as alcohol and tobacco. The question is just how many different substances we need to legalize to make people stay dumb and put.

Good point. Wait... I maybe dumb but I'm not put. 

There is currently a system for distribution. It's somewhat regulated. Wait till everyone's plants are ready in a couple of months. There is going to be cheap bud EVERYWHERE! Hang on everyone, this is going to be fun!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Chopinbkk said:

Not one post here will change a single mind on this subject!
But if we had a vote on this forum, it would be 9 : 1 for legalization. And since we are all democrats (excluding the Trumpist), I suggest that the '1' just shut up. 

spot on

AGREE-I believe and it is "MY OPINION" that it is a Gateway to higher Drug addiction "FOR SOME!" A Majority of some people who use Marijuana do not go on to use other Harder Substances and that's Great. But why legalize it for those that will go to Harder Substances?? 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

here's something for you    https://www.healtheuropa.com/health-benefits-of-cannabis/92499/  plenty more on google for you too "dr"

An article published in the "Medical Cannabis Network" that was written by Tara Leo of "CaliExtractions" to promote her shop which sells cannabis oil extractors. Her marketing article also contains no links to any of the studies, we just need to take her word for it. While some of the claims she makes are well known and genuine, others are very suspect with little evidence.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

There are only a few of you having nightmares,,  you should try smoking cannabis  It will help

The nightmare I was referring to are the law makers/politicians and medical experts who are now sorting out the mess left by Anutin.

5 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

really ? https://www.caffeineinformer.com/harmful-effects-of-caffeine    see anybody can find a link to some negative reports on anything if truly doesn't prove anything

Sorry, what is your question?

I said Caffeine (and nicotine) are the least dangerous of the Psychoactive substances. 

Pure Heroin, is actually pretty safe, it is the illegality of it that makes it dangerous.

Edited by Neeranam

40 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

This must constitute a rebellion. Why? Surely the Minister for Health would have polled senior members of the medical fraternity to get their tacit agreement to derestrict use of the plant? Of course he did.???? Off with their heads I say!

I'm away to get me a cup of the world's most used drug, caffeine.

You little wild thing.  Did you do a study on it's potency or do you just go wild and hope?

????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dan747 said:

AGREE-I believe and it is "MY OPINION" that it is a Gateway to higher Drug addiction "FOR SOME!" A Majority of some people who use Marijuana do not go on to use other Harder Substances and that's Great. But why legalize it for those that will go to Harder Substances?? 

are you for real?  the gateway drug rubbish, is just that,  rubbish,    It won't make negroes rape your daughter , or turn you into a communist either.      Some people die from peanut allergy would you ban peanuts too ??   Unbelievable just unbelievable

• Like 1
  • Haha 1