Nineteen people in Phuket who had contact with monkeypox infected Nigerian tested

webfact

image.jpeg

Provincial health officials in Phuket have located 19 “high risk” people who were found to have had close contact with the monkeypox-infected Nigerian man, who was the first confirmed case in Thailand and is currently being treated at a hospital in Cambodia.

Dr. Kusak Kukiattikoon, the Phuket provincial health chief, said yesterday (Sunday) that specimens from the 19 people have been sent for lab tests, with only two negative results already available, adding he expects the tests on the rest will be available in three days.

While waiting for the remaining results, he said all of the subjects are in isolation and are being monitored by health officials, who will call them in 7, 14 and 21 days to ask about their condition. After the 21st day, health officials will collect further specimens for another test, he added.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/nineteen-people-in-phuket-who-had-contact-with-monkeypox-infected-nigerian-tested/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-07-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Is anyone else getting déjà vu from 30 months ago?

Will we all be back to square one regarding virus lockdowns? Let's not forget there's an election on the horizon and Gen. Pinnochio only just scraped through the weekend's censure debate. Oh, and Thaksin's talking of a return....

The best thing to do is scare everyone back into panic mode and 'we know what's best for you' restrictions of movement.

I just hope that they don't want to check everyone's genitals to get into 7Eleven... actually, there are a couple of cuties in my local 7! ????????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

July 23 (Reuters) -" The rapidly spreading monkeypox outbreak represents a global health emergency, the World Health Organization's highest level of alert, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Saturday."

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/monkeypox-outbreak-constitutes-global-health-emergency-who-2022-07-23/

Just when things seemed to improving?

Well done Thailand!

In New York only capacity for ten tests a day according  to this story below by a  promiscuous gay guy who caught the pox at Gay Pride in new York.   I for one will be seriously  considering  my vaccination soon.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/23/i-literally-screamed-out-loud-in-pain-my-two-weeks-of-monkeypox-hell

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

That guy was hiding out on overstay and Monkeypox spread while he was already in Thailand, so where is the hunt for monkey pox patient zero, who is obviously the giver. 

Give them the 40 year old vaccine that is still effective. 

Probably  gone back to Ethiopia or the country of this guy's origin.

• Like 1

Wow, that report above sounds horrific. I will say that sleeping with dozens of partners on one weekend doesn’t sound a very clever thing to do, especially as he was something to do with health work. Just assuming that the hospital is going to cure you is very naive wherever you are . For those people anywhere thinking of taking the risk, read that, you might change your mind.

4 hours ago, geisha said:

Protected sex should be a given since a long time now., the early 80s ?? 

Records generated in the UK recording the the growth of STIs suggest safe sex and condom use use has diminished in the most promiscuous sectors of society. The bathhouse culture that let to the spread of HIV AIDS in the gay community has been replicated in the sex/party drug scene. The article in the left leaning Guardian  below suggests currently the monkey  pox is a gay male issue. Presumably like HIV aids it can spread to the heterosexual community through male bisexuals who are also at at high risk from monkey pox. The Guardian suggests the WHO are correct to sound the warning about monkey pox.

It is unclear to me if the monkey  pox can be spread  by intravenous drug use but I suspect so.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jul/25/monkeypox-emergency-who-disease

5 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Records generated in the UK recording the the growth of STIs suggest safe sex and condom use use has diminished in the most promiscuous sectors of society. The bathhouse culture that let to the spread of HIV AIDS in the gay community has been replicated in the sex/party drug scene. The article in the left leaning Guardian  below suggests currently the monkey  pox is a gay male issue. Presumably like HIV aids it can spread to the heterosexual community through male bisexuals who are also at at high risk from monkey pox. The Guardian suggests the WHO are correct to sound the warning about monkey pox.

It is unclear to me if the monkey  pox can be spread  by intravenous drug use but I suspect so.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jul/25/monkeypox-emergency-who-disease

My goodness the Guardian admited it was mainly gay men who got it,not like that left leaning rag

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

My goodness the Guardian admited it was mainly gay men who got it,not like that left leaning rag

A broken clock is correct twice a day! The Guardian  is truly despicable  but so is the DM. There is a brilliant  video on you tube exposing Guardian  hypocrisy but last time I put a link to it I was banned from the forum.  Look for channel Joe Pineapple and the title The Guardian The Web we want. Censoring you for your own good..

Lol

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

A broken clock is correct twice a day! The Guardian  is truly despicable  but so is the DM. There is a brilliant  video on you tube exposing Guardian  hypocrisy but last time I put a link to it I was banned from the forum.  Look for channel Joe Pineapple and the title The Guardian The Web we want. Censoring you for your own good..

Lol

I will check it out,but i cant even read the guardian,its worse than a rag and makes the D M look tame.