Best pubs in Thailand

The only proper pub like places I liked apart from some in Pattaya is in CM the Red House the only one I go to in New Sukhothai is a bar the Chopper Bar, never found what I would call a pub in New Sukhothai. 

7 minutes ago, DezLez said:

Where in CM is the "Red House"?  Do you perhaps mean the "Red Lion"?

Apologies yes Red Lion because of pandemic not be there for ages going in October when the family starts to come over again. 

• Thanks 1

One on soi 13 off of Suk like 5 minutes down on the left side. Decent Guiness, all the stuff like talent and quiz nights, Red Top newspapers on offer to peruse with your drink.

They have a good menu, but better to order a curry in from next door. After Cheap Charlie's died, it's been a very decent alternative.

Another vote for The Red Lion in CM.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

One on soi 13 off of Suk like 5 minutes down on the left side. Decent Guiness, all the stuff like talent and quiz nights, Red Top newspapers on offer to peruse with your drink.

They have a good menu, but better to order a curry in from next door. After Cheap Charlie's died, it's been a very decent alternative.

Another vote for The Red Lion in CM.

I quite like the 'new' Cheap Charlie's.

Doesn't have the vibe of the original but still has character.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

The only proper pub like places I liked apart from some in Pattaya is in CM the Red House the only one I go to in New Sukhothai is a bar the Chopper Bar, never found what I would call a pub in New Sukhothai. 

New Sukhothai?

33 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

New Sukhothai?

History :- Old Sukhothai City where I live is where Siam first began as a country.

New Sukhothai city is the main town of the province of today. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LaosLover said:

One on soi 13 off of Suk like 5 minutes down on the left side.

Totally meaningless post unless we, the actual readers (not mind readers), know which town or city  you are talking about?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Pub crawl from Udon to CM

Danish corner nong khai

Brick House Inn udon

Saloon Loei

District 65 phits

Bar 64,000 sukhothai

Bm Phayao

Plus tawan daengs

You only missed about 4000 ???????????????? but yeah righto .

Edited by starky

The name of that pub on Soi 13 is The Sportsman. Must also compliment them on their arctic AC.

IN BANGKOK. Because a lot of Thai cities have entertainment districts off of streets called Sukhamvit Road.

Also on Soi 13 are Red Lion and German Beer Garden branches. It's a pretty good soi over all with 2 cheap Indian restaurants and one (very good) high end one.

Did go to the new Cheap Charlies, but it felt like going to CBGB's in Las Vegas. Glad that collection of tangled old wood still remains, tho. I gave them a small wooden bust of an Indian head and it made the transfer over to On Nut. I miss that classic sign in the tiny bathroom: No Sh!++ing, only P!zzing. It was a true travelers crossroads back in the day, when the idea of travelers having a crossroads was a thing, before everyone just started staring at their phones.