Well over 100 bent cops sacked from "rotten" RTP this year - Prayuth's 20 year corruption drive continues

webfact

12 hours ago, kennw said:

And I guess you will also accept that the road carnage can continue. Corruption is one thing lack of law enforcement is the other, and I suggest the real reason for such a high road death tally.   

Sadly, it will continue, with as much certainty as the sun rises each day. There are many contributing factors .. law enforcement is just one ... however, it begins and ends with every driver on the road. Drivers cause accidents ... not the police.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I am presuming he backed down somehow.

You are right. One of these guys who rather pay than have hassles. But he paid nonetheless.

But I had a Thai girl back into my parked motorcycle and she tried to run away. While I was calling for the police a crowd of Thais gathered and started calling me names trying to get me to give up making it look like it was my fault.

Edited by Pouatchee

On 7/26/2022 at 10:13 AM, tomacht8 said:

133 + 19 from 300000.

What a gigantic achievement.

A Real police reform looks different.

The trouble is how else do you deal with it? You can't just get rid of them all. It will take time to turn it around as it's such a big problem. Hopefully if enough are kicked out then it will dissuade others joining because of the corruption and the chance to benefit. Things should improve as those who are corrupt become a smaller part.

Of course the police aren't the only place where there's corruption so more work is needed.

Edited by kimamey

On 7/26/2022 at 10:10 AM, Gknrd said:

Funny but I still remember many many years ago driving into Pattaya.. Two cops were pulling over cars and demanding 200 baht. Both so drunk that they could hardly walk... Kinda miss the good old days. 

May seem odd , but I would take those days over these days in a heart beat.

I don't miss those days. For five years now the police in Bangkok have stopped extorting money from motorcyclists in Bangkok. One positive.

Rooster

On 7/26/2022 at 10:14 AM, Snig27 said:

555, you really couldn't make up this dystopian drivel if you tried. The supremely corrupt junta drums out a token corrupt cop now and then from the absolutely broken cabal (yes, mafia cabal) that is the RTP. 

I have a friend who is involved in international drug trade detection processes, part of Interpol. He advises police and customs forces worldwide and says Thailand is the only country in the world that shows complete disinterest in what he does and where the police actively and openly, without fear of retribution, interfere in the detection processes. This goes to the top. Discussions with Prayut's government at the highest levels have met similar total disinterest. They are all rotten to the core. 

My cousin is married to a policeman in the UK. I went for a beer with him and some of his mates last time I was back in the UK. They were in stitches when I described what goes on here!

Edited by herfiehandbag

On 7/26/2022 at 10:20 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Quote end quote, said the Raven Nevermore, as he lined his pockets himself while fingering others......kind of two faced now, well that's how I view his billions that he has gained in 8 years....

Please expand on the 'fingering of others' please.

Would you by any chance mean other members of the cabinet?

Health minister maybe?

I was stopped last night at 1 of the toll fee booth by the police. I had dinner at Hops Pattaya and drank a glass of house brew beer. The first test showed that I had alcohol in my system and was pulled aside. The second test was to see the level of alcohol concentration I had in my system. 

I was confidant I will be cleared as I only drank a glass. There are about 8-10 dudes sitting at the side curd obviously arrested. Police acted polite and I was asked again before blowing onto the second device (something like last warning). I said keaw dio jing jing. I puffed and read 32, instant relieved from the officers. One of them excitedly shouted to the old officer with many stars on his shoulder, 32! He walked over saying good, good! No drunk! Sign and you go... and he stand there staring at those side curb guys. 

Surprisingly I didn't felt any disappointment in them when I passed the test. I actually could feel that they were genuinely happy and proud of me. I was thinking they will try to pull some baht out of me even I passed the test but they didn't. I feel the real rotten RTP are the ones high above.      

20 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

You are right. One of these guys who rather pay than have hassles. But he paid nonetheless.

But I had a Thai girl back into my parked motorcycle and she tried to run away. While I was calling for the police a crowd of Thais gathered and started calling me names trying to get me to give up making it look like it was my fault.

It is a very discriminatory society.... they look after their own first.... 

Easy to become the victim if all around are quite prepared to lie for that reason.  even dealing with the police they look to line their own pocket above fairness. 

Edited by jacko45k